No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hossa was always a one year deal. Everyone knew that at the time, during the finals there was talk that it was possible that he could sign an extension but it was pure wishful thinking. They had a spare 6 million for the 2009 season that they weren't going to have in the subsequent seasons. Unless he was willing to take a lower deal, it wasn't happening.

The Wings need a Kane or Toews, thats what they need. Worrying about retaining Bowman or getting him back forgets the main point. And generally you get these guys by bottomong out.

pANDs

His input on resigning Toews and Kane consisted of saying, "Yes, I agree with the idea that we need to keep them."

Comment

• ...and I am saying you are wrong because he had input on resigning Kane and Towes.
      and which goalie to keep
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Another nice win last night with one of the youngsters in Sheahan netting the game winner. Ericssson is almost back with Franzen and Weiss right around the corner themselves. The wings are going to have to make some tough calls soon and I'm hoping that entails kicking Cleary and Sammy to the curb instead of sending youth back down.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          pANDs

His input on resigning Toews and Kane consisted of saying, "Yes, I agree with the idea that we need to keep them."
          .......and if he would have said No. They would not have.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• You don't know that. You keep on missing the point, they have those guys, thats where the successful is coming from. Its always the players.

Comment

• We all know your point, we're not missing it. And who do you think makes the decision about what players the team gets or keeps?
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                You don't know that. You keep on missing the point, they have those guys, thats where the successful is coming from. Its always the players.
                So basically it's all about 2 star players? Come on man, that's one of the great things about hockey opposed to the NBA. You have to assemble the right TEAM of hockey players and get a lot of luck. Bowman is a master at putting people where they should be in the chess match of hockey. Just having him to bounce ideas off of is huge.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                  We all know your point, we're not missing it. And who do you think makes the decision about what players the team gets or keeps?
                  Yup.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  So basically it's all about 2 star players? Come on man, that's one of the great things about hockey opposed to the NBA. You have to assemble the right TEAM of hockey players and get a lot of luck. Bowman is a master at putting people where they should be in the chess match of hockey. Just having him to bounce ideas off of is huge.
                  Yup, and the third and fourth lines are huge in factoring success in the NHL. The salary cap now makes those players a problem.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• FINALLY!!! Please send Cleary next!!

Detroit — The Red Wings on Saturday waived Mikael Samuelsson. He has until noon Sunday to clear, which he probably will.

Once Samuelsson clears waivers he will be assigned to Grand Rapids.

Waiving Samuelsson creates a roster spot which will be vital in the coming days with a surplus of available bodies.

Meanwhile, the list of injured Red Wings players is getting shorter by the day —but two of the most prominent ones remain.

Johan Franzen, who has been dealing with concussion issues, feels good enough to possibly today Sunday against Florida. Pavel Datsyuk, though, remains frustrated by a lower body injury that isn’t getting noticeably better.

The two skated during Saturday’s practice and came away with different expectations.

Franzen was hurt Dec. 15 and hasn’t been in the lineup since.

But after three days of no concussion symptoms, Franzen is anxious to get back into the lineup.

“I haven’t had any issues, so hopefully I’ll wake up tomorrow and it’s the same way,” Franzen said. “I hope to play.”

Franzen skated on a line with Darren Helm and Daniel Alfredsson during practice.

The fact he’s missed 16 games because of the concussion baffles Franzen, who didn’t think this would be a long-term problem.

“I thought it would be a five-day kind of thing,” Franzen said. “It wasn’t much of a hit, and usually it takes that long before you get rid of the headaches and everything’s working properly.

“But it just hung in there, and it wouldn’t go away. I’ll cross my fingers and hopefully it’ll stay away.”

Coach Mike Babcock will decide with the training staff Sunday whether Franzen will play.

“He said he’s feeling good,” Babcock said. “We’ll decide tomorrow who is available.”

As for Datsyuk, the mood wasn’t quite as upbeat.

Datsyuk last played in the Winter Classic Jan. 1. Datsyuk has missed the last nine games despite practicing regularly, though not being able to play at the level he’s comfortable at.

When he’ll be able to return remains hazy.

“Not playing tomorrow,” Datsyuk said. “I’m hoping (next week), yeah.”

Like Franzen, Datsyuk didn’t think he’d be missing so much time out of the lineup.

“I thought I would miss one game,” Datsyuk said. “But I haven’t been able to start playing. It’s surprising. I didn’t think it would be so serious.”

What complicates the matter for Datsyuk further is the fact he is the captain for the Russian national team for the rapidly approaching Winter Olympics.

The tournament is something Datsyuk has eagerly waited for. He insists he will not miss the Olympics.

But they’re now a little more than two weeks away.

“It would help if I play a few games before the Olympics, come back and (help) conditioning-wise and speedwise,” Datsyuk said. “I just have two weeks and we’re doing everything to help.”

Babcock doesn’t know when Datsyuk will be available.

“I don’t know what’s going on,” Babcock said.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2rRlXJzy2
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I also think Bowman's influence in Chicago was overrated. They were on the rise when he hooked up there. I think his most impressive performance was coaching the Wings to the Cup. Pittsburgh and Montreal had won before he got there but Detroit hadn't been close in a long time when he got here.

I also don't know how much influence he had on Holland. My guess is Jimmy D was more responsible for Holland than Bowman.

Comment

• His influence in Chicago can be measured by that team still being a top tier team. Detroit has tumbled to being on the edge of not making the playoffs since Bowman left. Some of that is due to questionable rosters and free agent misses.

Comment

• I think that has more to do with Holland now being scared of acquiring and drafting players from Russia (because the Cold War and political defections wasn't a barrier, but by God is a lack of an agreement with the KHL this impassible roadblock ), as well as the departure of Nill more than anything Bowman related.

Comment

• They weren't going to go on forever as one of the top teams in the NHL in the salary cap era. You could say they've been a top team for 15-17 years. Bowman happened to leave during the downslide.

I think the slide is more a result of #5 getting older and retiring than Bowman leaving the organization.

Comment

• What the fuck is up with us losing tin FL!!!!!

Sheahan, Jurco, and Tatar are awesome together. When this team gets healthy i damn sure hope they stick around. That's a nice line.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Rangers Fan Just Pees On Concourse In Front Of God And Everyone [NSFW]

12Expand
                                At yesterday's Yankee Stadium game, the night was cold, the beer flowing, and the bathroom lines long. One fan simply could not wait.
                                The unidentified man, wearing a Ryan Callahan jersey with the attendant captain's "C," had an audience for his concourse urination. So many questions, though. Why wouldn't he turn around and use that perfectly good corner? Why would the lady in the Rangers pajama bottoms stand so close to the splash zone? Does that look on his face indicate mere empty intoxication, or a too-late recognition that this was an awful idea?
                                This is the saddest photo ever taken.

Comment

Working...
                                X