Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    They got to add more players and hope the experience helps. You can get rid of Cleary, Franzen, and Berths but it makes the team even smaller. They looked incredibly small versus the B's
    Size matters little when it's broken down and barely functional. All three of those players were less than worthless for much the season. I'm all for having a bit of size, but not at the expense of better players.

Comment

• I want KH to go after Ryan Johansen of the Blue Jackets. He's a RFA but offer him a big contract that is front loaded and even if they match it..... it will still be beneficial to the Red Wings in that it'll hurt CBJ's salary cap a bit more. And if they don't match, then he's a player I would gladly give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for. He's 21 years old, 6'3 220 and is only in his first year.... but put up 33 goals and 30 assists in 82 games. He's a big body and would be great for the Red Wings. Then trade Franzen away and pick up a 2nd and 3rd for him. Then all we really gave up is Franzen and a 1st for Johansen. We have the salary cap space too.

Comment

• I don't think any team that has any common sense would take on Franzens contract with the way he has been playing.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
          I don't think any team that has any common sense would take on Franzens contract with the way he has been playing.

I don't know about that. He's frustrating as all hell....BUT
          His cap hit is under 4mil and he does put up points throughout the season. Granted it comes in clusters.... but still. He did get 41 points in 54 games this year. That's very good. He's just easy to hate because he disappears for long stretches. But he can also be the "Mule" of a team at times too.
          Someone would happily take him from us. I bet a playoff team that would like to add a piece or two this off season would gladly give up a late 2nd and 3rd for him. His cap hit is so low.... but yes.... it is for another 6 years.

But if Franzen trade is your biggest issue with the Johansen idea... then I'll chalk it up to a decent idea.

Comment

• The wings have one last compliance buy-out to use and they will be using it on Franzen the minute the season is over.

There is no trade value in an aging player with a ~4.5 million dollar salary going until 2020 that can't even bring himself to play well now while he is still close to his prime years. Let Sammy walk, let Bert walk, re-sign Alfie and Legwand to reasonable deals. Give Tats/Dekeyser their raises and go hard after the top D-men in the free agent class. I would prefer Andrei Markov all things considered but I'll take anyone who will push the competition level at D and take over a top 2-4 spot.
            2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Well again, I bet they could get something for Franzen.
              Either way..... I wouldn't be surprised if they use the compliance buyout on him like you said. I think this is the last year they can use that too...

I also agree Sammy, Bertuzzi, and Cleary are all good as gone.
              Alfie will sign for another year, and I'm not big on Legwand but as long as his cap hit is 3mil or less I'm good with him sticking around. But I think he can get more than that elsewhere.

There isn't much on the FA market for defenseman this year. Markov is a good choice of those available. I think Niskanen might be too... but he might be a RFA. Not sure and to lazy to look it up right now.

Regardless, I think the only way this team is going to be able to make a big improvement would be through trades as the FA's aren't great at all. Either that or just keep building within and letting the kids tryout and play. Almquist looks good for an offensive defenseman..... even though we need some good defensive defensman. Lashoff and Kindl are not working out at all. Time to let someone else come up and give it a go.

Red Wings will resign Quincey too. He's not bad as long as they lower his salary a little. He's not worth the amount he's getting paid.
              Last edited by Habib21; April 27, 2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Drew....Taking your advice...we are checking in for six weeks beginning November 1st....Then home for Christmas. That will give us time to get acquainted with the area and make arrangements for a place for three months beginning in January.
                Oops! Page not found. Get some sweet southern sunshine and check out some of our guest's favorite beach destinations to get you back on track.

Comment

• Well, had to post this up here too for Gonz

What a game out west! Crazy !! Another goal (wth) scored with the goalie pulled. L. A. Kings this time with .07 in the game, then they win in OT. The Ducks have to be kicking themselves after this one.

Getzlaf got caught cherry picking (and coasting much like the Mule) in OT, try some back checking, not a soft 2 handed cross check in the back next time!

Comment

• Excuse me, that was seven seconds to play in the game (not seven tenths of a second.)

Alec Martinez's shot block on Corey Perry in overtime (with Jonathan Quick out of the net) was sensational! The fact that it came against one of the league's best goal scorers makes it all the more impressive.

Comment

• Damn it, PLEASE don't remind me about how Franzen spent most of this season playing at half speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        Damn it, PLEASE don't remind me about how Franzen spent most of this season playing at half speed.
                        His concussion problem dictates he has to go.

Sorry, but he will not be able to contribute for the compensation he is getting.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I hate to say it but for what we're paying him yearly.... he's worth the money

FA is a joke in the NHL these days. It's nonexistent
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Weiss should be the contract everyone should be bagging on.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              I hate to say it but for what we're paying him yearly.... he's worth the money
                              Not until 2020, he ain't.

The Wings HAVE to shed that contract, and I believe this offseason will be their last chance to do so.

Comment

• I just posted I was at game 3 seen him up close, he clearly is not the player he used to be before his concussion problem. Probably stay with the Wings I bet, such a small salary cap hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X