Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
    I said HAVING - i.e. relying on scoring 6 or 7 goals. Like the Lions having to score 40 to win.
    I knew what you meant, I was messing with you.
    ------------
    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

If the Red Wings have to score 4 or more every game - they aren't getting far in the playoffs. They didn't even average 3 a game during the season.
      Nobody said they have to score 4 or more every game. They only have to score 1 more than they give up. Fact is the game you are complaining about they scored 3 more than they gave up.

I will not disagree that the D has been unusually weak this year but, they have still managed to get the job done when they bear down.

Will they win the Cup?

Time will tell, last years team should have won the Cup but they didn't.

I am not one that believes that the only way a season is successful is if they win the Cup. Despite my disappointment from them not winning the Cup last year, I really enjoyed the entertainment they gave me during the regular season and the playoffs.
      Last edited by Malto Marko; April 18, 2010, 09:18 AM.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        Nobody said they have to score 4 or more every game. They only have to score 1 more than they give up. Fact is the game you are complaining about they scored 3 more than they gave up.

I will not disagree that the D has been unusually weak this year but, they have still managed to get the job done when they bear down.

Will they win the Cup?

Time will tell, last years team should have won the Cup but they didn't.

I am not one that believes that the only way a season is successful is if they win the Cup. Despite my disappointment from them not winning the Cup last year, I really enjoyed the entertainment they gave me during the regular season and the playoffs.
        Their first two games required them to score 4 or more - nobody has to say anything. 100% of their playoff games so far required that.

They need to tighten the shot group defensively.

Comment

Their first two games required them to score 4 or more - nobody has to say anything. 100% of their playoff games so far required that.

They need to tighten the shot group defensively.
          Don't disagree that the D needs to tighten up but, am not worried about getting past the first round, and deeper.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I always love watching this

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yXCjBO-2A4"]YouTube- Red Wings vs Avalanche[/nomedia]
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• WTF is wrong with this team? :39 seconds!!!
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They suck. Their goaltender sucks. Their defense sucks. They are playing slow. They are not ready to play. Their equipment manager is a moron and the coach should be fired.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Filpulla scores on a Power Play to tie it at 1-1.

Bryzgalev I think lost where the puck was when Stuart and Filpulla traded it off, and #51 fit that puck in a very small space. Good play on a good goal.

As for the quick goal for the Coyotes, I have been really disappointed by the play of the Wings top defensive pairing. Lidstrom could have ended that melee before it even began; instead he played passive and let the Yotes have the puck in the offensive zone. Maybe he thought someone on the wing was breaking in, but I personally didn't see it.

Comment

• Filppula was a disappointment in the regular season but man that kid has turned it up here early in the playoffs. He can just flat out play. Whoever coined him as a Zetterburg type was pretty on with that prediction (if he'd just shoot more).
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Hudler has been released from his Russian contract. If he comes back to the NHL, he must come to Detroit (or be traded).

Comment

• Bettuzzi needs some pine tar on that stick of his. Missed two picture perfect bombs in space.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Filppula was a disappointment in the regular season but man that kid has turned it up here early in the playoffs. He can just flat out play. Whoever coined him as a Zetterburg type was pretty on with that prediction (if he'd just shoot more).
                          Because he's not a Zetterberg type. Filppula tries to stick handle like Zetterberg, and it ends badly for him every single time. He's much more of a straight ahead attacker, using his speed to get to the net and take shots.

Comment

• I was referring more as a good 2way player.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Bettuzzi needs some pine tar on that stick of his. Missed two picture perfect bombs in space.
                              Neither of those were picture perfect. You'd like Bertuzzi to handle those plays, but it would have required some real nifty stickwork that I don't think you should expect from him at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                                Hudler has been released from his Russian contract. If he comes back to the NHL, he must come to Detroit (or be traded).
                                that's f'ing fantastic!!! Hudler is sorely missed!!
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X