Diary of a Madman---a collection of KANSAS' rants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <in unison>
    Boom chucka lucka, Boom chucka lucka, Boom chucka lucka, Boom!
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• I love it when Kansas posts in this thread
      AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
      2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
      3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
      4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
      5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
      6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
      7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• I actually shared this post with a bunch of my friends.....a great great post Kansas.

Comment

• Kansas' post made me refeel 0-16, the exact moment it happened. I actually, personally, felt like a loser that day.

I am going to go listen to Enya and some really self indulgent Radiohead, maybe even Amnesiac, and that album sucked. Fuck.
          The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Well it sounds like Deuce's day has been ruined.

Comment

• That's my Friday night sorted....., few beers, swallow all my aggression, along with a lot of pizza, and watch Stripes. Cheers Kansas.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• You got me real fired up now Kansas. Let's GO!!!

GO LIONS "11" !
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Well put Kansaw !

Yup, 1st preseason game tonight. Football returns...another season is almost upon us. The injury issue is going to be a huge concern, and the focus to me is get our 1st stringers their reps and then get them out.

I was barely a football fan in 1991 for that NFC championship loss. What stung the worst to me was the "House of Horrors" loss to Philadelphia in 1995. Sure 0-16 sucked - I was kind of numb to it by the end. I remember turning that GB game off and going for a walk on that cold December Sunday asking myself why do I care?

Well, mutts indeed. No longer are we the kids on the short bus. We are developing talent and it's time to start kicking ass and taking numbers. The night is always darkest before the dawn...
                  Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                    Kansas' post made me refeel 0-16, the exact moment it happened. I actually, personally, felt like a loser that day.

I am going to go listen to Enya and some really self indulgent Radiohead, maybe even Amnesiac, and that album sucked. Fuck.
                    lol!
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Nice work Kansaw.
                      "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

• As this is my first post I would like to point out the obvious that yes, I am the "Rant writing, pre-game post-game commentating, buy my Lions jersey a few months before they change their uniform wearing" Kansas's son.
                        To try and follow family suit, I will attempt to step through my father's pessimistic cloud of cigarette smoke and fill his orthopedic, velcro shoes with a "rant" of my own.

An Interview With Newly Acquired Free-Agent DT Quinn Pitcock

Me: Quinn, I appreciate you doing this. I realize you're very busy.

Quinn: No problem.

Me: So first of all, how does the team look this year?

Quinn: Well it is my first year here, but I can tell you this isn't the same
                        old Lions. I'm looking for us to be very competitive.

Me: That's good to hear. Not to dive too deep, but as far as your depression and addiction to video games which forced you to retire a couple years ago, do you feel that part of your life is over?

Quinn: Oh yes, I've gotten over my depression and the addiction is no longer a problem.

Me: Congrats on that... being a former 3rd round draft pick, how do you feel your chances are at making the team?

Quinn: Well we have a lot of D-line depth here in Detroit. You look at a guy like Ndamukong Suh and he's a beast. His power rating is something like a 97 with a tackle and swim move rating somewhere in the 90's as well. Then Corey Williams and Nick Fairley are very effective, with I'm guessing somewhere near a 85 overall rating. Not to mention Cliff Avril's pass ru....

Me: Wait....ratings?

Quinn: Yeah, that's how I kind of gauge where I stack up to my teammates.

Me: What do you mean?

Quinn: Well my overall rating is only somewhere in the 60's so I hope by the time roster updates come online I can use my play on the field to bump it up somewhere more respectable.

Me: Roster Updates? Ratings? Is this how the coaching staff grades their players?

Quinn: No it's how EA Sports ranks the overall ability of the players on the new Madden 12 coming out this month.

Me: I thought you were over that addiction!!

Quinn: Look man, I said I wasn't addicted anymore. I didn't say I didn't play them...like, a lot.

Me: So how much have you cut down on the time you put into it?

Quinn: Well I used to play non-stop all day, now I pause it to go get an energy drink or go to practice or workout or something.

Me: Whatever, so what is your goal for this season?

Quinn: I've been working a lot on my footwork to bring my pass blocking and run blocking ratings up from a 35.

Me: Quinn, you're a DEFENSIVE tackle.

Quinn: Well I don't want to be seen as one dimensional!

Me: Wow. Thanks for your time.

Comment

• lol!

I can totally see Kansas wearing those shoes. ;)
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Excellent first post!
                            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Very good post....welcome to the forum Jr.

Comment

• Nice work Junior!
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X