No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hah, there is no way Detroit wouldn't sign Helm...Abdelkader on the other hand should get the fack out of here, I would much rather have Eaves take his spot when he comes back healthy in the fall.
    2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      huh? why the heck would we not offer him a contract or even a 2 way. Helm is a very solid young player?
      I am sure the Wings will offer him a contract, but it likely will not be as large as some other clubs will. For the first time he is a UFA and he will be looking to get the biggest contract he can. Wings are somewhat cap limited.

Originally posted by lions&tigers&wings...yea View Post
      Hah, there is no way Detroit wouldn't sign Helm...Abdelkader on the other hand should get the fack out of here, I would much rather have Eaves take his spot when he comes back healthy in the fall.
      Wings are looking for value now, they have their core set. They will be looking to add speed and grit to the roster and Helm has neither.

I am not sure what is up with Abdelkdader but he has both the speed and grit they are trying to aquire.

They also will have to address goaltending.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        They will be looking to add speed and grit to the roster and Helm has neither.
        Helm is fast as hell. Are you sure we're talking about the same player!!!

I do agree Helm could prob get more on the open market but I think he's stay put.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• When Helm went down, we were screwed. He is our top weapon on the penalty kill. Teams can't sneak their D in because when he gets the puck he is gone. The Wings better sign him to at least a 5 year deal.

Comment

• Lindstrom calling it quits...

Comment

• Presser tomorrow.

Comment

• Wow this team is about to get a lot younger in the next 2-3 years.

I wonder what our D will look like next year...they have already stated Stuart is signing in San Jose if they want him (Detroit second choice) and with Lids gone.

I'm willing to wager that Ken Holland will actually be able to sign both Parise and Suter just because of this perfect storm of events where the cap will go up and we already have tons of space.

Suter will not stay in Nashville and Parise will wait to see what kind of money the devils can afford for their captain but I just don't see their owner committing that much money to someone else on the team when if they had been knocked out anytime before the SCF the team would have lost money this year.

Anyways lets not dampen the day with what could have been's and enjoy and remember all of the fantastic memories Nick "The Perfect Human" Lidstrom has provided us with over the last ~21 years...not too shabby for a third round pick.

Comment

• I've been bracing for the Lidstrom retirement for a few years now but I still think it's going to hurt. Much like not seeing #19 skating around, it's going to be weird not seeing #5 standing at the blueline knocking down clearing attempts and taking slapshots.

I was just hoping this would happen well after my retirement. (I'm only 37 but still...)

Comment

• What a career for Lidstrom. Who wears the C now? Datsyuk, Zetterberg?
                    ------------
                    <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• All I have to say is

Thank you, Nick.
                      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Lidstrom leaves the NHL as one of the greatest defensemen to ever play the game. He's right there with the likes of Bobby Orr and Doug Harvey. That's quite a trinity to be a part of.

7 time Norris winner, 4 time Cup winner, Olympic Gold Medalist, Conn Smythe, the number of firsts he accomplished is fairly staggering as well (first European to win the Conn Smythe, first European captain of a Stanley Cup champion)... in five years, his advocate is going to stand up to give his argument for Lidstrom's Hall of Fame inclusion, and all this person will have to say is, "Niklas Lidstrom is eligible for the Hall of Fame. Thank you."

I mean, if I were to say that Niklas Lidstrom was the greatest non-North American player to ever play the game, how many counter arguments could you provide to contradict it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                          What a career for Lidstrom. Who wears the C now? Datsyuk, Zetterberg?
                          Zetterberg, refs have to actually be able to understand the captain...and I can only understand how much more audible Datsyuk's english is with a mouth guard in.

Comment

• I remember buying a pack of hockey cards all those years ago and getting a Lidstrom rookie card with his swede jersey on thinking "Who the hell is this guy? Sweden? Seriously? Can't we just find another Russian!"

I remember that moment like it was yesterday. What a career Nick had, he was such a perfect player. This will not be the same team without him.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Now for the kicker. Imagine if he'd been able to have Vladdy next to him for a full career.
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                                What a career for Lidstrom. Who wears the C now? Datsyuk, Zetterberg?
                                Originally posted by lions&tigers&wings...yea View Post
                                Zetterberg, refs have to actually be able to understand the captain...and I can only understand how much more audible Datsyuk's english is with a mouth guard in.
                                Yup.

Comment

Working...
                                X