No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The penalty kill unit has come up huge when its needed to. Its hard to stop the pp units of teams with as skilled of players as Chicago's and Anaheim's every time. As long as they keep winning I'm happy with the PK unit.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Well, short of that one stupid penalty they have stayed away from being goaded into stupid penalties.

When the opposition has 5 stupid penalties (at home no less) and the Red Wings have 1, I'll take those odds every day of the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
        "When you basically spot your opponent at least one goal per game, eventually, it's going to cost you."
        ----------------------You just keep bitching about it and I'll keep watching em win. When they win the Cup you can bitch because they gave up too many PP goals.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
        When they win the Cup, it won't matter.

But if they lose 3 one goal games to Pittsburgh after giving up a PP goal in each game... uhh... yeah, it would be a factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
          Well, short of that one stupid penalty they have stayed away from being goaded into stupid penalties.

When the opposition has 5 stupid penalties (at home no less) and the Red Wings have 1, I'll take those odds every day of the week.
          That is what minimizes the damage. Sure, the Wings PK hasn't been good, and they've countered that by largely staying out of the penalty box.

Comment

• As pessimistic as chemic is, it's not crime to point out that the penalty kill hasn't been good. Hasn't cost us yet, but it doesn't mean it couldn't if it doesn't get better. That said, if our penalty kill was top 2 or 3 in the playoffs, that's pretty much flawless hockey which I don't expect to have happen.

Comment

• Well Chem, they get a little bit of a reprieve in this one with Lidstrom out on short notice. The defense in front of Osgood let him down on that one, no way he can prevent that rebound on that shot.

This isn't the Lions, where when they give up 21 points (in the first quarter) it comes back to haunt them - the Red Wings are more than capable of retaliating.

Comment

• Did I blame Osgood for that goal? No.

In fact, that was entirely on the PK defense, which has been rather subpar all playoffs.

Comment

• Conklin in net... Babcock likely trying to keep Osgood from being targeted by Blackhawk players looking to "deliver a message."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    As pessimistic as chemic is, it's not crime to point out that the penalty kill hasn't been good. Hasn't cost us yet, but it doesn't mean it couldn't if it doesn't get better. That said, if our penalty kill was top 2 or 3 in the playoffs, that's pretty much flawless hockey which I don't expect to have happen.
                    Considering the Wings have played pretty much flawless hockey in the past, it's not completely out of line to expect it on occasion.

And honestly, the penalty kill hasn't been the Wings biggest weakness... because as it has been noted, when they have really needed a big kill, they've generally gotten it. What has worried me the most is that I really haven't seen a full 60 minutes from the Wings yet. In nearly every game, they've had one period where, for one reason or another, they lose their edge. I really don't like that habit with the Penguins coming up. A loss of focus for 20 minutes against the likes of Crosby and Malkin will be a 3 goal deficit real quick.

Comment

• Zetterberg nets a rebound during a power play.
                      ------------
                      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• That was classic meltdown by the Blackhawks. It's too bad the next game is not until Wednesday. They may gain some composure by then.
                        "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• Originally posted by Deacon Blues View Post
                          Markus, you ignorant slut...

LOL Deak! BTW, even though the puck was at his feet, he did not have control so technically, it could be called interference. I still see it as an elbow, though.;-)

I am thinking my poor eyesight and insistence on being right would qualify me as a superior NFL ref......

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          No Lidstrom.

Chelios instead.

Yeah, I'll see you all Game 5. It'll be a best of three series at that point.
                          Good call.

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          Considering the Wings have played pretty much flawless hockey in the past, it's not completely out of line to expect it on occasion.

And honestly, the penalty kill hasn't been the Wings biggest weakness... because as it has been noted, when they have really needed a big kill, they've generally gotten it. What has worried me the most is that I really haven't seen a full 60 minutes from the Wings yet. In nearly every game, they've had one period where, for one reason or another, they lose their edge. I really don't like that habit with the Penguins coming up. A loss of focus for 20 minutes against the likes of Crosby and Malkin will be a 3 goal deficit real quick.
                          Ya, just like the Pens did last year 'cept they had a guy named Hossa, too.

.......oh, wait. Last year the Wings had goaltending........

11 down 5 to go.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "In nearly every game, they've had one period where, for one reason or another, they lose their edge. I really don't like that habit with the Penguins coming up. A loss of focus for 20 minutes against the likes of Crosby and Malkin will be a 3 goal deficit real quick."
                            ------------------------So what you're saying is the Wings are going to give up three goals in one period in every game they play against the Pens. Why don't you go back to bitching about PP goals and I'll sit back and enjoy the Wings run to another Cup.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• This thread is proof positive that Chemiclord can ruin any game thread, regardless of the sport.

I bet he is just a peach to actually watch a game with...
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The defense was sloppy on that PP goal, but they played pretty solid the rest of the way from this seat.

Will be interesting to see what Blackhawks team takes the ice in Game 5, because they simply imploded in Game 4 like a house of cards.

Comment

Working...
                                X