No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point being, wait for a truly soft goal before launching into your prepared rant.

Still in it, barely after the Mule goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Point being, wait for a truly soft goal before launching into your prepared rant.

Still in it, barely after the Mule goal.
      Bah, prepared my ass.

Osgood just lets in so many soft goals it seems that way.

Comment

• Yeah especailly when you consider legit redirect goals as soft goals.

Comment

• As I said, I missed the deflection. Sue me, asshole. Do I need to repeat myself five more times before it sinks into your thick skull?

He's let in enough goals without help it's not hard to assume it did it again.

But with that said, the main problem wasn't Osgood at all. The problem was the team in front of him didn't do nearly enough. I'm not even sure they showed up tonight. An absolutely putrid and indefensible effort by the Wings tonight... they played slow and sloppy and uninspired. They should have lost by three or four.
          Last edited by chemiclord; May 12, 2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Bogus elbow by Goonermeyer into Datsyuk's chin.

FUCK THE DUCKS! SMOKE THOSE COCKSUCKERS AT THE JOE!!!!!!!!!!
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• I think even with the deflection, it was still soft.
              ------------
              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• It would depend. Perry was right up in the crease. At that point, it would just be a matter of luck, hoping it would hit Osgood rather than go through. Sure, a goaltender can do things that make him easier to hit, but it would still boil down to the luck of the bounce.

Comment

• My voice is hoarse and I can barely hear (ears are ringing) but I can certainly read just fine.

This quasi game thread was funny.

The DUCKS are healthy and it showed. They played better D in front of #1 and they looked like themselves again. GETZLAF is the engine that drives that train and when he's not right, the team is not right. He was effective tonight and I can honestly say he still has alot more than he's showing thus far.

That DUCK team can compete with anyone and I F'N dig it when it takes no less than almost perfection to beat DET.

3 - 3 = game 7!

Anything is possible...

GO DUCKS!
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• That old fucker on NHLN just used a saying that GETZ is the guy that "drives the bus".

My line too old puck

Comment

• Wings played uninspired for two periods. Ducks wanted it more than the Wings.

What is up with continually waiving the center out of the face off circle? Is the linesman suggesting the Wings don't know how to do a faceoff? I understand it happening once in a while but it seems this linesman had a hard on for Detroit centers.

The bad blood exchanged at the end of the game was uncalled for. Game 7 is going to be very physical. Wings crowd will be 6th man on the ice......
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Watch tough guy Getzlaf target Hossa, and Needledick throw an elbow at Datsyuk. These guys define tough.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbI-tVDzKkQ"]YouTube - Ducks vs Red Wings 5/12/09 After the game 6[/ame]
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Carlysle made a good move in playing that 5 man unit, it befuddled the Wings and it seems like they kind of eased off of the forecheck. And they were more controlled in their puck possesion resulting in less turnovers. You had the weird Lost flashback with both teams playing the trap for a moment, it looked like a Panthers/Devils game circa 2001. It didn't look like the Wings were playing all that inspired for the whole game, but it can appear that way when the other team is doing things that you aren't prepared for.

I think chemiclord might be right about the knee injury. Getlaf was looked like he was playing on a bad wheel. Albeit he was playing very well through it, if it is an injury. The first goal, TSN isolated him and showed him laboring up the ice but he came through.

The two Duck goals were the result of hustle. the Wings need to show that in Game 7 or they'll be golfing. But they also need to be controlled, I think yesterday guys like Samulsson and Datsyuk were trying to do too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            Wings played uninspired for two periods. Ducks wanted it more than the Wings.

What is up with continually waiving the center out of the face off circle? Is the linesman suggesting the Wings don't know how to do a faceoff? I understand it happening once in a while but it seems this linesman had a hard on for Detroit centers.

The bad blood exchanged at the end of the game was uncalled for. Game 7 is going to be very physical. Wings crowd will be 6th man on the ice......
                            Game 1 and 2 (and 3?) was reversed with the DUCKS being kicked out of the faceoff way too often and we couldn't really figure it out more than 1/2 the time.

I guess you only notice that kind of stuff when it is affecting YOUR team.

And yes ROCKY BLEIER, I watched it........live, right in front of me

As for the physical stuff, the DUCKS aren't going to put up with the pussified way the WINGS go about being "agressive" (code for cheap shots).

The fight at the end of the game was right below and in front of me. Both sides wanted to vent some frustration and its just too F'N bad that the DUCKS won't back down from any opportunity to get it on.

That was the first time I have ever seen NEIDS (#27) get into a physical altercation like that as a DUCK. He's a pacifist in comparison to other DUCKS. The only way he goes like that is because DATS wanted to try and play tough guy (was twisting NEIDS around from behind) but found out he's nothing but a little punching bag trick.

And if you want to F with GETZLAF, you better bring your lunch boys.

Game 7 lore to follow.....

Comment

• Hossa, Datsyuk, and Rafalski. Yeah, there's a lot of honor in going after those guys. It was nothing more than the Sucks trying to send a message for game 7. It goes like this, "We're the big, bad, Mighty Ducks, and we are not afraid." The video shows Needledick, not as a pacifist, but as a coward. Twisting from behind? Oh, my! I like how he made sure to keep his visor on when he fought. The Wings really were venting their frustration by skating away. Then Getzlaf hooks Hossa and starts punching him. I'm glad it happened because the Wings will be sure not to come out slow again. Enjoy the victory. It's the last one 'til next season.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
                                Game 1 and 2 (and 3?) was reversed with the DUCKS being kicked out of the faceoff way too often and we couldn't really figure it out more than 1/2 the time.

I guess you only notice that kind of stuff when it is affecting YOUR team.

And yes ROCKY BLEIER, I watched it........live, right in front of me

As for the physical stuff, the DUCKS aren't going to put up with the pussified way the WINGS go about being "agressive" (code for cheap shots).

The fight at the end of the game was right below and in front of me. Both sides wanted to vent some frustration and its just too F'N bad that the DUCKS won't back down from any opportunity to get it on.

That was the first time I have ever seen NEIDS (#27) get into a physical altercation like that as a DUCK. He's a pacifist in comparison to other DUCKS. The only way he goes like that is because DATS wanted to try and play tough guy (was twisting NEIDS around from behind) but found out he's nothing but a little punching bag trick.

And if you want to F with GETZLAF, you better bring your lunch boys.

Game 7 lore to follow.....

What?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????? Gonz, I know they're your team but isn't that statement a little jaded?
                                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

Working...
                                X