Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    Go to the Joe and take a straw poll. I'd bet money the fans would sooner see 25 retired than 91... and it wouldn't be all that close.
    Dude. Do you really believe that or just an attempt at getting a rise? I learned hyperbole and talking in absolute terms is kind of your thing but every now and then I just feel like I have to ask if you believe some of the stuff you type.
    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
      Dude. Do you really believe that or just an attempt at getting a rise? I learned hyperbole and talking in absolute terms is kind of your thing but every now and then I just feel like I have to ask if you believe some of the stuff you type.
      Yup.

......and this is for you Jaadam.

Petr Mrazek will be the backup as the Wings continue to carry three healthy goaltenders. General manager Ken Holland said no decision would be made Friday, but coach Mike Babcock said it would be better for Mrazek to play in the AHL than play only occasionally in the NHL.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Howard comes back tonight, basicly scores in his own goal aaaaann?nnnnnddddd loses in a shoot out :-o glad he showed he's back in 'tip top' shape. Meh I agree with C lord, fans never really liked Sergaaaay while Stevie Y was the team leader. Then leaving for the left coast got him booed - nobody leaves the Red Wings! Darren McCarty was always a fan favorite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
          ......and this is for you Jaadam.
          I don't disagree about sending Mrazek back down to GR vice him backing up in Detroit. My only argument before was I didn't like them sending him down while we're playing so well.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

The fans would rather celebrate a degenerate deadbeat asshole with grit and minimal talent than one of the best two way players of his era.
            lol.. i'm glad it was clarified that you were talking about McCarty because I originally thought you were referring to Probie.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/CaYDDpTkv30[/ame]

Comment

• Certainly, Mac was a fan favorite but when isn't the goon or enforcer on a team, any team, not? I remember Sergei in Nike ads and hailed as the best player in the league. I think Scotty Bowman may have disliked him more than Detroit fans. Sure, the way he left chapped a bunch and the grind line was a fun side show, but I haven't heard many Wings fans wanting to hang him from the rafters and definitely didn't hear any saying good riddance. Maybe i was just hanging around the Fedorov Fellowship at the time. Hell, I still have a number 91 winged wheel jersey and a red army number 18 in the closet.
                Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• By all accounts I've heard, Bowman liked Sergei more than Yzerman. When Bowman needed a role filled, he knew he could go to Fedorov. Bowman would get so frustrated with Yzerman that Scotty actively tried to trade him.

It's the idiot fans (and God are there many) who don't appreciate what they had. I suspect that a Venn diagram of people who have a McCarty sweater and an Inge jersey is damn near a circle.

The media feeds into that sentiment. I can't remember who wrote it, but articles like the one that claimed Holmstrom was a more valuable Wing than Fedorov gets plenty of play among the fans. They LOVE that shit.
                  Last edited by chemiclord; February 15, 2015, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Maybe I was young, but Fedorov was my favorite player growing up.

Playing different roles, I think fans appreciated them at different times and for obvious different things.

No Det fan would trade Sergei for Darren. They did appreciate the role players that stood out.

Who does not like a big hit, or good hockey fight? I just don't think that has anything to do with Fedorov.
                    AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Happy for the point...

I knew when it went to SO that the wings were done. I have no faith in those carny games anymore.

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      Howard comes back tonight, basicly scores in his own goal aaaaann?nnnnnddddd loses in a shoot out :-o glad he showed he's back in 'tip top' shape. Meh I agree with C lord, fans never really liked Sergaaaay while Stevie Y was the team leader. Then leaving for the left coast got him booed - nobody leaves the Red Wings! Darren McCarty was always a fan favorite.
                      AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• McCarty was a damn good hockey player. It's to bad you can't see that chemi.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

By all accounts I've heard, Bowman liked Sergei more than Yzerman. When Bowman needed a role filled, he knew he could go to Fedorov. Bowman would get so frustrated with Yzerman that Scotty actively tried to trade him.

It's the idiot fans (and God are there many) who don't appreciate what they had. I suspect that a Venn diagram of people who have a McCarty sweater and an Inge jersey is damn near a circle.

The media feeds into that sentiment. I can't remember who wrote it, but articles like the one that claimed Holmstrom was a more valuable Wing than Fedorov gets plenty if play among the fans. They LOVE that shit.
                          Fans like who they like! It doesn't make them idiots. Could you be more offensive while making your points? McCarty was a good player, and he played on an amazing line. And I still marvel at the plays Inge made at third, and he had some timely homers too. Jesus, you're bitter.
                          ------------
                          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            McCarty was a damn good hockey player. It's to bad you can't see that chemi.
                            Chemi believes that the only players that deserve to be cheered are the ones that are the best of the best. Players that play a role and do it well are just interchangeable pieces of the puzzle that are a dime a dozen. They are not worthy of recognition.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Sergei had a lot of fans in Detroit. He and management didn't get along in negotiations. They played hard ball with him more than any of the other stats on the team. Eventually it came to a head and he left. He never deserved the Dionne treatment when he returned. One of the disgraceful days for Red Wing fans.

He carried that 2002 team during the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                                McCarty was a damn good hockey player. It's to bad you can't see that chemi.
                                McCarty was a damn good enforcer, a role that I find effectively useless, a relic of an era where people could be deterred from being antagonistic shits because they weren't getting paid millions to be antagonistic shits.

Beyond that, no, he wasn't particularly special.

On top of that, he is a shitty human being. Normally, I wouldn't care, but it's a nice cherry on top of a career that has no business being celebrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X