No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But nobody has any kind of edge, you may pooh pooh the Kings, but thats the way the NHL is. Its a crapshoot.
    I agree with FL. Or should I say he agrees with me :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

coach Marc Crawford said Semin has ?no character'' and that he falls into the ?complete loser'' category. '
      .........now there is the pot calling the kettle black.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I have no idea about Semin, but I'm not concerned about Crawford character references.

Comment

• Reports: Doan visits with Flyers, Rangers

Free agent forward Shane Doan has visited with the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers over the past two days, according to multiple reports.

Philly.com says Doan's latest visit was with the Flyers on Saturday. The website said the sides have mutual interest, but the meeting was described as Doan "just checking his options."

Doan has expressed his interest in remaining with the Coyotes, for whom he has played his entire career, but the team could leave Phoenix pending resolution of its ownership situation.

"I've made no bones about the fact that I want to go back to Phoenix if the situation works out," Doan said Thursday.

The Flyers on Thursday announced they have signed Nashville Predators defenseman Shea Weber to an offer sheet reportedly for 14 years, $110 million.

Arizonasports.com reported Friday that Doan met with the New York Rangers. The 35-year-old forward was in New York City to take part in collective bargaining negotiations between the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players' Association.

The New York Daily News said it was Doan's first official visit of free agency.

Doan said Thursday he is accepting contract offers but not actively seeking them.

"I don't want to put anybody in a situation where they feel like if they impress me I'll come," he said. "Until I make my decision, I don't want to force anybody's hand."

Doan's agent, Terry Bross, told Buffalo television station WKBW that Doan has no other visits scheduled and is heading home to Kamloops, B.C.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I have to refresh myself on the labor contract negotiations of the last go around, but there was the widely held assumption that the owners cleaned the players clock. But in looking over the owners newest negotiated stance, it seems like the players got the last laugh. They said the players got 57 percent of the revenue last year and they are proposing 46 percent for the next contract. I remember in 2003-04 the oweners were trying to get the players to take something in the low 30's.

Comment

• Rick Nash traded to the Rangers
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I'm curious to learn exactly what the Red Wings had supposedly offered for Nash if for no reason but to compare and see if it really was a case of the Blue Jackets refusing to trade within the division.

Comment

• The only name I heard was Franzen, don't know what else was in the proposed deal.

Comment

• For the record, I have no doubt that the Blue Jackets weren't going to trade Nash in division unless the offer absolutely blew them away. I'm merely curious how much (if anything) the Jackets left on the table to do so.

Comment

• Agree chemi.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Nash reportedly would have vetoed a trade at the deadline to Detroit. I'm not sure if that was still valid.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          I'm curious to learn exactly what the Red Wings had supposedly offered for Nash if for no reason but to compare and see if it really was a case of the Blue Jackets refusing to trade within the division.
                          Don't think the Wings had a chance. Jackets were not trading with the Wings at the same level of other teams.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• We appear out of the running for Doan and Semin signs a 1 year del with Carolina. I really think we f'ed up not trying for Semin.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah and once we sign Abdelkader we have 16 forwards signed (not including Holmstrom obviously) and we only have 6 defense-men signed so there has to be at least a couple of moves made before training camp starts.

I wish we would pull a Philly and throw a massive front loaded offer sheet at Kulikov because the panthers are always operating on some internal cap and wouldn't be able to match (or would have to think very long and hard about it)...but Kenny has stated he doesn't believe in that type of thing so I guess that's unrealistic to hope for your GM to use the ridiculous amount of cap space he has cleared up on getting the franchise a young potential #1D.
                                2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

Working...
                                X