No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to win a game when Kyle Quincey is now your best defenseman. Zidlicky is puke.... Ericsson sucks as usual, Smith cost us a goal as usual, caught in deep. Nyquist is a regular season player, sucks in the playoffs, Zetterberg having a horrible series he's obviously not healthy. Hiller was shaky as hell tonight, any pressure at all and the Wings win tonight.

Comment

• Did I say Ericsson sucks? going to work .....fuck it!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        Whelp, it was a fun season. Gonna be sad to see it end Wednesday.
        you must be at parties
        Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
          you must be at parties
          Let's just say if people like Ericsson and Smith were being counted on to bring the keg... I don't think there'd be much confidence in a great party.

Comment

• The Wings do "run interference" but they do it without physically bumping the opponent off their stride so the refs don't call it. I don't think that's illegal. It might be bending the rules to a degree.

The Wings blew a golden opportunity but what else is new? I'm actually surprised more of the games in this series weren't like this considering the Wings' defensive breakdowns and Tampa's prolific offense.

I would think Tampa would destroy the Wings on Wednesday but nothing has played out the way I expected. But even if the Wings win on Wednesday, they will be stomped on by Montreal.

Comment

• They have to be better on the power play. When Tampa gifts you opportunities you have to take advantage.

Comment

• Was in a hurry and obviously pissed off called Bishop Jonas Hiller.

I can't remember such a lackluster pathetic performance by a Detroit Red Wings team at the Joe in the playoffs, at least for a long time. The way this series is going, I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen in Game seven.

Comment

• Take heart Red Wings fans. No team has won 2 in a row in this series.
                  Last edited by bimmer84; April 28, 2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika [ame="https://twitter.com/cotsonika/status/593049443936686080"]19m19 minutes ago[/ame] Hearing for Kronwall.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Interesting fact I just learned. The Red Wings have lost their last four games attempting to close out a series at home.

2009 Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final (Penguins).
                      2010 Game 6 First Round (Coyotes).
                      2013 Game 6 Conference Semis (Blackhawks).
                      And now last night.

So yeah, I was wrong. These guys haven't been able to close the deal for years.

Comment

• They can win game 7 but really, does anybody see a long run here? I know Babcock is considered a great coach. He's done real well in Detroit and they probably can't improve on him, but does anybody think he's done a great job in the playoffs?

Maybe he's been the difference in getting to the playoffs, but it has been a lot of "meh" since they blew game 7 against Pittsburgh.

Comment

• I'm still not over that game 7 loss at home. One of my worst sports memories along with Bird's steal in '87 and Rasheed giving Big Shot Bob an open 3 vs the Spurs.

Comment

• Yeah, you can complain about Holland letting go of Happy Hudler but I'll never forgive him for that horrible defensive lapse. I was more forgiving of Stuart.

Its weird, they won 4 cups in the last 20 years, you should feel as though that losing out on a 5th cup doesn't matter. But that series loss burns worse than any of the other series losses. The downside of going to 24 straight playoff series is you have a lot of heartbreaking losses.

Its my one longstanding complaint of the Babcock era, the forwards have not been great in team defense. Even when they won the cup with him, the forwards left the defenseman out to dry a lot. Perhaps I was just spoiled by the Bowman/Barry Smith Left Wing Lock. But I can never shake that feeling.

That probably beats Big Shot Bob for me. Maybe not Isiah, that was a lazy eff up.

Comment

• GO WINGS!!!
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• The Wings have simply made too many mistakes....They can play a solid game 7 and win this, but the defensive lapses that have occurred in this series have to stop or the WIngs are done...like Loops, im not sure I see anything beyond this series even if they can pull off game 7....They just dont seem to ahve that championship mojo anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X