No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yzerman was on his last leg. All he had to do was stick it out a few more years and the C was his. This is the team that helped him defect when it wasnt so easy to do so. The Wings treated him like gold and he repays us by leaving for a team that just swept us in the playoffs to play for less money even if he didnt fit in the mold of that team

Feds was loved here.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Now I just drive by his house when i'm back in the States with a handfull of Mac n Cheese ready spring into action..
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• You can disagree with my position but I suspect my knowledge about the skills needed to play the game and the development and execution of those skills would qualify my opinion to be a little higher than that of a moron.

When all else fails start hurling insults.

Comment

• No, he's right. It's a little higher than that of a moron.
          I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            You can disagree with my position but I suspect my knowledge about the skills needed to play the game and the development and execution of those skills would qualify my opinion to be a little higher than that of a moron.

When all else fails start hurling insults.
            Chemi wrote:
            "He left because he was tired of being the media's whipping boy, sick of having the disdain of 70% of the fan base for absolutely no logical reason, and stuck for the remainder of his career being Steve Yzerman's wingman. And that would have NEVER gone away, even after Yzerman's retirement. He needed to move on, for his sanity and so that hopefully, morons like you would appreciate how good they really had it."

Chemi is the one who called Mark a moron. Mark was merely responding to being called a moron.
            Last edited by Rocky Bleier; June 13, 2008, 11:03 AM.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Ok I re-read Chemiclord's post. I revoke that last post and re-apply it to chemiclord.

Comment

• Bad news for Gigurre:

The NHL and the NHL Players' Association got together in Toronto on Wednesday to examine the size and configuration of goalie equipment. The biggest news coming out the meeting was that changes are coming.
                There will be subtle modifications done for next season, like eliminating some of the 'extra padding' that helps goaltenders stop pucks as opposed to protecting them.
                "Goaltender equipment really only needs to be large enough to provide safety and protection for the goalie," stated Player's Association executive director Paul Kelly.
                A universal measurement system will be developed so goalies will wear equipment that will properly fit them as opposed to wearing bulky gear. The measurement system is at least a year away from happening, but it's designed for the process of 'shaping' goaltenders as opposed to making them look more square like we've seen in recent years.
                The idea to have a group examine the goalie equipment issue came about at the GM's meetings in Naples, Fla., in February, where there was unanimous consent to do something about the equipment size.
                If the group decides changes to the rules governing goaltender equipment are warranted, and will not jeopardize the safety of the goalies, their recommendations will be forwarded to the NHL's competition committee for consideration.
                "The players have been really good about this," Carolina Hurricanes' president and general manager Jim Rutherford told TSN. "They understand the issue. Of course the goalies are paid to give up as few goals as possible to do their job and they represented themselves properly with the understanding of what is best for the overall game."
                Today's meeting included league commissioner Gary Bettman, deputy commissioner Bill Daly, and current NHL 'goalie equipment police' Kay Whitmore representing the National Hockey League, general managers Rutherford and Doug Risebrough, along with Steve Yzerman from the Red Wings.
                Along with NHLPA head Kelly, Player's Association ombudsman Eric Lindros and Northeast Divisional Representative Rob Zaumner were also on hand.
                Current players Martin Brodeur, Rick DiPietro, Ryan Miller, Dany Heatley and Mike Cammalleri of the LA Kings were also involved in today's meeting.
                "We wanted to be fair and even handed," Kelly said. "We wanted all the goaltenders to be playing on a level playing field, and on that principle I think we made some real progress."
                Last edited by Rocky Bleier; June 13, 2008, 11:14 AM.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Ok I re-read Chemiclord's post. I revoke that last post and re-apply it to chemiclord.
                  Same here. I feel so ashamed.
                  I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• LOL Rocky I thought the same thing when I read that earlier!!
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Marko is letting personal feelings of being jilted unfairly cloud his opinion, and it's led him to make accusations about Fedorov that simply aren't true. I'd call that being a moron.

Yes, the Red Wings gave him an opportunity. He won a Hart Trophy, Two Selke Trophies, numerous All-Star Games, and THREE championships with the team that gave him the opportunity. I feel by that point he had repaid his "debt" to the Red Wings.

