• wasn't she in Pootie Tang ??
    The only logical explanation is:
    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
      Now I really wish I was a Red Wing!

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid...e&service=page
      I'd settle for being the Stanley Cup.

That's pretty cool that her picture was on one of the playoff tickets in '96.
      "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• That was an awesome article. Its funny most of the movie stars that do interviews on hockey dont usually sound like they know what theyre talking about but she was money!

Great read
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Somewhere in Pennsylvania, Mr. Osgood is looking over that article and thinking, "Damnit..."

Comment

• lol
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Was anyone surprised as I was by the tv ratings in Detroit? Seems the Pistons telecasts on Saturday and Monday were much more popular than the Wings. I personally used PIP with the volume on the Wings. I wonder if the stronger ratings for the Pistons may have had anything to do with the Wings games being on Versus.....or are the Pistons just that much more popular?

Comment

• It helps that the Pistons/Celtics series has been slightly more competitive than what has happened so far between the Wings and Penguins.

Comment

• The hockey game on Saturday was more competitive than that terrible game 3. So I am suprised by that info Bill.

Comment

• Wednesday, May 28, 2008
                    Pistons beat the Red Wings in local TV ratings game

Mekeisha Madden Toby / Detroit News Television Writer

Metro Detroit is all about basketball.
                    Just look at the ratings results for the NBA Eastern Conference Finals featuring the Detroit Pistons and the Stanley Cup finals starring the Detroit Red Wings gathered over the Memorial Day weekend. On Saturday and Monday nights, the Pistons had the higher ratings locally. According to Nielsen Media Research, the Pistons game garnered an 11.5 rating/21 share Saturday compared to the Red Wings game on the same night and time with an 8 rating/15 share. On Monday, the ratings tell a very similar story with the Pistons pulling a 15 rating/22 share against the Red Wings' 10 rating/15 share. Rating points represent a percentage of the viewing audience, and the share is the number of televisions in use.
                    To be fair, the Pistons games against the Boston Celtics were a lot easier to find because the home games aired on local ABC affiliate WXYZ-TV (Channel 7) Saturday and ESPN on Monday. By contrast, the Red Wings' home battles against the Pittsburgh Penguins could only be found on Versus, a little known cable network often not offered on basic cable, and on CBC, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
                    Advertisement

Although the Red Wings didn't trump the Pistons in the ratings, the beloved hockey team's fight to be the best did give CBC and Versus some of their highest Stanley Cup Finals ratings ever. Saturday's opener attracted 2.11 million Canadian viewers and 2.3 million American viewers on CBC.
                    The first two games of the finals also gave Versus its highest national ratings for an NHL game and some of its best ratings overall, second only to a 2.1 rating for Lance Armstrong's final ride in the 2005 Tour de France.

Comment

• I'd say there's your answer; the last I saw, Versus was in just 71 percent of cable households. If you're just an overall sports fan and you can get the Pistons and can't get the Wings, you're not going to leave the house to go watch the Wings. That 29% is just about the difference between the two games' ratings.
                      I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• I will admit I am hard on Fed. That is because I feel he has the talent to be the best player ever in the NHL and he squandered it with inconsistant effort. He would make Gretzky look up to him if he brought it every night.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Wooooo there buddy. I dont know about all that.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Lets Go Wings!!
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              Wooooo there buddy. I dont know about all that.
                              There has never been a more dominate 2 way player than Fed. He can play O and make you look sick then skate back and take away the puck and turn it into a scoring chance. His skills are better in both aspects of the game than any other player I have ever seen. Not wanting ice time because of a soar throat will make one wonder what his commitment to the game is.

My point here is if you look at the guys playing the game, they play with stitches (ohhhhhh, don't ask a football player to even play with an injured pinky) and are used to getting slammed but doing their job with the puck. Fed, especially early in his career refused to get into the lineup if he was not 100%. Bullshit, I tell you. What he meant was, pay me more and I will play.

All athletes want to be compensated fairly for their services. It seems only Lions players get over compensated because of a flash performance. Fed was compensated handsomely and in fact, turned down the best offer of his life thinking he was worth more. Play harder get paid more. What has his skills achieved since he left Detroit? Has he lead the league in anything? Has he been able to increase his (supposed most valuable) playoff numbers?

Just like those who diss Osgood saying the team around him is what makes him good, I will suggest that Feds stats were because his teammates made him better (just like a humble Yzerman, best Captain of all time for this franchise admits).

Fed moved on because his performance in the Playoffs that Yzerman admitted he was better in did not result in removing the C from the Captain and giving it to Fed. Not being able to wait until it is your rightful turn suggests a selfishness that does not have the game in mind but rather, himself.

Hmmmmmmmm. Can anyone give me an example of unselfish play from Fed?
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Dumb early penalty
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X