X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Wings may wait to retire Nicklas Lidstrom's No. 5

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
      It was rumored at the end of last season he would not return.

I wonder why he waited until now to announce it?
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        Red Wings may wait to retire Nicklas Lidstrom's No. 5

http://www.freep.com/article/2013010...xt|FRONTPAGE|p
        Well if the Wings can wait 6 months to retire the number of the greatest Red Wing of all-time then they can certainly wait a year to retire Lidstrom's number.

Comment

• I agree with the reasoning: if they're going to do it they might as well do it right.
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
            Well if the Wings can wait 6 months to retire the number of the greatest Red Wing of all-time then they can certainly wait a year to retire Lidstrom's number.
            It's been a lot longer than six months since Fedorov retired. :-D

Comment

• Who did they decide to give the captaincy to?

They rushed into a decision after Yzerman retired, no reason to wait any longer to name a new captain now.

Comment

• Nevermind. I see they are giving it to Zetterberg: http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/88...in-source-says

Good choice.

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    It's been a lot longer than six months since Fedorov retired. :-D
                    Lol. He was a great player for the Wings. I certainly wouldn't have a problem with the Wings retiring his number someday.

Comment

• I loved Fedorov as a with the Wings and I even liked him after he left but I don't think he should have his number retired in Detroit. I love that the Wings have such high standards for whose number they retire (unlike the Pistons for example) and Fedorov would certainly break that tradition

Comment

• Federov's number will only be retired after the Illitch family sells the Wings and a new owner decides it should be so.

Federov dissed Illitch with the way he left the team and he will never have his number retired by the Illitch family.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Thats a shame because without him they might not win any of the three cups, he carried that 2002 team. You put petty squabbles behind if you're a class organization. Fedorov's number should be retired period.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            Thats a shame because without him they might not win any of the three cups, he carried that 2002 team. You put petty squabbles behind if you're a class organization. Fedorov's number should be retired period.
                            Red Kelly should get his number retired and Larry Aurie should have his number officially re-retired before Federov hangs besides the others.
                            2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• ^^^ This
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by lions&tigers&wings...yea View Post
                                Red Kelly should get his number retired and Larry Aurie should have his number officially re-retired before Federov hangs besides the others.

Nope, there is no condition. Fedorove should have his number retired.

end

Comment

Working...
                                X