No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure who's following the preC but young Mursak was hurt the other day and should be out til Christmas. Looks to have made Hollands job easier in signing Fabian Brunnstrom who's been absolutely lighting it up on the 4th line.

He's got really good size and could be an offensive demon if he gets paired with one of our top centers. Could this be yet another down right theft by the Wings?

I hope so
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• he Red Wings are likely to sign forward Fabian Brunnstrom, in camp on a tryout, by Monday.

"He looks good," general manager Ken Holland said. "He’s in front of the net, he’s big and strong, he’s competed hard.

"We talked about the parameters of a contract when he came on a tryout, so we sort of know what it’s going to take to get him signed. Right now I’d say we’re leaning towards offering him a contract. Let’s watch the weekend."

Holland said Brunnstrom was receptive to a two-way deal.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• A month in the minors learning the Red Wings way would help Fabian. He has all the talent to be a star.

Smith's suspension hurts. He was looking at a call up at the first D injury, but since he would have to sit the first 5 games that's out. They will need to figure a way to get him up to sit the 5 games when they don't need him.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN YOU IDIOT BETTMAN

If the Detroit Red Wings aren't in the Eastern Conference next season, there is going to be one angry owner.

Ever since the Atlanta Thrashers became the Winnipeg Jets and moved to Manitoba, realignment became an inevitability. And since the beginning of time (OK, the creation of the conferences), Detroit has wanted to be in the East. The long plane rides and late-night games that go past midnight back home aren't necessarily ideal.

Mike Ilitch, the Red Wings owner, has been incredibly vocal about his team's desire to move. Now he says he downright expects it because Gary Bettman promised him as much. In a Q&A with Bob Wojnowski of the Detroit News, Ilitch explained the conversation.

Q. OK, once and for all, are you gonna get the Wings out of the Western Conference or not?
          A. The commissioner (Gary Bettman) promised me I was next. We even had a meeting over lunch this past season, and he had all his people here, and he goes, 'Yeah, I promised Mike he'd be the next one to go in the Eastern Conference.' So I expect to be in next year. Jimmy D (Devellano) is on the phone every other week reminding them.
          (By the way, Ilitch also said they are working on a new arena to replace the Joe, saying "we're going to have a new arena.")

My guess is that might have been a case of Ilitch hearing what he wanted to hear. It's certainly possible that Bettman made such a promise to him, but I'm not ready to go all-in on that being correct. What's more, no matter if Bettman promises it, it still has to be approved by a 2/3 majority of the board of governors. Now whatever Bettman and crew say usually goes, but it's still not a guarantee.

Remember, there will be a lot of opposition to the Red Wings from the teams in the West. No team in the conference draws as well as Detroit on the road. When you start talking money, people get a little more serious, and defensive.

The more I think about Detroit joining the East, the more I begin to believe they might just tear up the current format of six divisions. There's no real way Detroit slides seamlessly into the East. Do they just replace Atlanta in the Southeast? Doesn't seem right. Maybe you move Pittsburgh to the Southeast, Detroit to the Atlantic? I can't imagine Pittsburgh would like being broken up with the Flyers, Rangers, Devils and Islanders one bit.

Instead, if Ilitch is under the right belief and the Wings are flying East, I think you'd see a scenario where they bring a team, likely the Columbus Blue Jackets, with them. You then have the destruction of six division, instead having four. The only thing is that leaves you with two divisions of eight and two with seven, but with a return to the balanced schedule, it helps things.
          I'd like them to start over. Eliminate the East - West and move to North - South. This would help even out the travel for all teams.

Comment

• Time zones make that a not so hot idea
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Yea plus how fucking stupid is it to have all the Canadian teams in the same conference and all the sun belt teams in the same conference?

Oh yea that'd be awesome playing in the South with Phx, Fla, Dal, Nsh, TB, Col, etc.

I think they'll just have Smith on the roster at the beginning of the year and have him sit out 5 games then send him down so when they do need him they won't have to wait 5 games for him to fill in.
              2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• About as fucking stupid as having eastern time zone teams in the Western conference.

Smith has already been sent down.

Comment

• There's little to no chance that Detroit goes East and leaves Chicago as the only Original Six team in the West. I can nigh guarantee you the Board of Governors will nix that idea in a heartbeat.

I'm sorry, Detroit, but no matter what Bettman might have told Illitch, the Red Wings are going to be in the Western Conference as long as there is a Western Conference.

Comment

• I'd really like to see us in the East. I hope he keeps his word.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Bettman's word means jack shit.

The Board of Governors have to approve such a move, and there's a snowball's chance in hell that happens.

Columbus is moving to the East; Detroit is staying in the West. I can pretty much promise you.

Comment

• The last time the Ducks started overseas, it wasn't pretty. Hoping for a good season out of ANA this year. No reason they shouldn't.
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I like being in the West, just give them some more games with the Habs and Leaves. Thats the only teams I care to see from the East.

Comment

• The NHL needs the biggest draw - Red Wings - to play that left coast

Comment

• I like the opportunity to see the Wings 3 times a year in Nashville as it currently stands.
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• where are you at in TN Frank? I have family in Hendersonville, Lebanon, Dickson, Memphis, 2 somewhere actually in the city as well as a bunch of them back up the road aways to the lakes and hollers
                                Last edited by Tony G; October 3, 2011, 07:01 PM.
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X