• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANA is too deep 4 DET this year.

TEEMU rolls on the 3rd line these days.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I expect that the Wings wll play better next game.

Comment

• I'm still here Gonz. I just don't get on much anymore. Should be a good series with the Ducks.
        All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• The Wings just don't seem to have it anymore.....Other than Pavel, their stars seem to show up rarely anymore...Playoff hockey is anybody's game but I doubt the Wings get past the Ducks.

Comment

• I'm with Ghandi. Wings will lose this series. 4-2 or 4-1. Hope I'm wrong.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• The next game will determine the series.

If you read Ghandi's post you woud think they have a lot of stars that just aren't showing up. Outside of Datsyuk and Zetterberg, they don't really have stars. THis is probably the weakest WIngs playoff team since the streak of playoff appearances started. Reall you have to go back to the Demers days. But they do have some young guys getting their first action in the playoffs.

Comment

• We miss having worthwhile PF's. The mule is nonexistent.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Agreed Loops.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Fuck ... this wasn't much better than the first game of the year. Too pissed off to post last night (still am I guess). When Dan Cleary is your best player your probably not going to win.

Didn't take Howard long to get in playoff shape, giving up that one soft goal. Howard has to make that save on Selanne! Terrible - soft -sharp - angled - short -side -goal.

Kindl was fucking garbage last night, he made me wanting Kyle Quincey in there, he was that fucking bad! How can Babcock keep playing him all night, even the on last shift of the game? Can't count how many unforced giveaways in our end and Ericsson wasn't any better fumbling around like it was HIS first playoff game, Smith was constantly out of position. It's not that hard to clear the puck, let Ian White play next game. Anaheim showed me nothing.

Brunner is soft, so is Filppula (see ya) Mule back to floating around doing nothing, Abdelkader is another head scratcher on the first line - known for his hustle (other than that hes good for nothing).

Hank and Dats didn't have good game either, not sure the reason probably a reflection of their teammates. Niklas Kronwall was steady as usual Wings #1 star ~~

Comment

• Seriously, playing great hockey last ten games or so to get in the playoffs, only to shit the bed when in - Whats the point? chemi may be right argggg!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        Seriously, playing great hockey last ten games or so to get in the playoffs, only to shit the bed when in - Whats the point? chemi may be right argggg!
                        MIGHT be right? About what?

That this team is in a slow decline to irrelevance unless something changes fast? Squeaking into the playoffs as the freakin' 7-seed didn't make that any less right.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
                          Why is it that year after year goaltending is always a problem for the Wings in the playoffs? We seem to always get stopped by a hot goaltender.

BTW, if it was me that complained about the late start, I would've been ripped apart and told to adjust my schedule. I didn't watch much either, I did wake up in the middle of the night and check the score and see a tiny bit of the game. It was 1-1 to at that point. I did fall asleep again and then woke up again after the game to find out who won.
                          Hiller was tough last night for sure. It was a tightly played and entertaining game. The goal the Wings got they were lucky to get, to be honest.

As for the late game thing, nobody is going to argue that a 10:30pm start is very late, people only give you shit because you think games that start at 8pm is too late.
                          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                            Hiller was tough last night for sure. It was a tightly played and entertaining game. The goal the Wings got they were lucky to get, to be honest.

As for the late game thing, nobody is going to argue that a 10:30pm start is very late, people only give you shit because you think games that start at 8pm is too late.
                            Exactly on the bold. That pin ball goal against HILLER was not his fault, so he played great but his D played even better in front of him, allowing only something like 21 SOG.

That's a good nights work for ANA. BUT, DET easily could have had 3 "real" goals had HILLER not stoned em.

It will be a short series as ANA rolls 4 (lines) deep, while DET will need to routinely double shift their few playmakers.

PandS

That SELANNE game winning goal had nothing to do with HOWARD. It was however ALL about the greatness of SELANNE. Not many players can put the puck exactly where he wanted it to go.
                            Last edited by Panoptes; May 1, 2013, 11:08 PM.
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Selanne is a good player but, not the only sniper in the NHL. Wings have a couple too.

If Howard would have been hugging the pipe like he should be when the play is on that side, that goal doesn't happen.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• now we know why Hossa signed with the Hawks

[ame]http://youtu.be/q6BvNrdKfKY[/ame]
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X