Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    I'll take it, but I'm not sure what he thought he saw
    Much like what happened with the PS in Game 6, it was the technically right call (you've got two players effectively wrestling in the neutral zone), but in that situation, you'd think a ref would just swallow the whistle.

Comment

• Doesn't matter, Chicago wins in OT.

Some really poor neutral zone play does 'em in. They have to quit falling asleep defensively if they are going to contend. It's that simple. It burned 'em bad in these last two games.
      Last edited by chemiclord; May 29, 2013, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Collapse complete.

They were way out of their league anyway. They didn't belong on the same ice with Chicago. LA would have swept them.
        Last edited by Kstat; May 29, 2013, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• that was fun...... too bad it didn't work out.

I look forward to the next Wings season a lot more than the next Lions season
          The only logical explanation is:
          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
            that was fun...... too bad it didn't work out.

I look forward to the next Wings season a lot more than the next Lions season
            I can agree with this.

They've definitely demonstrated they have the supporting cast to be a contender for the next couple of years... but beyond that... I dunno, man.

Comment

• A lot of the young guys just need some defensive seasoning. And they need to get an impact player or two.

Comment

• Are the Wings at a point where they may need to part with a highly paid veteran or two?

Comment

• I thought Chicago got screwed in regulation. And I think it goes back to that stupid mentality by refs to not award a power play so they call a penalty on both players when the Chicago player really didn't do anything other than get roughed up. By trying so hard not to give a team an advantage, they gave the other team a huge break which is what they were trying to avoid.

Comment

• As I understand it, the Wngs have a lot of cap space so they should be fine in acquiring players through free agency so long as they avoid the Minnesota type contracts...

Comment

• The wings will have money to spend. They had money to spend last year. Nobody good wants to play for them.

Comment

• Players go where there's money and a chance to win and after their performance in these playoffs, my guess is some players will want to come here.

Comment

• yeah, nobody wants to play for them, thats the ticket

Comment

• I am pretty excited about the future. The defense is young and promising. Dekeyser, Ericcson, Smith, and Kindl all show promise and Kronwall is very good. Bruner, Nystrom, and Andersson all stepped up. Howard is looking like a bargain. You throw in Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Filpula, Helm, and a couple of free agents, there's no reason they shouldn't be back in the thick of things next season.

Comment

• One of the things you have to be careful on is assuming too much based on last year's free agency period. There was an upcoming CBA negotiations. They probably overshot on Suter and Parise and maybe dodged a bullet. This contracts look very heavy considering how the cap goes down. Those guys wanted to play together in Minnesota. Its not like the Wings went after many others after Ster and Parise went to Minnesota. They kept their money.

So I guess I don't understand the "nobody wants to play there" claim. AT least there isn't enough evidence to support that.

Comment

• Well it was a fun run. I'm proud of them for making it as far as they did. I never expected them to go that far. The Wings lost to a much better team.

I think the Wings could use another goal scorer. I wasn't too impressed with our forwards. Howard was impressive and the defensive wasn't too bad. Our forwards just couldn't seem to get anything going.

Comment

Working...
                                X