No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a simple solution to this nonsense. In a playoff series, make the penalties carry over to the next game. A 10 minute misconduct is meaningless if its delivered at the 60 minute mark. But if you have to serve those 10 minutes in the next game, you might think twice about it.

Comment

• From Mlive.com:

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Anaheim Ducks defenseman Scott Niedermayer rarely fights, and the Detroit Red Wings' Pavel Datsyuk is a three-time winner of the Lady Byng Trophy for sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct. Yet there they were, two superstars, exchanging punches...

Excerpt:

Most other players claimed they don't know what set it off or were reluctant to talk about it.

Datsyuk shrugged it off as just a part of hockey.

"I don't want to talk about that," Datsyuk said. "It's not my priority."

Said Niedermayer: "There was a lot going on, I don't know how it all started. The next thing you know my gloves are off. That doesn't happen too often. I didn't even know who it was at first. I took a couple of punches to the face. I guess after a couple, I figured I'd try a couple."
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
        From Mlive.com:

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Anaheim Ducks defenseman Scott Niedermayer rarely fights, and the Detroit Red Wings' Pavel Datsyuk is a three-time winner of the Lady Byng Trophy for sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct. Yet there they were, two superstars, exchanging punches...

Excerpt:

Most other players claimed they don't know what set it off or were reluctant to talk about it.

Datsyuk shrugged it off as just a part of hockey.

"I don't want to talk about that," Datsyuk said. "It's not my priority."

Said Niedermayer: "There was a lot going on, I don't know how it all started. The next thing you know my gloves are off. That doesn't happen too often. I didn't even know who it was at first. I took a couple of punches to the face. I guess after a couple, I figured I'd try a couple."
        LOL! The video says different...
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          There is a simple solution to this nonsense. In a playoff series, make the penalties carry over to the next game. A 10 minute misconduct is meaningless if its delivered at the 60 minute mark. But if you have to serve those 10 minutes in the next game, you might think twice about it.
          Yep, you're free to do as you please in Colin Campbell World. The league doesn't have the gonads to give Getzlaf, Perry, Marchant, and Needledick what they deserve. It'll be business as usual on Thursday. Better that way though, it takes away the excuses when they lose.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Rafalski wasn't in the middle of the scrum along the boards, he was in between the circles getting jumped on by the cheap shot du jour.
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• lofl

This place is now almost neck and neck with Mlive user whining regarding the game.

1hockeydude is laying the lumber on the Wings fans in there

Comment

Looks like a case for some filthy lawyer to ambulance chase.

But since Bobby Ryan is playing in the games anyway, its not really a big deal.

The media just hasn't been made aware of what appears to be common knowledge for those close to the team.
                Until some knucklehead announces it on the worldwide web.

As i see it No one is whining. No one is claiming it cost them the game or anything. They are simply pointing out that the Ducks act like goons because they act like goons no whining. Just calling it like it is!
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Calling the DUCKS goons is whining by default because WINGS fans get upset that their Euro whimps get pummeled by a team like ANA.

Comment

• Yes, jumping a guy and ripping off a helmet to hit him on the head is hockey.

Comment

Game 1 and 2 (and 3?) was reversed with the DUCKS being kicked out of the faceoff way too often and we couldn't really figure it out more than 1/2 the time.

I guess you only notice that kind of stuff when it is affecting YOUR team.
                      The difference here is that the Ducks deserved to get kicked out of the circle. Wings were just waiting for the puck to be dropped.;-)
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Yes, jumping a guy and ripping off a helmet to hit him on the head is hockey.
                        Fight be-yotch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          The difference here is that the Ducks deserved to get kicked out of the circle. Wings were just waiting for the puck to be dropped.;-)

Btw, I think I would enjoy taking in a high level playoff hockey game with you someday. No, I know I would enjoy it.
                          Last edited by Panoptes; May 13, 2009, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Yeah he should fight like Toe Blake and Eddie Shore

Comment

• Oh wow, those are blasts from the past!
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Why wouldn't the Wings expect the Ducks to come out fighting in game 6? It was win or go home for them. They should have known better.

What really kills me is that the Wings did look uninspired. They seemed like they were just going through the motions. They had a chance to put them away and didn't and now will have to take their chances in a game 7 where any bounce can happen.

Whichever team wins though, they will have their hands full with a young, energetic Chicago team that appears to be hungry......and will be rested.
                                All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X