No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm talking about long term but I'd keep rolling with the rook until he falls off then send him back. I'd rather carry 3 goalies while he's still hot then keeping Cleary in the press box every night. He's won 9 of 10 and he's one of the reasons we're in first.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• and what part of the season has Gus been playing at a "very high level"? He's only played 3 games. His first game of the year was a shutout against Toronto then gave up 3 and 4 goals respectively. We must have different views on en fuego.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        Mrazek has won 9 of 10 games but we're going to send him back to the minors? I think this is stupid. I get that Howard isn't going anywhere and they like Gus as a backup while the rookie can be sent down without having to clear waivers but this is retarded.

They make everyone else coming back from injury "earn" their jobs so why not in this instance? Let me repeat, we've won 9 of 10 games and we're in 1st place!
        Mrazek is only 22 years old. He has been playing like a seasoned vet but his maturity level is not there yet. They can use him like a beach ball this season but, next year they will have to either commit to him or he will be walking when his contract comes up.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Agreed he'll be sent down but I think the timing is shit.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Agreed he'll be sent down but I think the timing is shit.
            Timing is according to Howard getting healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              Timing is according to Howard getting healthy.
              Ok Mike Babcock. Way to hold back the deserving rooks!
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Okay... again... what is your plan?

You want to keep 3 goaltenders? Are you planning on running thin on defense or forward? Are we waiving Gus? Trading Howard? Do enlighten us.

Comment

Contrary to your observation, I believe that Babcock and Holland have been at odds the last few years because he wanted to put some of the younger guys on the roster and Holland trumped him in favor of vets like Cleary and Bertuzzi.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    Okay... again... what is your plan?

You want to keep 3 goaltenders? Are you planning on running thin on defense or forward? Are we waiving Gus? Trading Howard? Do enlighten us.
                    I was being sarcastic about the Babcock comment, but yes. For the time being I'd carry 3 goalies until the youngin cools down. We rode the hot hand with 9 wins in the last 10 games. We're in first place, stick with it.

I would much rather give the young goalie added valuable experience to keep playing then have Dan Cleary sit in the press box and suck from there. I'm not talking for an extended period of time but if it would buy him a few more games, absolutely.
                    Last edited by jaadam4; February 8, 2015, 11:11 AM.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Okay, so which forward or defenseman are you sending down or waiving in order to have three goaltenders on the roster?

Comment

• Dan Cleary.. its not going to happen, I just wish they could keep the kid going for a few more games.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Having too many goalies is not a bad problem to have. I think Mrazek gets sent down. He's been great, but the guy needs to play.

Comment

• I just wanted to attack the brain trust for still having a scrub on the roster.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Mrzek got bailed out on a few games too.

He has been solid recently, first period vs Denver (+ a lot of luck), and vs Phoenix, but he also gave up a bunch several games ago.

He is young, best option for him is where he can play, and that is in Grand Rapids. He could develop into something great.

Teams only go as far as their goalie in the playoffs.

Right now Howard and Gus are question marks. Need to figure out how ready they are before any big decision can be made.
                              AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• I think Babcock or Holland is reading my posts on the board.

Petr Mrazek has received his biggest compliment yet: He'll start another game, even as the Detroit Red Wings now have three healthy goaltenders.

It's a tribute to how well the team's third-string goalie has played that Mike Babcock said today that Mrazek will man the net Wednesday, when the Wings go into Pittsburgh. Jimmy Howard, who had just been selected to the All-Star Game when he suffered a groin injury Jan. 10, will back up.

To nip any controversy in the bud, Babcock iterated that "Howie is our starting goaltender."

Playing Mrazek again makes sense -- he went 8-1 as a starter since Howard's injury, and Mrazek helps the defense with his puck-playing skills. Normally when a significant player has healed from injury, he is put right back into the lineup regardless of record, but "Pete is winning," Babcock said.

"We're trying to win all the games. This way, Howie is fully engaged in practice and bumped and getting knocked around. He'll have a good opportunity to prepare and probably have an opportunity to play on Saturday."

Howard is eager to get back to work but had nothing but praise for his replacement's performance. "Petr has been playing fantastic for us," Howard said. "He gives us a chance to win every single night, and the guys take advantage of that. It's important to have depth -- you need that to make a push."

DETROIT FREE PRESS
                                Red Wings' Petr Mrazek, 22, bounces back from rough starts like veteran

The Wings will, for the time being, carry three goaltenders, as Jonas Gustavsson also is healthy. For Mrazek -- vulnerable because he can sent down to the minors without waivers -- staying to work another game was a relief. "It's nice to be around these guys here and play and practice with them," Mrazek said. "I'm happy I'm here. To play in Pittsburgh is going to be a fun game."

The Wings seem to be brimming with depth, what with defenseman Xavier Ouellet and forward Teemu Pulkkinen both playing in the minors, even as they've shown themselves NHL-ready. For a team aiming for a long playoff run, that's a tremendous asset. "I think one of the greatest things to create a winning environment is competition for jobs and accountability," Babcock said.

The Wings have amassed 18 points their last 10 games on the strength of good goaltending, special teams and spread-out scoring. There have been a few hiccups -- such as the Tampa Bay game -- but Babcock put it into perspective, saying, "I like that sign -- you don't win unless you're a good team when you don't play well -- and we've won some games where we weren't playing well."
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X