No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish they could trade Howard. 1 it would get rid of his salary and 2 it would allow Mrazek a chance to run.

We're holding him back with this committee.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think they wanted to give both players a fair shot at number one spot but Mrazek has a pretty good hold on that now.

Comment

• I sure hope so. We need Mrazek to stretch his legs to keep the team in a rhythm. Screw this every other game nonsense.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• and it's pretty amazing that Larkin is going to the all star game as a rook. I knew the Wings were excited when they drafted him but I never knew he was going to be this good.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I think they have to choose a player from every team.

But he has been very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
              I think they have to choose a player from every team.

But he has been very good.
              I think you're confusing the NHL and MLB.

At least, I've never heard of that in the NHL All-Star game rules.

Comment

• They keep changing the all star format every year so I have no idea the rules now...This year it looks like some kind of 3 on 3 game? Is that correct?

Comment

• Yes, they're having 3 on 3 tournaments.

Comment

• I don't understand what you mean by "tournaments"? Is this something to do with the skills competition?

Is the game itself being played 3 on 3 (not counting goalies)?

I'm coming up with zilch googling this crap...

Comment

• foxhopper, the way I understand it, there are four teams (Atlantic, Metropolitan, Central and Pacific) that have all stars from their respective divisions. The Atlantic will play the Metropolitan in a 20 minute game of 3-3 (similar to what they play in overtime now). The Central will play the Pacific in another 20 minute game of 3-3. Then those two winners will play a 20 minute final of 3-3. Hence the tournament style play.

Does that clear things up?
                      All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Yep, thanks SnowMeister!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          I think you're confusing the NHL and MLB.

At least, I've never heard of that in the NHL All-Star game rules.
                          I didn't know either until someone I work with mentioned it:

Comment

• who cares if every team HAS to have a rep. Larkin has been our best player. That's saying a lot and this can be one of those things to build the youngin going forward.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I know. I said he's been very good. Hell, I've been singing his praises all seasons.

Comment

• Ken Holland and the Detroit Red Wings aren’t known as big players on the trade market, but someone seems to think that Hockeytown is about to gain a superstar in the coming months in a blockbuster deal.

The Hockey News released its list of four bold predictions for the NHL in 2016. Topping the list is a mega deal that involves the Red Wings and the Tampa Bay Lightning. Ken Campbell writes that the Wings will make a move for star center Steven Stamkos in a deadline deal.

“Steven Stamkos will sign an eight-year contract extension with the Tampa Bay Lightning matching dollar-for-dollar the $84 million deals signed by Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews…then immediately be traded to the Detroit Red Wings along with Jonathan Drouin just before the trade deadline.”
                                Something the Red Wings have been know to do is give out giant contracts, which is what Campbell suggests would be a major part of this deal. However, Holland would have to part with some of the franchise’s most valuable assets to pull off a trade of this size.

“Faced with the prospect of losing him for nothing, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman will orchestrate a “sign-and-trade” deal for Stamkos with the Red Wings that will allow Stamkos to go to the team of his choice and get an eight-year deal, getting around the seven-year deal he would have had to sign with Detroit if he were to become an unrestricted free agent in the summer.

The price for Stamkos and Drouin will be steep – sniper Gustav Nyquist, a pair of 24-year-old pending restricted free agents in Riley Sheahan and Alexey Marchenko, along with top prospect Anthony Mantha and the Red Wings first-round pick in 2016 and 2017. Stamkos will immediately go back to his center position, moving the aging Pavel Datsyuk down to a checking role more suited to him on the third line.”
                                What do you think about this proposal? Would you give up on some of the Red Wings’ top young players to get a bona-fide superstar like Steven Stamkos? Let us know by voting in the poll below.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X