No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have enough high priced players, we need to continue to develop the younger guys and get some more size on the Wings and Blue line.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I hope you realize getting size on the blue line would involve a high priced player.

Comment

• Not if you find a youngin.

Comment

• Who?

Comment

• I can not name someone in particular because I do not follow either college or OHL close enough.

Comment

• So you think they are going to get some stalwart blueliner for next season from the OHL and college? If you want a premiere player to help next year you need to pay even it pains you to do so.

Comment

• They have to tweak the type of player they have been targeting.

They have targeted speedy finesse puck control players.

They need to occasionally pick up the 6'3-4-5 guy that has good hands and moderate speed with a good wingspan.

.....and no, I am not so naive as to think they will get an all star out of the College or OHL ranks next year.

Comment

• They need someone next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                    They have to tweak the type of player they have been targeting.

They have targeted speedy finesse puck control players.

They need to occasionally pick up the 6'3-4-5 guy that has good hands and moderate speed with a good wingspan.

.....and no, I am not so naive as to think they will get an all star out of the College or OHL ranks next year.
                    They do occasionally set their sights on those types of players.
                    Mantha, Sheahan, B. Smith, Nosek, Marchenko, McKee, Nedomlel, Sproul...

Just saying

Comment

• Kindl and Ericsson need to be shown the door. If they can sign someone to replace or promote from GR either way it's a move in the right direction.

I also agree about getting another power forward. Abdlkader was about all we had in that dept last year. All the rest of our wingers are similar type players in Tatar, Nyquist and Pulkkinon. There's a lot of speculation about one being traded.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ericsson is fine, but not where the Red Wings have him on the top-line
                        He would be a very good 3rd-line or average 2nd line d-man. But not sure why they feel he is top-line material. I was completely against resigning Quincey last year, but he turned out to be one of the best defenseman on the team. Kronwall look like shit more often than not to me...... not sure if that's Ericsson's fault or if Kronwall has digressed the past couple years. I saw far to many giveaways in our own zone by him, that led to goals or high quality opportunities. This team definitely needs a new leader on Defense. It really has no identity right now.

I agree that we need another power forward..... Nash would fill that. But it's also why I really like the idea of trying to pry away Brent Burns. He could be both. Byfuglien is another one who could fill that identity on defense with his take no shit and give it out demeanor. Has a killer point shot too. I'm sure that either one of them could be had too.
                        San Jose is in need of a reboot, and rumors have been out that Byfuglien could be had as well.

Comment

• Getting rid of Ericsson would make them even smaller. He's not the great physical presence but he is a big body. I'm ambivalent on whether to get rid of him or not.

I will be interested to see how they play with the new coach defensively. I don't think Babcock was a great defensive coach. He talked it up but even when they won the cup they had trouble holding a lead.

Comment

• I must have been watching a different version of Ericsson then you guys were.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Habib21 View Post
                              Ericsson is fine, but not where the Red Wings have him on the top-line
                              He would be a very good 3rd-line or average 2nd line d-man. But not sure why they feel he is top-line material. I was completely against resigning Quincey last year, but he turned out to be one of the best defenseman on the team. Kronwall look like shit more often than not to me...... not sure if that's Ericsson's fault or if Kronwall has digressed the past couple years. I saw far to many giveaways in our own zone by him, that led to goals or high quality opportunities. This team definitely needs a new leader on Defense. It really has no identity right now.

I agree that we need another power forward..... Nash would fill that. But it's also why I really like the idea of trying to pry away Brent Burns. He could be both. Byfuglien is another one who could fill that identity on defense with his take no shit and give it out demeanor. Has a killer point shot too. I'm sure that either one of them could be had too.
                              San Jose is in need of a reboot, and rumors have been out that Byfuglien could be had as well.
                              MATT BELESKEY, soon to be free agent would fit the bill.
                              Last edited by Panoptes; June 14, 2015, 08:41 PM.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Habib21 View Post
                                Ericsson is fine, but not where the Red Wings have him on the top-line

Nice summary!

....but I still do not want Nash......probably because I am an ass.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                I must have been watching a different version of Ericsson then you guys were.
                                Not really. Habib has him nailed at a 3rd line D.

Comment

Working...
                                X