No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's asking alot for the Wings to beat both the #1 and #2 teams in the Western Conference. They surprised me by beating Anaheim, I'd be surprised again if they did it to Chicago. This Chicago team is very, very good. The Wings have not beaten them all season. They've come close, but weren't able to finish the job. If the Wings do get a lead in the games, they certainly can't have one of those third period collapses.

Comment

• That certainly can happen if they play each game like it is an elimination game.

The abbreviated season finds the vets with still a lot of push in their legs and the younger guy have not yet been burned out.

Getting good play from the Captian, Dats and Mule is a must. Throw in a few unexpected goals from Brunner, Abdelkater and Cleary and you will be spot on.

They played Chicago pretty close except for one game and a bounce here or there can determine a game.

Howard has been playing well and he lost a couple during the regular season to the Hawks in a shoot out. That can not happen in the Playoffs and I think the Wings are deep enough to give good showings in OT games. Even if it is double OT or triple OT.

If the Hawks take a night off because they think they are better, they will end up loosing the series. If the Wings play inconsistent like they have most of the year, they will loose the series.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I'd feel a little better about this series if DeKeyser was able to play. He was a very stabilizing presence to the defense... and Chicago is a team that annihilates opponents when they make blue line miscues.

But I do think, especially for the young guys, that they need to take one of those first two games... if for any reason than to prove to themselves that they CAN beat the Blackhawks (Chicago's won the last seven or eight meetings, if I recall correctly).

Comment

• I agree about DeKeyser but, I don't think there is any lack of confidence from the young guns. Two of the last wins came in a shootout. They can play them tight, just have to minimize the mistakes because the Hawks are deep enough to be able to pounce from any where at any time.

Comment

• As I said before, the rumors of Datsyuk going back to Russia were unfounded just like the ones they used to spout about Lids. At least according to Babcock:

2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Very good to hear! Thanks for that :-)

Comment

• Biggest advantage the Red Wings have in this series is that they are playing with house money. They weren't supposed to make it this far. If they can get off to a quick start tonight and steal a game then anything can happen.
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Wasn't Lidstrom the one claiming he was considering going back to Sweden? I thought it was just leverage.

Comment

• Howard having a great game... especially since the Wings are looking pretty much wholly outclassed so far.

This is not going to be a long series if this is how the games are going to play out. Howard has been outstanding, and it's not enough. Chicago is too good.
                    Last edited by chemiclord; May 15, 2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Filppula and Dats combine for a whopping 0 shots in Game 1.. That needs to change in a hurry
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It's taken me several days to get down off the ledge and I don't have much more to add than what ANA GM said:

Disgruntled Murray vows Ducks will have new look next season ...

"They schooled us from top to bottom," Ducks GM Bob Murray said of the playoff loss to the Red Wings. "That's something we have to deal with going forward."

Congrats DET fans for beating what I thought was the best ANA roster they ever put on the ice.

Gone fishing!
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• ......speaking of schooling.

Wings sure got schooled last night.

They might be able to hang for two periods but Chicago continues to shift into another gear when it comes to the third.

Detroit will have to do the same to prevent the Hawks from beating them in 5........or, heaven forbid, swept.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                            Wasn't Lidstrom the one claiming he was considering going back to Sweden? I thought it was just leverage.
                            Yes, Lidstrom did that every time his contract was expiring.

Comment

• Well that was his only other option. I never heard a single negative word from either side in any of his contract negotiations. That's rare today.
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                It's taken me several days to get down off the ledge and I don't have much more to add than what ANA GM said:

Disgruntled Murray vows Ducks will have new look next season ...

"They schooled us from top to bottom," Ducks GM Bob Murray said of the playoff loss to the Red Wings. "That's something we have to deal with going forward."

Congrats DET fans for beating what I thought was the best ANA roster they ever put on the ice.

Gone fishing!
                                Thanks Panoptes. I was shocked that the Wings pulled it out.

Unfortunately, the Wings didn't look to good last night. If they keep playing like that they'll be knocked out soon too.

Comment

Working...
                                X