No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now you can't tie up someone's stick? I guess you're just supposed to let them score.

David Staples of the Edmonton Journal wrote that the Red Wings are getting away with obstruction on many occasions.

He believes the Wings have become masters of the illegal legal defensive plays.

"Detroit ace Henrik Zetterberg laid the lumber on Sidney Crosby at the side of the net, tying up his stick far before Crosby ever got the puck, thus making it next to impossible for Crosby to score when Marian Hossa put a perfect pass right on his stick, with a wide-open net staring at Crosby. It was the kind of non-call the NHL is infamous for. Unlike any other major North American pro league, where a foul is a foul is a foul is a foul no matter what the score and what the import of the game or when it occurs in the game, ( He's never seen an NBA game) the NHL's definition of a penalty constantly shifts," Staples wrote.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Oh, boo-hoo!
      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• I do think the Wings get away with a certain amount of obstruction (they're very sneaky about it but I guess they are following the letter of the law) but I thought tying up someone's stick was legal.

Comment

• Chelios is making peanuts, Lilja is gone they can't keep him and Stuart but Chelios is only making a mil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
            I do think the Wings get away with a certain amount of obstruction (they're very sneaky about it but I guess they are following the letter of the law) but I thought tying up someone's stick was legal.
            It is. That's what makes this hack's crying so funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
              Love that Schneider and Bertuzzi jumped ship to join the Mighty Ducks, but are now out golfing while the Wings put a stranglehold on the Cup.

GREAT POINT!! I forgot about Schneider and Bert spurning us for greener pastures. Thanks for saving us money boys!!
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                Wings have a problem with Hank. They gave Datsuk a big contract last year. Hank is due for a big payday himself and his contract is up.

This is why I am thinking Cheli is done. He costs an awful lot for what he can now do on the ice. No showing in the Finals sticks any feathers you have gathered over the years, right up your butt.

He deserves respect but has to understand that if you can not be in it for the long haul, it is time to step aside. I can not think of anyone who would rather keep Cheli and tell Hank to take a walk.
                Cheli is one of the lowest paid vets on the team and he's hurt right now. There's no shame in that at all. He's had a great season, If he wants to come back you bring him back.

We did sign Dats to a contract but he took a paycut and is working for peanuts compared to what he couldve got on the open market. Holland was Johnny on the Spot on that one.

Assuming we win the Cup and Hank gets the Conn Smythe will really skyrocket his salary. He deserves a max contract but i'm hoping he sticks with the team and takes a modest paycut to stay in The D. Everyone else does.

The cap will be raised this year a few million. Departures of Dom and Lilja will help a little but we have to lock up Filppula, Z and Franzen to longterm deals and get Stuart to resign as well.

Holland won't have the luxury of his "wiggle" room this year. No deadline deals for us next season.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• and if Cheli is healthy i think Babs is messing up starting Lilja over him.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I'm not so sure. As much as I dislike Lilja, Chelios had trouble keeping up with other players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                      So now you can't tie up someone's stick? I guess you're just supposed to let them score.

David Staples of the Edmonton Journal wrote that the Red Wings are getting away with obstruction on many occasions.

He believes the Wings have become masters of the illegal legal defensive plays.

"Detroit ace Henrik Zetterberg laid the lumber on Sidney Crosby at the side of the net, tying up his stick far before Crosby ever got the puck, thus making it next to impossible for Crosby to score when Marian Hossa put a perfect pass right on his stick, with a wide-open net staring at Crosby. It was the kind of non-call the NHL is infamous for. Unlike any other major North American pro league, where a foul is a foul is a foul is a foul no matter what the score and what the import of the game or when it occurs in the game, ( He's never seen an NBA game) the NHL's definition of a penalty constantly shifts," Staples wrote.
                      Stick checks are not illegal. The only contact that is illegal on the stick is if you wack it up around the hands. Then you will get a slash. Other than that, you are allowed to tie up the other guys stick as long as you do not grab it.

Players are taught from the very beginning levels to lift a guys stick or hold it on the ice to prevent him from moving it at will.

I sounds as if this guy is a golf guy covering hockey.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        I'm not so sure. As much as I dislike Lilja, Chelios had trouble keeping up with other players.
                        He was also hurt. If he's healthy he needs to play.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I have to give Lilja a little credit. He played fairly well the last 2 games, but I still get nervous every time he is on the ice. I would rather have Chelios if he is healthy. What happened to Meech?

Comment

• Meech is in reserve. I thought he played well last year. Is there anyone who doesn't know that Lebda went to Notre Dame? They mention it every game.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• lol.. yeah they do don't they.. they usually follow it up with Chelly used to play at Wisconsin like it means anything
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Bertuzzi's sister told me last spring, that Todd, felt like the Wings didn't want him back. He chose Anaheim, because he and Randy Carlyle have known each other for years.
                                They grew up in the same neighborhood and were together quite a bit last Summer when Wrangler brought the Stanley Cup to Sudbury for several events.

As for Chelios, I am willing to wager he won't be back next year. But, that will be his own doing. He knows it's time to hang 'em up.

Comment

Working...
                                X