Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep its the media making this up.

Comment

• The team is becoming more Babcock's not less. Specially if Dats leaves for the KHL like it has been rumored (to go back home and finish his career). The only players with any real pull on the team would be Zet and the Mule. But all of them resigned including Dats and #5 well after Babcock got there. Why would they suddenly be turning against him. Nah this is Babs team till either he fails so badly for enough years for Holland to have to let him go, or he chases money and or cities to move to.
      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• I remember way back during the day when players were supposedly ready to mutiny against Bowman, and how no one liked playing for him, either.

Does the Detroit Media just recycle stories on a 15 year loop or something?

Comment

• Bowman was really good though. I don't understand this slavish devotion to Babcock. Is he doing a good job this year? A lot of players didn't like Scooter but they tolerated him and they had the talent.

Babcock is not on the level of Bowman. Its not like only the Detroit media is recycling the story. Coaches have shelf life, Babcock is a good coach, but why is he such a scared cow? Is it the hair? Good coaches get fired all the time.

Datsyuk is not going back to the KHL. Thats a Lidtrom like negotiating ploy. That is a recycled media story if there was one.

Comment

• Nah this is Babs team till either he fails so badly for enough years for Holland to have to let him go

Double what? Does that mean you think in your mind that the Wings will tolerate a few playoff misses before even considering letting Babcock go? This is madness.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Bowman was really good though. I don't understand this slavish devotion to Babcock. Is he doing a good job this year? A lot of players didn't like Scooter but they tolerated him and they had the talent.
              Seriously? Bowman had some SERIOUS talent on those teams chalk full of HoF talent. Babcock won a Cup with far less and was within a game of another.

Babcock is an amazing coach.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The talent of this team is one of a borderline playoff team. They have played to their talent. The fault for that, if there is fault to be vast, should be laid at the feet of Holland rather than Babcock. That said, Holland has done well within both the Salary cap era and the previous cap free era. It was inevitable that they eventually arrive at this plateau. The rest of the league caught up to the Wings in scouting and with it went their edge for getting the deep huggets out of the draft and replenishing the team. The other oft used tactic of getting the most out of aging veterans doesn't work without fresh legs to combine them with.
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Seriously? Bowman had some SERIOUS talent on those teams chalk full of HoF talent.
                  Even more so with the Habs
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    Seriously? Bowman had some SERIOUS talent on those teams chalk full of HoF talent. Babcock won a Cup with far less and was within a game of another.

Babcock is an amazing coach.
                    What is so amazing about Babcock? Again, I don't understand this slavish devotion to the guy. What does he do that is so good that you think he's a scared cow?

pANDs

Babcock had some serious talent when his team won a cup.

Comment

• He's had some good results with the team. Does that merit the term slavish? I may be reading this wrong but once you've won for Mike Illitch he usually gives you some credit for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Babcock had some serious talent when his team won a cup.
                        Lids was his all world defensemen but there were major question marks that Dats and Z were good enough to carry a team.

Babcock deserves a lot of credit for that.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• When Jad says he's an "amazing coach" and best in the league. When Topweasel says he needs to fail a few years in a row before he gets fred, thay is slavish devotion.

I understand what your saying TonyG but at the same time its been 5 years since they won the cup. Anytime Babcock's job security comes up, there are people like Jad who quickly about how he's the best coach in the league. Based on what? Tell me what I'm missing. He's a good coach, but what does he bring to the table going forward?

Comment

• No, that 2008 team was stacked. Babcock does deserve credit for that team, but that doesn't mean he deserves a lifetime appointment. What's he done this year, what's his plan going forward.

pANDs

Any question marks on Datsyuk and Zetterberg were misguided and I said so at the time. But again that was awhile ago now.

Comment

• BTW, Bowman is .666 in SCFs

Comment

• I understand what your saying TonyG but at the same time its been 5 years since they won the cup. Anytime Babcock's job security comes up, there are people like Jad who quickly about how he's the best coach in the league. Based on what? Tell me what I'm missing. He's a good coach, but what does he bring to the table going forward?
                                It's been 4 years since they went to the SCF. (and it sucked to be in Pittsburgh when they lost that game 7) I will say that since that time Holland has let the talent level drop off sharply, that is not of Babcock's doing. Now if Babcock can't communicate with the team, that's another issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X