No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. I was just gonna pop in here and mention that Bowman might be the most successful non-player in sports of all time.

The Blackhawks sucked shit for years, including the 2007-08 season when they missed the playoffs. They hire Bowman in August of 2008 as a consultant, and they go to the finals that year, win the whole thing the next year, and win the president's trophy this year.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Chemi, Wings are in the playoffs and they are not playing the Hawks in the first round.

Score 1 for the Wings, 0 for Chemis predictions.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• And Jim Nill will have to fix that team that he just shut out. It will be interesting what current and former Wings presence Dallas will have next year.

Comment

• Not the first time. The Lites were shooters with that team before
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Bring on (Gonz sucks) the DUCKS! :-D:-D:-D

Only 14 goals given up by the Wing in the last 11 games

Comment

• Way to go Wings!
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Sad to see Nill go, Holland should have retired with Lids...there goes the core of our drafting ability.
                2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                  Chemi, Wings are in the playoffs and they are not playing the Hawks in the first round.

Not sure when I said the Wings weren't going to make the playoffs. I believe my statement was that missing it or going in as a fish for a higher seed made little difference to me.

But hey, go for it.

As for the rest, I give them a puncher's chance against Anaheim. The Wings have played the Ducks very well. Not sure they'll win the series, but I doubt it's going to be a sweep.

Comment

• Glad to see Nill get an opportunity. I wonder if Jiri Fischer has the inside track at Nill's former job.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I believe my statement was that missing it or going in as a fish for a higher seed made little difference to me.

But hey, go for it.

Let me refresh your memory then...

Ooooh yeah... let's extend that streak one more year and get swept by the Blackhawks!

That'll validate standing pat for sure!

Wrong! You already had the Red Wings play Chicago 'if' we get in. Fail

Correct Malto :-)

Comment

• I also mentioned Chicago OR Anaheim in later posts.

But the claim wasn't that I had pigeonholed them into the 8-seed (I mean, I'll cop to that as that was who I was expecting they would play)... but that I had claimed they weren't going to make the playoffs at all, which I don't recall making... but in some down funk I might have at some point.

Comment

• We match up much better against Anaheim than Chicago.

I think this will be an awesome 6-7 game series with the wings puck possession vs. the counter-attack ability of the ducks. This should prove to be a great wrap up on the great handful of playoff series that Anaheim and Detroit have shared before Detroit moves east next season.

Go Wings!
                          2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• I like their chances a lot more than Chicago as well.

This is a series they COULD win... WILL they... we shall see.

Either way, I'm sure we'll hear a lot from Gonz about it; well, unless the Ducks lose, then I'm sure he'll have some unforeseen "camping trip" for a month or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                              Not the first time. The Lites were shooters with that team before
                              Correct.

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              Let me refresh your memory then...

Wrong! You already had the Red Wings play Chicago 'if' we get in. Fail

Correct Malto :-)
                              ;-)

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              I also mentioned Chicago OR Anaheim in later posts.

But the claim wasn't that I had pigeonholed them into the 8-seed (I mean, I'll cop to that as that was who I was expecting they would play)... but that I had claimed they weren't going to make the playoffs at all, which I don't recall making... but in some down funk I might have at some point.
                              I also told you I would remind you every step of the way if 1) They made the playoffs 2) Did not get bounced in the first round 3) Each step of advancement to the finals.

.......... after reminding you an 8th seed won the cup last year, you admitted that if the Wings did the same, you would have a lot of crow to eat.......and happily do so.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Stephen A. Smith's Dismissive Attitude Toward Hockey Gets People To Like Hockey

NEW YORK—ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith recently made several dismissive remarks about ice hockey this week, causing Americans across the country to flock to the sport in droves, sources confirmed Sunday. “Up until about a week ago, I never cared about hockey one way or the other, but ever since I saw Stephen A. Smith criticize the game, I’ve been a huge fan,” said local man Paul Bradford, echoing the sentiment of millions of Americans, who since the polemical sportscaster derided hockey have fanatically followed every wrinkle of the newly popular sport. “He said he doesn’t like it when a hockey game is low-scoring. Well, I love when that happens. Because I love hockey. It’s my favorite sport.” Bradford added that, in a further show of solidarity against any and all of Smith’s viewpoints, he and the rest of the nation would continue not watching the NBA.
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X