No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't worry, I think Mike Keenan has had enough time now to destroy the team enough where they won't make the playoffs next year. By the way what a great day to pick the Wings and Blackawks outside at Wrigley field? Just the biggest college football day of the year! DVR
    I am the lizard king - I can do anything

Comment

• Reading these columnists in other NHL cities bitching about the Hossa signing is kind of weird. We got a cap so the Wings couldn't hoard all the second-tier stars like they always did; now we're getting guys who just want to play for a winner and are willing to sacrifice money to do it, and these writers act like there's something wrong with that.
      I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Jealousy.

"He saw the squad he thought could do it was truly outgunned and decided to join the big guns rather than try to silence them."
        ---------------------Can't beat em join em.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Bettman is as dumb as a doorknob if he thinks that holding an annual outdoor game in the rust belt on new year day is an alternative to those who are not going to a bowl game. Yes, the novilty of it was successful last year and by putting the Wings in it this year he increases the chances of another success but, soon he will run out of matchups and venues and the game will become nothing more than another reason for sports columinists to show how inferior the NHL is to the spectator sports. If he was smart, the game should be held annually on the weekend after the Superbowl. Weather would still be cold enough and there would be little competition for coverage other than BB.

BTW, I guess that means the annual New Years Eve game at the Joe is no longer, eh? I don't know this to be a fact but to hold a New Years Eve game then an afternoon New Years Day game would be a little too much for the players.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "By the way what a great day to pick the Wings and Blackawks outside at Wrigley field? Just the biggest college football day of the year! DVR"

"BTW, I guess that means the annual New Years Eve game at the Joe is no longer, eh?"
            -------------------------Didn't even think about those things. What a dumbass Bettman is.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• The dude thinks locales like Phoenix and Tampa Bay are viable hockey venues. Dumbassedness should be rather obvious at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                The dude thinks locales like Phoenix and Tampa Bay are viable hockey venues. Dumbassedness should be rather obvious at this point.
                Actually I don't think Bettman can be blamed for awarding franchises there but, given the amount of "snowbirds" and retired rust belters I could understand why the league would think the game could survive those venues.

Start with a strong dose of fans that miss the game and have them introduce it to lifelong locals and you might get a good fan base. Hell, they were successful in making fans out of SoCal residents that have never even tried to play the game.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The Wings wanted to play in the game and they knew it would be on New Years day. I've heard a lot of complaining about having it on New Years day, but it got big ratings last year. If it was on a Saturday at the end of January, I probably wouldn't bother even watching the game. But New Years day you have a captive audience.

If you ever want to bigger ratings on TV, you absolutely have to have sun belt teams. It seems like the same people who desperately want the NHL to be broadcast by ESPN also want to contract or send teams back to Canada. Thats the ticket, decrease the teams and put teams into markets that ESPN can't get to. I'm sure they'll be salivating to get the league back then.

The thing is, these expansion teams are surviving. The haven't folded. The leagues biggest problem is the inability to screen out con men.

Comment

• I have no problem with the game on Jan 1st. As for the comment on it being against 'The biggest day of college football in the year', what a crock of shit that is. Maybe 10 years ago, yeah, but who gives a shit about all the shitball bowl games they play up until the start of the Rose Bowl at about 5pm? Maybe the Capital One Bowl if Michigan's in it, but other than that, who really cares? I'm pretty sure they aren't playing this game after 5pm.

I'd much rather watch any NHL game than the Poulan Weedeater Bowl.
                    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Hawks Wings Outdoors.. I love it.

Not exactly the greatest day for sceduling but I look forward to it.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
                        Reading these columnists in other NHL cities bitching about the Hossa signing is kind of weird. We got a cap so the Wings couldn't hoard all the second-tier stars like they always did; now we're getting guys who just want to play for a winner and are willing to sacrifice money to do it, and these writers act like there's something wrong with that.
                        No shit. I can't believe he's getting ripped like he is. He's putting a lot on the line to be a Wing. He looks like a perfect fit. I hope Holland finds a way to keep Z, Franzen and Hossa. Thats a deadly group of forwards
                        Last edited by jaadam4; July 8, 2008, 08:45 AM.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Ty Conklin signing was huge too. Holland is a superstarrrrrrr!!!

Conklin finished 18-8 last season and was unbeatable for a long stretch when Fluery was hurt/sucking hard. This signing gives us either a really strong backup to Ozzie or someone to really push Howard.

I was hoping that Howard was gonna get the nod as the backup but its hard to argue with Conklin.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Conklin had a 9 game winning streak with GAA of somewhere around 1.55

Getting him at 750k is a decent price too.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The only problem I have with the New Years Day game, is that it takes away the New Years Eve tradition.

Comment

• yeah that does suck
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X