• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOO
    Lucked out. Kindl is back.

Comment

• Wings up 5-2. They look better tonight. I guess the line changes helped.

Comment

• Or it helps playing a team that threw all of it's money into two players...

Comment

• More like getting back our best bottom 6 forward and one of our D who knows the system helped out a ton.

Without Helm we would have got lit up in the 2nd due to all those powerplays we gave up.

The refs need to start letting guys go a little more....actually the players need to get into better game form so that they aren't clutching and grabbing so much out there.
          2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Lol tootoo is amazing
            AAL 2013: Joseph Fauria

Comment

• How the F did Kenny not lock this kid down in the offseason!!

1. D Justin Schultz, Edmonton Oilers
              Preseason rank: No. 1
              Schultz remains my front-runner to win the rookie award after taking the AHL by storm during the lockout. The college free-agent signee comes into the league with lots of hype and the 6-foot-2 offensive-minded blueliner is living up to the early billing. Through five games he has accumulated five points (two goals, three assists) in four games and is averaging more than 23 minutes a game. That is very impressive. We are going to see just how good this youngster is with this kind of playing time. A number of scouts have told me he is already is playing like an NHL veteran. No doubt his AHL introduction to professional sports has assisted in making the transition.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                How the F did Kenny not lock this kid down in the offseason!!

1. D Justin Schultz, Edmonton Oilers
                Preseason rank: No. 1
                Schultz remains my front-runner to win the rookie award after taking the AHL by storm during the lockout. The college free-agent signee comes into the league with lots of hype and the 6-foot-2 offensive-minded blueliner is living up to the early billing. Through five games he has accumulated five points (two goals, three assists) in four games and is averaging more than 23 minutes a game. That is very impressive. We are going to see just how good this youngster is with this kind of playing time. A number of scouts have told me he is already is playing like an NHL veteran. No doubt his AHL introduction to professional sports has assisted in making the transition.
                Cap restrictions?
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• He went after Schultz. I just think the kid wanted a guaranteed spot in the NHL.

Comment

• We tried, so did every other team in the NHL.

He had no desire to come here, there are cap restrictions on rookie salaries and every team offered him max contract and he just wanted to go to Edmonton.

It's like getting mad at Dumars for not signing Lebron James...you just can't get a guy that has his heart set on going somewhere.

On the bright side we have the inside track on Dekeyser from Western Mich and he will be able to step right in next year.
                    2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Jad lives in a world where Holland can pick anyone he wants and they'll come. Thats not suprising, a lot of Red Wing fans live under the illusion that being Red Wings GM comes with the added ability of dealing in the Dark Arts.

Comment

• Plus we aren't the prettiest girl at the dance anymore. Mr. I seems to be on the brink of going towards the light and the cupboard is now much emptier than it was 4 years ago
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Jad lives in a world where Holland can pick anyone he wants and they'll come. Thats not suprising, a lot of Red Wing fans live under the illusion that being Red Wings GM comes with the added ability of dealing in the Dark Arts.
                          It's called back in the day, Holland could point at any player he wanted and say, "Come play for us, with a proven stable of talent... and a half million more a year than your highest offer."

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            It's called back in the day, Holland could point at any player he wanted and say, "Come play for us, with a proven stable of talent... and a half million more a year than your highest offer."
                            Yeah before the cap and while the Red Wings were the only truly profitable team.
                            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              Thats not even true. Its not like the Wings were big time free agent players. Most of their players were homegrown or they traded their homgrown players for them. The one time they did do a free agent frenzy was 2002 and most of those guys came for cheaper.

The WIngs were always a high salary team because they kept their players and they accumulated good players but it was mainly due to trades and draft picks. Their free agent acquisitions were a little sketchy at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                                Yeah before the cap and while the Red Wings were the only truly profitable team.
                                Yeah thats false as well. Most of those teams were making money, the owners have no incentive to say that however. Its always more profitable to cry poor.

Comment

Working...
                                X