No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had free tix to LA v ANA, center ice, club level tonight.

Pre-c hockey sux btw.

Was a nice way to get the season kicked off.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
      Yeah he needs to bring in some thugs and promote fighting with hockey between rounds for entertainment.
      I was thinking more like lingerie hockey.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      WTF. How is Franzen already hurt? They played half a season last year and he's had off the whole summer. Can we trade him yet?
      Who would want his over rated contract?

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      Yea and its the same damn thing (hip flexor) chit! And Helm couldn't even make it to the first preseason game (groin pull).
      Helm too? Chit Damn Fuck! This guy is done.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Brunner finally signed with New Jersey, 2 yrs 2.5 mil per year...pretty good deal for both parties, with Kovalchuk gone NJ needed a new top-6 winger badly and Brunner should get plenty of ice-time.
        2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Crap. I hope that one doesn't come to bite us in the ass.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• How is that going to bite us in the ass? He left the Wings, ultimately to play for NJ for less money.

Comment

• LOL! Seriously?

M Samuelsson (age 36) Salary 3,000,000.00
              Jordin Tootoo Salary 1,900,000.00
              Colaiacovo Salary 2,800,000.00

None of these players should have been signed, let alone to multi year deals. They bring nothing to the table. Nothing. Brunner on the other hand is 27 years old and while still getting his feet wet in the NHL scored 12 G's in 44 games and was our leading goal scorer in the playoffs.

I say again. I hope this one doesn't come back to bite us in the ass because Holland made poor cap decisions last year on assholes that shouldn't be in the Winged Wheel.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He's in our conference now too. (that's still weird to say)
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• None of these players should have been signed, let alone to multi year deals.

True, but it has nothing to do with Brunner.

Brunner split on the Red Wings.

Your acting like the Red Wings traded him or cut him, or told him they don't want him, or only would offer him less money than other teams. He thought he could do better elsewhere, well guess what? He couldn't - Holland offered him a fair deal (as good as anyone) and he turned the Red Wings down - Fuck him!
                  Last edited by WingsFan; September 26, 2013, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• They found a way to keep Cleary..

I'm just sayin
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Because Cleary WANTED to come back, and actually WILLINGLY took a smaller deal to stay.

Brunner took a lesser deal TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. It's clear he didn't want to be in Detroit anymore. Nothing Holland could have done was going to change that.

Comment

• Not after he overpaid for asshole FA's last year!!!! That's the point I was getting at.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Not after he overpaid for asshole FA's last year!!!! That's the point I was getting at.
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                            Not after he overpaid for asshole FA's last year!!!! That's the point I was getting at.
                            There is nothing in the other contracts that limited Brunner's ability to stay with the Wings. They offered him a good contract, on worth more then he got from anyone else. He thought he could do better, he didn't.
                            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              Because Cleary WANTED to come back, and actually WILLINGLY took a smaller deal to stay.

Brunner took a lesser deal TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. It's clear he didn't want to be in Detroit anymore. Nothing Holland could have done was going to change that.
                              That's not quite true.

Holland offered brunner a deal before he became FA and brunner (his agent most likely) decided it would be best to figure out his market value and weigh the options then decide. So he did that, then Holland signed Alfie and Weiss and said they weren't interested in brunner anymore. Brunner never once said or acted in a manner that told detroit to fuck off.
                              2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by lions&tigers&wings...yea View Post
                                That's not quite true.

Holland offered brunner a deal before he became FA and brunner (his agent most likely) decided it would be best to figure out his market value and weigh the options then decide. So he did that, then Holland signed Alfie and Weiss and said they weren't interested in brunner anymore. Brunner never once said or acted in a manner that told detroit to fuck off.
                                No but it proves that he and or his manager/agent had no real idea of his worth on the open market. Also it should a severe lack of understanding of what the Wings are and understanding of what the Wings were trying to do. It's not a Ferderov type situation, but he did make it impossible for the Wings to resign him.
                                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

Working...
                                X