No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelios is a weird case though. His Cups came from Montreal and Detroit. He spent the most years in Detroit. His departure from Chicago was a little weird, but he's a Chicago guy. Its almost like he's a 1/3 of each team.

Comment

• Wow!

Of those enshrined, I saw 30 of them play.

Bernie Ferderko?

Didn't impress me as a wing but, then again, it was the final year of his career.

His +/- stats were too often on the - side.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        Wow!

Of those enshrined, I saw 30 of them play.
        I've seen 15, so I guess that means you're twice as old as me. :-)
        "We'll know for the first time if we're evil or divine. We're the last in line." - Ronnie James Dio

Comment

• Actually the Hockey Hall Of Fame does have every player listed by team on their website. Thing is, it lists ALL of a player's teams. So the Detroit Vipers are listed as having a member (Gordie Howe) as is Detroit Compuware (Lafontaine).
          That may be true, but they seem to still represent a team. I have clicked on them and they all are in a uniform, for example.

Dino - Dallas

Luc - L A

Coffee - Edmonton

Seems both are going in as representing Red Wings

Comment

• Chelios is a weird case though. His Cups came from Montreal and Detroit. He spent the most years in Detroit. His departure from Chicago was a little weird, but he's a Chicago guy. Its almost like he's a 1/3 of each team.
            Yes he has plenty of roots there. I would say at this point with 3 restaurants in the Detroit area and that he still is part of the Red Wings organisation as 'The Executive Advisor to Ken Holland' trumps any other team. He also played here longer and won 2 Cups here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              That may be true, but they seem to still represent a team. I have clicked on them and they all are in a uniform, for example.

Dino - Dallas

Luc - L A

Coffee - Edmonton

Seems both are going in as representing Red Wings
              Are you shitting me?

Cicerelli as a Star?

I heading over to his bar and cuss him out!

Comment

• That surprises me as well.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• 9 years as a North Star, 4 as a Wing
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                    9 years as a North Star, 4 as a Wing
                    .....but his Fame came from being a Wing, not a Star.

Comment

• Absolutely Mark.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• actually he was very well established as a sniper in MN and in DC before us. 4 of his top 5 career points years were with the Northstars.

He was also famous in DC for being one of the 4 players accused of raping and sodomizing a 17 year old girl in the back of a limo. http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/a...lose-situation
                        Last edited by Tony G; July 10, 2013, 06:08 PM.
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• But he won Cups with the Wings. That's where his fame came from. Winning the Cups.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Dino Ciccarelli (born February 8, 1960) is a Canadian former professional hockey player who played 19 seasons in the National Hockey League, primarily with the Minnesota North Stars. He scored 1,200 points in his NHL career. His 608 career NHL goals are also the most goals scored by a draft-eligible player who was not drafted by an NHL team. Ciccarelli was elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2010.

In his HHoF bio the Minnesota part is nine lines, the wing paragraph has 3. He certainly became more popular here when he got here but he was a well estblished star before. He was also famous for being arrested for assault for his stickwork on the Leaf's Luke Richardson
                            [ame]http://youtu.be/Hodb0LUALjI[/ame]
                            Last edited by Tony G; July 10, 2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• But he won Cups with the Wings. That's where his fame came from. Winning the Cups.
                              He didn't win any Cups. Bowman didn't like him and booted his ass

Comment

• Presented without comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X