Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
    Shhhh...you'll upset everybody's two-dimensional, stereotyped, sculpted-by-writers-of-sports-stories-for-junior-high-school-kids worldview.
    So why don't you tell us, exactly what you meant by that. To put it in context, you posted this in response to Tom disagreeing with Mark about Federov's effort/lack thereof.
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• "the high school star comes up with two outs and the bases loaded in the ninth and smacks one for his ailing grandmother--not sportswriters."
      ---------------------------Oh so you mean those individuals who make sports stories not those who actuallt write about them.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
        "the high school star comes up with two outs and the bases loaded in the ninth and smacks one for his ailing grandmother--not sportswriters."
        ---------------------------Oh so you mean those individuals who make sports stories not those who actuallt write about them.
        Yes. You know, Frank Merriwell and Jack Armstrong type characters.
        I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
          "Anyone in the NHL is a harder worker than Fed, I am not so sure you can say that about Stevie."

I don't agree with that at all. Fedorov worked hard and he was a crucial member of the three Cup teams. I think the guy gets criticized so much because at times he made things look effortless and when he didn't repeat the performances it made him look like he wasn't trying. And the "Yzerman never takes a shift off" talk is also garbage. Even Stevie said you have to learn how to pace yourself and you can't go 100% all the time.
          Let me remind you. The only time Fed worked was when he was guaranteed 27 Mil to make it to the Finals. After that, what did he do? In fact, was he on the last Cup team? My memory is rusty but, I am thinking the last cup was won with out the slacker.

There is a difference between pacing yourself and not showing up in games. Yz always showed up to play in big games. Fed showed up when his girlfriend was not in town.

With that said, how much has Fed put on the board since he left the Wings? I am suggesting his talent is HOF but his effort sucks.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
            Shhhh...you'll upset everybody's two-dimensional, stereotyped, sculpted-by-writers-of-sports-stories-for-junior-high-school-kids worldview.
            LOFAO! Two deminsional? You are suggesting I do not watch the games and only read the sportswriters.

Sorry, you are wrong here.

Comment

• The Wings are getting no respect here in PA, it is actually kinda of funny listening to peoples excuses/smack.

Comment

• Originally posted by suz View Post
                The Wings are getting no respect here in PA, it is actually kinda of funny listening to peoples excuses/smack.
                I find it amusing that no tickets are available to Wings fans but the videos of game two showed lPenguin fans at the Joe.

Not to worry, Suz.

No respect necessary. When the Wings hoist the cup you only need to put on your Wings jersey and smerk big time.

When they ask you why you are smerking, ask them when was the last time they won a Cup?

Then quack at them.:D

Heh, heh.

Comment

• No Gonz?

So if the Wings beat the Pens, THEN we play the Ducks??
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• There can be no Stanley Cup without the Ducks. If the Wings don't beat the Ducks, it doesn't count.
                    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• suz, tell the Pens fans they should turn there efforts towards the making of Happy feet II. This series is all but over.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• LOL:D

Comment

• I thought Feds worked hard while in Detroit. I wish he'd have stayed around. He always new how to bring it in the playoffs

Can you imagine Dats one line and Feds on the second. Damn that wouldve been something
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Fedorov's playoff numbers were usually among the highest on the team. From 1994 - 1998 he had over 20 points and again in 2002. He is also 4th all-time in points for Red Wings.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              Let me remind you. The only time Fed worked was when he was guaranteed 27 Mil to make it to the Finals. After that, what did he do? In fact, was he on the last Cup team? My memory is rusty but, I am thinking the last cup was won with out the slacker.

There is a difference between pacing yourself and not showing up in games. Yz always showed up to play in big games. Fed showed up when his girlfriend was not in town.

With that said, how much has Fed put on the board since he left the Wings? I am suggesting his talent is HOF but his effort sucks.
                              While you're reminding people, you might want to refresh your memory. Federov surely wasn't slacking in 2002. He probably should have won the Conn Smythe, Yzerman said that Fedorov carried him that playoffs. You would think guys who don't show up in big games would have a hard time leading the team in playoff points. In my opinion most every playoff game is big.

There were times when his effort was in question, but he was always in position defensively. He had flashes of dominance but would disappeared sometimes offensively, but the slacking tag is way overrated. You would think slackers are also slacking on defense.

Comment

• Now I really wish I was a Red Wing!

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X