Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byfuglien would be an awesome pickup. I'd make that trade in a heartbeat
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Trade for him and sign one of Mike Green, Petry or Franson and we'd be looking nice on D. If they don't retool that D we're just treading water hoping our forwards back check well enough to hide the fact that our defense blows.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
        MATT BELESKY, soon to be free agent would fit the bill.
        I'm not completely sold on Belesky. That being said though, I admittedly don't know enough about him and haven't watched enough Ducks games.

Comment

• Nash had his chance to be a Red Wing and passed... fuck him. There are no rumors that the Wings would even want him, that is a good thing. He's basically Joe Thornton jr, as the quality of his competition goes up - his numbers goes way down. Regular season player, he is a goat in NY - 50 playoff games and 6 goals.

Just another example of why the NHL regular season is really a preseason, Tampa Bay - I believe had the best record (or near it) on home ice in the regular season. In the real season (the playoffs) they made it to the finals with a losing record at home. Ben Bishop has been shaky (and hurt) to say the least, letting in more soft goals tonight.

If Bishop is hurt, Andrei Vasilevskiy will be tested in a elimination game in Chicago. Vasilevskiy was drafted by Stevie Y after Ken Holland gave him a first round pick in the 'great' Kyle Quinecy signing. I wonder if Scotty Bowman will lace up the skates to clebrate on ice another Cup?

Comment

• I must have been watching a different version of Ericsson then you guys were.

No your right he sucks, blamed his horrible play in this years playoffs on a hurt big toe. (Ok) What about the rest of your career?

Mantha looks to be gone, the Wings’ 20th overall pick in 2013, has been - lets say 'not so good' in Grand Rapids. Devallano was openly critical of his performance, calling his 1st year “very, very, very, very + 10 disappointing”. Mantha and 1st round pick, the door is open to bring Dion Phaneuf to the Wings as the NHL Draft approaches. Meh...

Comment

• Originally posted by Habib21 View Post
              I'm not completely sold on Belesky. That being said though, I admittedly don't know enough about him and haven't watched enough Ducks games.
              Can't believe you got quoted with that.

Lights out 10p
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                Can't believe you got quoted with that.

Lights out 10p
                Huh? You lost me..

Comment

• I don't think they're giving up on Mantha just yet.

Comment

• Hell naw. Mantha is going into beast mode next season.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Habib21 View Post
                      Huh? You lost me..
                      Most don't admit to not paying attention to the west coast teams despite believing they know the NHL. You can't know the league if you don't know much about teams/players out here.

10p means west coast games are just starting while east coast tvs them off for the night after the local games are over.

Anyway, it's starting on Beleskey

Flyers free-agent target: LW Matt Beleskey

Each day from now until July 1, the day free agency begins, Tom Dougherty and Tim Riday will profile some of the NHL’s top impending free agents and project their likelihood of signing with the Flyers. Matt Beleskey, left wingAge: 27Height: 6-0Weight: 204Last team: Anaheim Ducks2014-15 cap hit: $1.35 million Scouting reportBeleskey is a beast around the net, along the…

Excerpt:

Scouting report

Beleskey is a beast around the net, along the wall and especially in the corners. If there's a loose puck, he's usually the first skater to get to it. He's at his best in physical contests. Needs to work on his defensive-zone coverage but is emerging as a solid complementary winger thanks to his improving offensive instincts.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• How do you build any kind of good reputation with what you think and know if you can't admit to what you don't know. "The dumbest people are the ones who know everything."

Funny thing though is I live in Cali....so I should know more about the Ducks. I know their style of play and the bigger names on the team... not so much the role players though. I watched some Belesky highlights and read up a bit... seems like a good role player, but I think he'll be getting a larger contract than what a role player is worth this free agency. But the Wings could definitely use some grit outside of the 4th line and Abby.

Comment

• The day after I made my post about the Wings not giving up on Mantha, both local papers have articles about the Wings dealing Mantha. LOL

I do think they could trade him if it brings something substantial in return but I have a feeling most of this talk is an effort to try and motivate the guy.

Comment

• Blackhawks suck!

Bowman is a genius!

Greatest hockey mind of all time.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• 6' 1'' 198 lbs. 19 years old.

He may grow to 210. That is a start at getting bigger.......

From the Freep.

Once upon a time, the Red Wings picked a Holmstrom deep in the draft, and he went on to become a local legend.

There has been another one in the system since last summer, and the Wings have just locked up 6-foot-1, 198-pound forward Axel Holmstrom with a three-year entry-level contract. Holmstrom was Sweden’s junior player of the year last season. He’ll spend next season in Sweden again, unless he somehow makes the Wings’ roster.

The Wings selected Holmstrom, who turns 19 on June 29, in the seventh round (196th overall) in 2014. At the time, Sweden-based scout Hakan Andersson told the Free Press that Holmstrom “is a really hard worker. He’s a little bit of an early developer. He’s very committed to training. He also has good hockey sense.“

This past season, Holmstrom played 44 games for Skelleftea of the Swedish Hockey League, producing 10 goals and 10 assists. He went on to contribute 18 points in 15 playoff games, setting a record for playoff points by a junior player and earning player of the year honors. He also represented Sweden at the 2015 world junior championship.

Holmstrom, though, bears no relation to Tomas Holmstrom, whom the Wings drafted 257th overall in 1994. He helped the Wings to four Stanley Cup championships, was famous for speaking “Swenglish” and was regularly asked by teammates to pass on Christmas wishes to Santa Claus, being that Holmstrom grew up near the Arctic Circle.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Scotty's a great coach but I doubt his influence on the Blackhawks is as great as you think it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X