Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ducks don't play dirty hockey.

Not at all.

Going for a person's head long after the puck is away is perfectly sportsmanlike.

Totally.

Comment

• Last minute goal!!!!
      ------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Lidstrom!

:40 left
        ------------
        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Putting the biscuit in the basket. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I absolutely hate the ducks btw.
          AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• great start to a series. Osgood held them in there in the 3rd, it was looking sketchy.

Comment

• Yeah, both teams really settled in by the third period.

And listen to the Ducks coach. Would you like some cheese with your whine?

"Waaaaah! We can't charge recklessly at people and hit them in the head! It's not fair! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Comment

• Great win but this Rafalski injury really hurts. We had a good week off between games. WTF happened?
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• From what I am told, Rafalski is day-to-day. He could very easily be cleared to go for Game 2.

As for what happened... I have no idea. Could have been something as stupid as straining his ribs reaching up to a counter top.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    Great win but this Rafalski injury really hurts. We had a good week off between games. WTF happened?
                    I suspect both he and Draper are being held for caution due to concussions.

Great Hockey Game!

5 down 11 to go.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "Big body. Actually, he looks like Chris Pronger. Except for the cross checking."
                      -- Mike Babcock on Jonathan Ericsson

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yUTn7PpDs"]YouTube - Brown hit on Hudler - CBC Angle 5/1/09[/ame]
                      Last edited by Rocky Bleier; May 2, 2009, 08:04 AM.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Mike Brown must die.... cheap shot fucker.
                        The only logical explanation is:
                        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Ericsson doesn't back down to Penis Perry

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNxLaL-xhPQ"]YouTube - Corey Perry vs Jonathan Ericsson May 1, 2009[/ame]
                          Last edited by Rocky Bleier; May 2, 2009, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• "Could have been something as stupid as straining his ribs reaching up to a counter top."

That sounds like a baseball injury.

Rocky, is that an actual quote from Babcock? Good stuff if it is.

I was at the game last night. There were $40 tickets available through Ticket Master if anyone wants to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deacon Blues View Post
                              Mike Brown must die.... cheap shot fucker.
                              It looks like he was going for Hudler's head, but it's hard to determine intent from the video. Brown's elbows were down, and I think he connects with Hudler's shoulder first. Need to keep your head on a swivel against the Ducks. Interestingly, however, the Wings out hit the Ducks 36-24.

Comment

• I don't there was any intent to injure. It was reckless, not malicious.

Brown had decided about five seconds before contact that he was going to hit Hudler come hell or high water. He had tunnel vision about getting that hit, to the point that he stopped looking for the puck, and had the carelessness to not really size up Hudler properly. That led his check to come in high and make contact with the head.

It was worth a five minute major, but I don't believe there should be a suspension. I just found Carlysle's whining about it funny. Reckless play defines his team, and to whine that you can't hit people in the head (intentional or not) is hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X