No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleary could be a valuable situational player 1. If he stays healthy and 2. for the right price.

His inability to stay healthy should drive his price down.

.......but I concur. I would rather have Brunner.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• It sounds like Cleary wants to stay with the Wings and the offer to the Flyers was not lock solid. Either way neither the Flyers nor the Wings can sign him right now. The Wings are over the cap and have too many forwards as it is. The Flyers can sign him once they are able to put Pronger on the IR once the season starts.

Comment

• Cleary signed to a one year contract.

Comment

• with us?
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Yup.

Comment

• hmmmb http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...wings-thursday
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• 1.75 million. The Wings have 3 weeks to get under the cap. They are 2.2 million over.

Comment

• I thought Cleary is alleged to have signed for less than 1.75M

Edited to add: My reading comprehension is terrible these days. I always expected my liver to give out first, not my brain.

Comment

• They are carrying 17 forwards and want to get to 14

Comment

• Daniel Cleary really wanted to be a Red Wing. 1-year deal with Detroit Red Wings: 'I just followed my heart'

Glad to have back for 1 year only, he brings more to the team than Emmerton and Tootoo.

Comment

• I'd still rather have Brunner's upside than Cleary any day of the week
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Brunner demanded top 6 minutes to sign, so signing him would have to move someone off the top 2 lines.

Z-Dats-Abs

Mule-Weiss-Alfie

Signing Cleary at this point doesn't connect any dots to Brunner at all, Cleary is fine being a mucker 4th liner. Moving to the Eastern Conference gonna need some corner and in front of the net guys who battle. I have a ton of respect for any player who takes that big of pay cut (and on a short deal) to stay in Detroit.

Say what you will about the roster and cap situation, but Cleary is a one loyal Wing.

Comment

• CLeary was pretty good in the playoffs last season. Jad has banished this from his memory. Cleary doesn't register because A. He's not a big name and B. Not a young shiny prospect he always yearns to see.

Comment

• lol.. I could care less about the big name. Yes he was decent in the playoffs but the past 2 years it's been like he's skating with cement blocks on your feet. You can only have so many aging players.
                              Last edited by jaadam4; September 12, 2013, 09:46 PM.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah but the Wings really don't have many, thats an old bit. Even with Cleary, they have far fewer old vets than they've had in the last 20 years. I liked Brunner, but he had demands that the Wings couldn't meet. Plus in the playoffs grinders like Cleary provide more, what is Brunner's ceiling in the playoffs. Brunner thought of himself too highly and had unrealistic expectations. Cleary also had unrealistic expectations but figured out the lanscape of the NHL has changed and took a cap.

1.75 million is not much.

Comment

Working...
                                X