Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ANA just traded away DUSTIN PENNER (13G, 32Points) to the CAPS for a 4th round pick.

Foooook

It makes no sense. ANA was so much better w/ him in the lineup. It makes no sense from the outside looking in.
    Damn man.. I've been wanting Penner on the Wings squad for the last several years. That would have been a great friggin trade for us but since Holland has been giving out stupid ass contracts we prob couldn't have afforded him.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wings acquired Legwand.. They gave up Eaves a draft pick and a decent swede prospect.

Eaves and the draft pick shouldve been about right after seeing what small price was paid for Vanek. We had to make a move for a center but it seems a little steep for a 33 year old FA to be.

I do like Legwand tho. He's nothing flashy but could be helpful getting us to the playoffs.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I have always liked Legwand. He is a local boy who played for Compuware and the Vipers. He always made things happen. I have not seen him in a while though, and agree he might be a bit long in the tooth.

He is a great two way player and has great hands. I am guessing he will give the Wings the extra stability they need at C while Zet and Dats are dinged.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "Eaves and the draft pick shouldve been about right after seeing what small price was paid for Vanek. We had to make a move for a center but it seems a little steep for a 33 year old FA to be."
          -----------------------------------------Agreed. I would have rather they stayed put. They ain't doing shit this year anyway.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            I hope that is not the ONLY reason because ANA did not need to dump salary for the sake of dumping salary (especially while he was just in his (DUSTIN PENNER) 1st year back with the team as a FA signing). The chemistry he had with his line mates (that all came up and won 1 cup together) was impeccable (edit in: even though his chemistry with the coach wasn't tall that)

I hear ANA (like several other teams) is after a NY Islander player (Thomas Vanek (sp?)).

Better be a damn good reason to break up the team chemistry of the NHL's top team to date.
            So what does ANA do in their first game back w/o DP? They shit the bed against the CANS at home.

Chemistry was clearly missing.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• The Mule is on fire!! When that dude gets in a groove he's one of the best scoring in bunches. I hope he can keep it up

Legwand also had a goal and a few assists. The youngins are just playing damn good hockey as well. This is a really important transition year and they've been damn good stepping up.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• " The youngins are just playing damn good hockey as well."
                ----------------------------------Yep they are. Bodes well for next year and years to come.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                  " The youngins are just playing damn good hockey as well."
                  ----------------------------------Yep they are. Bodes well for next year and years to come.
                  Guess that just says that just because we don't know the names of the players on the Griffs, that does not mean they are a question mark when they get called up.

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Hockey
                      Missing OHL player Terry Trafford found dead in Michigan

By Brian Stubits | Hockey writer

March 11, 2014 8:22 pm ET

More NHL: Trades | Scores | Standings | League Leaders | Odds | Power Rankings
                      The story about missing OHL player Terry Trafford has ended in the worst possible way; the forward for the Saginaw Spirit was found dead on Tuesday.
                      Trafford was last seen on Monday, March 3 when he was disciplined by the Spirit for a violation of team rules. Nobody knew where he was and soon the search began for Trafford. Police in Michigan released information about the car that Trafford was believed to be driving, asking people to look out for it.
                      On Tuesday a truck matching the description was found in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart in Saginaw with a deceased male inside. Later it was confirmed to be the body of Trafford. The Spirit made the awful announcement on Tuesday night.
                      It is with very heavy hearts that we announce that late this afternoon we were informed by the Michigan State Police that the body of Terry Trafford has been found.
                      Our deepest condolences are with Terry's family and his friends both in Ontario and Michigan. Terry played on our team and was a member of the Spirit family for the last four years and he will be missed.
                      What an awful end to this story, that everybody's worst fears were confirmed.
                      The 20-year-old Trafford had a history of depression according to his girlfriend. She explained to the Toronto Sun that he didn't take the punishment from the Spirit well.
                      She said he was upset during a March 1 phone call in which Trafford threatened to kill himself.
                      "He left [March 2] from Toronto, across the border and hung out with a couple guys on the team to say goodbye," she said. The next morning it was "his plan was to go pick up all his things from the rink and then to come to my house. That's the last everyone has heard from him."
                      Trafford joined the Spirit in 2010 and the Toronto native was playing in his final season as a junior player. He had eight goals and 24 assists in 54 games this season with the Spirit.
                      (Image via Saginaw Spirit/OHL)
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Heck of a fight but watch the end

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Z4qd7m1BY&feature=player_embedded"]Combat hockey LNAH Joel Theriault VS Gaby Roch (08-03-2014) - YouTube[/ame]
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That's great.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• they definitely traded some shots

Comment

• That is pure hockey.

They were pissed at each other. They settled it with mutual respect.

You can bet what ever that was about, it will not happen again when they are both present.

That, is why there is fighting in hockey (besides the fact that the fighting is what attracted those who did not appreciate the skating and puck handling skills needed to play the game).

Comment

• not to be disagreeable (who, me?) but I seriously doubt they were pissed at each other. This looks more like two enforcers that knew they were going to go just because they were there.

Comment

Working...
                                X