No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if GiGi is going to start the game tonight. I doubt it but I'd love to see it. The Wings will light him up and then Hiller will have to come back in.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• No way. Hiller will be in goal.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        Sorry guys. Way late in this thread but other obligations dictated where my time was spent........

I am guessing by he, you are referring to Tom?

Another reason why the Weasel known as Bettman needs to be given the boot from the NHL as cigar smoke filled backrooms are not where rules are made.

Ahhhhh, the Coaches job is to create mismatches, not let the players feel comfortable on their shift.........

Ozzie does have brain farts however, a goalie is responsible to anticipate where the puck will be coming from. Sometimes when the puck is fired from a distances a goalie would expect a teammate to get in front of it. I did not see the play but am explaining how goalies anticipate the movement of the puck.

......ahhhhhh, the coach is creating mismatches. He has a lot of tools to do that. He just needs to be more "Bowman like" and sit guys that are not producing and put guys in that work.

This is the basic rule in hockey. Seems to me that the Wings are not acknowledging they have a weak D and are not bringing the backcheckers in enough.

I am questioning why he pulled his goalie at 3:00+ to try to make up a two goal deficit. I am also guessing he was sending a message to his goalies that if you do not do your job, I will put another skater on the ice and they will do a better job. He got taught a lesson if that was the message he was trying to send.

I too was looking forward to game 4. The true litmus test of a Championship team is how they respond to a bad bounce. I was convinced the Wings would put the puck into the net but, gave Hiller a bit more respect as he has played well up until now. His getting pulled by the Coach now means his psych is damaged and he could give a shit what happens next time as he is likely to get pulled after the first goal. Qualifer..........I did not get to see the whole game and the goals that were scored. I only saw highlights and did not think any of the goals were the goalies fault.

Going to 7? I am willing to bet it does not. I am willing to bet the Wings are totally focused and win the next 2.

Ha, ha! Holmstrom a goon? In some circles, they call active hitters and pests, goons. Holmstrom is a Vet. I did not see the play that is in question but can tell you that a Vet (or any player that is used to taking abuse) will get their arm high quickly when someone has abused them in the past or when they think they are in danger. I can not speak any more on this play as I did not see it either live or on replay......

.....notable commentary but without seeing it, I can not comment on it other than the Officiating has been suspect in many of the games throughout these playoffs......much more so than I have seen in the past....

You are correct but, when the Wings win, will you admit the were the best team or will you complain about calls you thought should have been made?

In my book, a cross check with the stick is much more cowardly than raising or leading with an elbow.

Heh, heh.......let me see here. Wings get chastized for not selling out playoff games but Ducks get complemented because their games are sold out and it turns out that a good portion of them are Wings fans?

The question becomes: Since Detroit is so economically disadvantaged, how is it their fans can show up on the West Coast for a game? Even more importantly, Where are the Ducks fans in Detroit?

Loved the Ozzie chants and the "Let's Go Red Wings" chants during game 4. I think I even saw an octopus thrown on the ice. Please, Red Wing Fans.......have some respect. DO NOT THROW THINGS ON THE ICE!
        I didnt read any of that but I'd prob agree.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Sheep
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Frank, is your picture of the guy in the Dos Equis commercials? The most interesting man on earth? The man who once had an awkward moment just to see how it feels? The man who lives vicariously through himself?

Comment

• Yes, yes it is. His reputation is expanding faster than the universe.
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Is it true he is often questioned by police... just because they find him interesting?

Comment

• LOL! Understatement of the week by a T.V. announcer...

"Chris Pronger is not well liked by the Detroit fans."
                  Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck.
                  - Don Schula

Comment

• Wings swarming....only a matter of time until the score the first goal....
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Nah... watch Anaheim score on this power play.

Comment

• Almost... some scary moments on that one though.

Comment

• Good Penalty Kill. Still on the swarm....

Comment

• Fuck Gonz's little "the Ducks play to get beat on the stat sheet."

Hiller is the only reason this game is 0-0. The rest of that team is playing like shit.

Comment

• I applaud Hiller for playing well despite the fact his Coach threw him under the bus the last game.

Comment

• With each playoff goal... Frazen's 10-year contract looks like more and more of a sweet deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X