He wanted to go somewhere where he wouldn't be under Yzerman's shadow for the entirety of his career. He was tired of being a near second class citizen in the eyes of the fan base and media. I don't blame him one bit for saying, "fuck it." He was disparaged and judged unfairly almost every year by people who either 1) Hated him because he wasn't Stevie Y. or 2) Had ridiculously high expectations that he simply was not good enough to attain.

He was never going to be the best ever. He wasn't THAT good. He was never going to be "the man" in Detroit, even after Yzerman retired. He was never going to get the accolades and appreciation he deserved, often for completely irrational reasons.

I do not hold him one bit at fault for thinking he deserved better, and looking for that better opportunity.
                      Last edited by chemiclord; June 13, 2008, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        Marko is letting personal feelings of being jilted unfairly cloud his opinion, and it's led him to make accusations about Fedorov that simply aren't true. I'd call that being a moron.

Yes, the Red Wings gave him an opportunity. He won a Hart Trophy, Two Selke Trophies, numerous All-Star Games, and THREE championships with the team that gave him the opportunity. I feel by that point he had repaid his "debt" to the Red Wings.

He wanted to go somewhere where he wouldn't be under Yzerman's shadow for the entirety of his career. He was tired of being a near second class citizen in the eyes of the fan base and media. I don't blame him one bit for saying, "fuck it." He was disparaged and judged unfairly almost every year by people who either 1) Hated him because he wasn't Stevie Y. or 2) Had ridiculously high expectations that he simply was not good enough to attain.

He was never going to be the best ever. He wasn't THAT good. He was never going to be "the man" in Detroit, even after Yzerman retired. He was never going to get the accolades and appreciation he deserved, often for completely irrational reasons.

I do not hold him one bit at fault for thinking he deserved better, and looking for that better opportunity.
                        Well then, using the same logic, Lidstrom should have bolted because he too is a premier player but the spotlight can't shine on him as long as the Captain is around.

Hmmmmmmm. Lidstrom has won how many league given awards? He too threatened to go back to his homeland and for good reason. He wanted to raise his family there. Instead, he remained with the Wings because he is a hockey player and he has been treated well. He also is a player that does not take a night off.

You can call my judgement clouded. I will not disagree. As I get older the clouds seem to get lower and the memory fuzzier. I still feel however, a hockey player that refuses to play because they have a sore throat reminds me of the football players that are questionable starts because of an injured pinky. Am I exaggerating? Not really, I usually laugh out loud when I read a football player is sidelined due to an injury to their little finger (I do acknowledge however, the injury list in football is somewhat suspect and they do not always want the world to know what the problem really is).

I continue to disagree with you that he was not good enough to be the best ever in a Wings uni. With the tenure of time spent with the likes of Howe and Yzerman, there is no reason in the world he would not have been capable of shattering every offensive record on the Wings and some in the NHL.

BTW, how did looking for a better opportunity work out for him? Did he find success with the teams he signed on with? Did he realize there has to be a supporting cast when you are the best guy on the ice? Did he realize that if you are the only threat, other teams can shut you down like a fruit cellar in a tornado? How many awards has he earned since he left the Wings?

Is he the reason for the Wings success or are the Wings the reason for his success?
                        Last edited by Malto Marko; June 13, 2008, 06:35 PM.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Lidstrom was never going back to Sweden to raise his family. Negotiating tactic.

Comment

• For the record, I do agree he made the wrong choice. Obviously he had a good thing in Detroit and he thought he could do better... and was dead wrong. Probably why he's reportedly been querying about returning.

But what I am saying is I understand WHY he wanted out, and don't particularly fault him for it.

Comment

• Did anyone see Lidstrom getting his Norris? I guess all the players getting their hardware had a kid wearing the persons jersey. The kid that went up with ol Nick had a Wings jersey that said Lindstrom.

What a bunch of morons.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Well, its been a few day now time to reflect. Gary Bettman had his boys bias calls backfire all playoffs long with the Red Wings.

Tomas Holmstoms two ridiculous 'in the crease' calls were a pathetic display of injust by the NHL. Shorthanded goals vs Dallas and Colorado were killers and no goals for Pittsburgh - who just happened (?) to have two 5 on 3 powerplays and didn't score on either one backfired badly also. This leaving a devastated Bettman a hapless victim who clearly was a beaten sicken in nausea, little man - having to hand the superior team in quality and character the Stanley Cup for the 4th time in 11 years.

LOL ! What Sweet justice!!
                                I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

Working...
                                X