No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly, I have come to the conclusion today's Gary Bettmans NHL is nothing but a crap shoot, just get in the playoffs be healthy and most important ... be lucky. The President Cup winner Vancouver was knocked out of the playoffs in 5 games. High powered Pittsburgh could not get out of the first round, the Current Cup defenders Boston will play a game 7 to see if they can get pass the first round. Top seeded NY Rangers in the east are going to a game 7 also. Other than the Flyers-Pens series, no winning team has scored more than 4 goals in a game.

Oh yeah... The Detroit Red Wings who looked like a Cup favorite a few weeks ago was also knocked out in the first round 5 games.
    Last edited by WingsFan; April 24, 2012, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• Last note the Chicago /Phoenix series , every game went into OT. The Boston/Washington series every game has been won by one goal. Parity at its worst.

Comment

• A lot of that is just the nature of the game.

Come playoff time, teams tend to withdraw into shells, play relatively conservative gameplans, and boil the game down to a handful of breaks. That's been true for at least 15 years since I've started watching.

Comment

• There's not much Bettman can do. The defenses are much more sophisticated and the goalies are so much better nowadays.

Comment

• Is it parity if there was not a single lead change the entire series? We just weren't good enough to win plain and simple.

And if you don't think Lidstrom is worth 6 mil for another season, I don't know what sport you were watching this past year...he is still a top d-man in the league and wouldn't even have that high of a salary, I would much rather have Lidstrom than Brian Campbell or Bouwmester's terrible contracts.
            2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Wonder what it would cost us to get Nash.

Comment

• "The defenses are much more sophisticated and the goalies are so much better nowadays."
                -----------------------------------Make the goal bigger.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                  "The defenses are much more sophisticated and the goalies are so much better nowadays."
                  -----------------------------------Make the goal bigger.
                  I approve... I think other things have changed so why not adjust the goal accordingly. Another inch here or there could make just enough difference.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I forgot to note this the other night, I saw something I've never seen in the NHL. IN game 5 of the Caps/Rangers game, the Rangers had the goalie pulled in the last minute. Joel Ward of the Caps got a double minor for accidentally drawing blood on a high stick. The Rangers scored to send it into OT. Then the Rangers scored on the second power play in OT. I've never seen a double minor like that result in two PP goals. In fact I've never seen a straight 5 minute major result in two goals. I think Maybe I've seen two goals scored on a 5 minute major when there was another 2 minute penalty thrown in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      I forgot to note this the other night, I saw something I've never seen in the NHL. IN game 5 of the Caps/Rangers game, the Rangers had the goalie pulled in the last minute. Joel Ward of the Caps got a double minor for accidentally drawing blood on a high stick. The Rangers scored to send it into OT. Then the Rangers scored on the second power play in OT. I've never seen a double minor like that result in two PP goals. In fact I've never seen a straight 5 minute major result in two goals. I think Maybe I've seen two goals scored on a 5 minute major when there was another 2 minute penalty thrown in there.
                      I saw the Leafs score 4 goals during a 5 minute major, sometime last season.

Comment

• wow

Comment

• Bring Suter and Praise to D Town!!!
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Don't forget Semin is a FA as well if Parise costs too much...I would love to see Semin play with Datsyuk, probably not as much as Parise though.

And if we can get himi for ~1-2 mil I want them to sign Zonopka...that's what we need to round out the bottom 6, a big checking center who is good on draws.

Comment

• The wings have hired the guy who designed the very nice Dallas rink to come up with plans for a new 18,000 seat arena

According to Sports Business Journal, the Red Wings have hired HKS, co-designer of American Airlines Arena in Dallas.

Comment

• So they're going to a smaller arena but I'm sure one where the suites are more prominent and the regular fans get farther away
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X