No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I posted this in the Michigan forum the other day, (there is a couple hockey nuts like me down there) thought this was worth a double post for Marko.

RIP Probie and Shawn Burr who is also in this video.

Highlights - Probie with the Hanson brothers of the movie Slapshot - Probert vs tough guy Kevin McClelland of the Edmontonton Oilers.

At 14.15 - I'll never forget Stevie Y's scream after getting cross checked into the boards by New York's Michel Petit. I watched this game when it happened, Probie - Not my Caption Pal! (Mickey Redmond lol!)
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wesXipKv1C0"]Bob Probert # 24 Detroit Red Wings - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Kings beat Blackhawks @ L. A. Very entertaining game 4-3. Hawks scored with the Goalie pulled but still lost. Chicago had the lead twice and blew it.

Kings vs Rangers it can still happen!

Comment

• Probert's brother was a gym teacher in northern Michigan. I grew up with his niece and nephew. Never had much interaction with Bob himself, but knew his brothers family pretty well. Was quite the enforcer to have watching Yzerman's back. Could use someone like him on our team again.

I'm looking forward to see who's moved where in the league before the draft. Should be a lot of trades happening... not sure if the Wings will be a part of that though. But I think if Barbashev falls to 15 we'll take him. Guy is a great two way player with incredible vision. Some of his passes setting up teammates are amazing. He plays hard on both ends of the ice and isn't afraid to go hard to the net or against the walls. Has a really nice scoring touch too..... he reminds me a lot of Zetterberg.. Really good at puck possession, great vision, and plays hard both ways. Isn't as good of a scorer, but is as good if not better with his passes.

Unfortunately I don't think he'll fall to 15. I bet Nill takes him before us.
        Last edited by Habib21; May 26, 2014, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Habib21 View Post

Unfortunately I don't think he'll fall to 15. I bet Nill takes him before us.
          You can bank that bet.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Probert's brother was a gym teacher in northern Michigan. I grew up with his niece and nephew. Never had much interaction with Bob himself, but knew his brothers family pretty well. Was quite the enforcer to have watching Yzerman's back. Could use someone like him on our team again.
            Interesting fun fact there Habib21

L A up 2-0 already, lol Drew Doughty is on top on his game making things happen. The talent in the West is far superior to the East. Rangers or Habs will probably get sweep by the winner of this series.

Comment

• How good is Anze Kopitar, what a play - dude is a monster. This is sad these teams are light years better than the current Red Wings :-(

Comment

• DUSTIN BROWN! From the good old USA 3-0 Kings!

Comment

• Come playoff time, the Kings are something else.
                  That team knows how to build off of each other and play all out all game.
                  They are fun to watch.

Would love to see the Wings play with that kind of intensity and heart.

Comment

• Corey Crawford makes a save - gets 'The Bronx Cheer' from the L A crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      How good is Anze Kopitar, what a play - dude is a monster. This is sad these teams are light years better than the current Red Wings :-(
                      Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      DUSTIN BROWN! From the good old USA 3-0 Kings!
                      Originally posted by Habib21 View Post
                      Come playoff time, the Kings are something else.
                      That team knows how to build off of each other and play all out all game.
                      They are fun to watch.

Would love to see the Wings play with that kind of intensity and heart.

Eff KOPITAR, BROWN, CARTER and the entire Kings org.

Signed,
                      Sore Ducks fan
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• At least your not this guy Gonz

Comment

• I am not sure whether to pity that man or follow him religiously. Also, the only good outcome from this year's cup run will be if all remaining ice cracks, opens up, and the contenders from both the east and west are eaten by an ice whale.
                          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            At least your not this guy Gonz

Ha

U make a valid point
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• After watching the Kings take down the Sharks in remarkable fashion leaving the whole of the Bay Area, "where I live" in shock..... I started rooting for them after the Wings were eliminated.

Still have a lot of hate for the Sharks even though we are now in the East. Boston took over as my most hated team though....

Comment

• Rangers win the East

Comment

Working...
                                X