No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhhhhh, tanks for da edgeamacation guys.

I concur that even if he does not suit up he deserves to have his name on the cup.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• PITTSBURGH -- A few of the pertinent numbers from Detroit's 2-1 victory over Pittsburgh in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final Saturday night.

0 - Points by Pittsburgh's Evgeni Malkin in the first four games of the series. Overall, he's had just two points in his last eight games after getting 17 in his first 10. His team-high five shots in Game 4 were one more than he managed in the first three games combined.

1 - Games lost by Pittsburgh in the playoffs when scoring first. The Penguins had been 11-0 when scoring the first goal during the postseason.

1:26 - Amount of time on Pittsburgh's two-man advantage in the third period. It was the first 5-on-3 power play in the series. The Penguins couldn't score.

2 - Seconds after Pascal Dupuis' penalty expired that Detroit's Nicklas Lidstrom scored the Red Wings' first goal. Officially, the Wings were 0-for-3 on the power play and are 2-for-22 in the series.

3 - Penalties drawn by Pittsburgh's Adam Hall, who generated half of the Penguins' six power plays despite getting only 10:28 of ice time.

5 - One-goal victories for Detroit in the playoffs. The Wings are 5-3 in one-goal games; Pittsburgh lost for the first time in four games that were decided by a single goal.

6 - Goals scored in the third period by the Red Wings in the first four games of the Stanley Cup Final, compared to just one for the Penguins. Pittsburgh had outscored its opponents 20-7 in the first three rounds of the playoffs.

7 - Hits credited to Detroit defenseman Brad Stuart, the most by any player on either side and 20 percent of the Wings' team total of 35, two more than Pittsburgh.

8 - Consecutive Game 4s lost at home by the Penguins. Pittsburgh's last Game 4 win at Mellon Arena came when the Penguins beat Philadelphia in 1997 to stave off elimination in a first-round series.

10 - Goals by Pittsburgh's Marian Hossa, who took the team lead when he scored a power-play goal in the first period.

11 - Power-play goals allowed by the Red Wings in this year's playoffs, including one each in Games 3 and 4 of the Final.

12 - Number of Pittsburgh players who blocked at least one shot. In all, the Penguins blocked 21 shot attempts by the Red Wings, with Ryan Whitney, Brooks Orpik and Sergei Gonchar blocking three apiece.

15 - Faceoffs won by Sidney Crosby, in 24 tries. His performance in the faceoff circle was a big reason the Penguins won 32 faceoffs to just 22 for the Red Wings, the first time they've topped 50 percent in this series.

17 - Pittsburgh's winning streak at Mellon Arena before Saturday's loss to the Red Wings. The Penguins hadn't lost at home since Feb. 24, when San Jose won 2-1 in a shootout. They hadn't lost in regulation since Boston's 2-1 win on Feb. 13.

18 - Times in 20 playoff games that the Red Wings have out-shot their opponents, including all four games of the Stanley Cup Final. They are 14-4 in those games.

19 - Marc-Andre Fleury's winning streak at home, which ended with Saturday night's 2-1 loss to Detroit. He hadn't lost since Nov. 21, when New Jersey won 2-1.

24 - Points in the playoffs by Crosby, the most of any player in this year's playoffs, after his assist on Marian Hossa's first-period goal. His 18 assists are also tops among all players.

28:23 - Ice time for Detroit defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom, the most of any player on either team and well above his playoff-leading average of 25:50. Sergei Gonchar led the Penguins for the fourth consecutive game with 26:16.

30 - Shots on goal by the Red Wings, the fewest they've had in this series. They reached the 30-shot mark for the 17th time in 20 playoff games this year.

46.2 - Faceoff winning percentage of Detroit's Kris Draper, who was 6-for-13. He came into the game leading all players in the playoffs with a 64.3 percentage on draws.

65 - Shots at goal by the Red Wings, who had 30 on goal, 21 blocked and 14 that missed the net. Pittsburgh had 23 shots on goal, but only 42 at Chris Osgood - 10 were blocked and nine missed the target.

Comment

• Interesting facts there,

I watched parts of the gane again like the 5-3 - things that you just might miss live. Zetterberg positively saved a goal there by darting back and lifting Crosbys stick, he had an wide open open net. Then a few seconds later Zetterberg dove to break up a play at the blue line.

I know I have said it before, the big screen flat LCD really enhances hockey so much more than any other sport, with the higher camera angle at Pittsburgh you could see more of the ice and really get a feel for the game (again almost like your in the arena).
        I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• Wings fan throws octopus, kicked out of Pittsburgh arena, sneaks back in

Comment

• That was a great article. I loved how he planned ahead with another ticket!!
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I can't believe Hudler. He's wracked up 14 points playing on the 4th line in 20 playoff games. That's amazing especially since all the NHL scouts said he was small, slow and couldnt play a lick of defense to save his life.

Ozzie has played incredible.

This team is unbelievable.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• and the girl in Rocky's picture can smoke anywhere and anytime she damn well pleases.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• hahahahahaha.. that's awesome!!!
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by L-kxng View Post
                      Interesting facts there,

I watched parts of the gane again like the 5-3 - things that you just might miss live. Zetterberg positively saved a goal there by darting back and lifting Crosbys stick, he had an wide open open net. Then a few seconds later Zetterberg dove to break up a play at the blue line.

I know I have said it before, the big screen flat LCD really enhances hockey so much more than any other sport, with the higher camera angle at Pittsburgh you could see more of the ice and really get a feel for the game (again almost like your in the arena).
                      I have flat screen Plazma and feel the same way.

Comment

• Three cheers for the youth of America!

I love it that determination beats out intimidation!

I can't wait to see Crosby cry on Monday.

Comment

• I love that Cosby (lol) was yelling at Z and Hank couldve cared less. Thats awesome
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Wings have a problem with Hank. They gave Datsuk a big contract last year. Hank is due for a big payday himself and his contract is up.

This is why I am thinking Cheli is done. He costs an awful lot for what he can now do on the ice. No showing in the Finals sticks any feathers you have gathered over the years, right up your butt.

He deserves respect but has to understand that if you can not be in it for the long haul, it is time to step aside. I can not think of anyone who would rather keep Cheli and tell Hank to take a walk.

Comment

• And props to the officials for not calling goalie interference on Tomas Holmstrom last night.

Comment

• Love that Schneider and Bertuzzi jumped ship to join the Mighty Ducks, but are now out golfing while the Wings put a stranglehold on the Cup.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X