Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
    Like when Cooke hit Holmstrom? Gotta expect that. The league thinks Homer is a punching bag. 1 PP for Detroit. 2 PPs for Pitt. I'll take it if it keeps Crosby and Malkin off the board.

That's the one Rock...The one where the announcers were calling for a 10 minute misconduct, and yet no call was made.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Gill's slash on Helm's breakaway would have been called if it had been 87 in white with the puck.

Bad News:

Datsyuk absent from Wings' Sunday morning skate.

It looks like Pavel Datsyuk won't play tonight in Game 2 against Pittsburgh.

He wasn't out on the ice for the optional morning skate, which he likely would have been if he were closer to playing.

Kris Draper (pulled groin) was on the ice.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        Gill's slash on Helm's breakaway would have been called if it had been 87 in white with the puck.

Bad News:

Datsyuk absent from Wings' Sunday morning skate.

It looks like Pavel Datsyuk won't play tonight in Game 2 against Pittsburgh.

He wasn't out on the ice for the optional morning skate, which he likely would have been if he were closer to playing.

Kris Draper (pulled groin) was on the ice.
        Holland was on local radio yesterday and said Erickson and Datsyuk were questionable and if you did not see them in game one, you will not see them in game two.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Three more victories to go baaaaabbbby.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• What was that, the 9th playoff series in a row that the Wings have won Game 1? Always good to get off to a good start.

Hank shows why he's such a great 2 way player. His defensive play on Crosby, along with the play he made on the Franzen goal was just another example of how valuable he is.

As hard as the kids were working, it was good to see them get a goal, especially that it was an important insurance goal too.

Ozzie played great again. Stoning Malkin on that 1 on 1 was the game changing point in my opinion.

The Penguins looked rather inept on the powerplay, even though they only had 2 chances.

Gotta love the faith Babcock had in the kids, they saw a lot of time in the last 10 mins of the game.

As for the typical Gonz whining about the Wings fan whining, when you hear the announcers pointing out that there were penalties that coulda/shoulda been called, I think that validates the chants.

Also, I've been to NHL games in Nashville and Atlanta, and I've heard similar chants about refs missing calls or making bad calls. I'd be willing to say that it happens in most arenas. Gonz just likes to point out the Wings cos he tries to get under our skin.
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• True that. Ducks never whine.
              AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Ducks never get a bad call. What do their fans have to whine about?

Comment

• Wings looked flat in the first. Passes were not crisp and they were out hustled.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Do not recognize the team in red tonight so far. They're not skating nearly as hard as yesterday. Fatigue? They played like they'd be happy to be scoreless at the end of the period. Stupid penalty by Kronwall. Like I said, Sid and Nancy live off the PP, and you can't just hand them those opportunities. Pittsburgh easily the better team in the first.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      Wings looked flat in the first. Passes were not crisp and they were out hustled.
                      Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                      Do not recognize the team in red tonight so far. They're not skating nearly as hard as yesterday. Fatigue? They played like they'd be happy to be scoreless at the end of the period. Stupid penalty by Kronwall. Like I said, Sid and Nancy live off the PP, and you can't just hand them those opportunities. Pittsburgh easily the better team in the first.
                      I missed the first half of the period, but I agree with this completely. The PP goal was directly a result of the lack of energy.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• They're showing some life in the 2nd.

Comment

• Wings roll 3-1
                          The only logical explanation is:
                          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• That Abdelkader goal was ridiculous.

Comment

• Game over. The real whiner here is Crosby. He's been handcuffed by the Wings defense, so now he begins his little crybaby jig. Get a life, rookie, you are being schooled by the master (Zeterberg),

Malkin is short becomming my most unfavorite player, just a tad behind Pronger. If I am on the ice I am looking for that fooker next game.
                              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• did Malkin get the instigator on that fight ??

(NEW for 2005-06) A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime, shall be assessed an instigator minor penalty, a major for fighting, a ten minute misconduct and an automatic one-game suspension. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. In addition, the player's coach shall be fined $10,000 -- a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

(NEW for 2005-06) (NOTE 1) No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension.
                                The only logical explanation is:
                                I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

Working...
                                X