Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
    I told you after I saw they had to travel for a back to back with Boston rested, there would be no way they would compete.

Edit: I don't get it.

They do not play any back to back in the playoffs even if they are in the same city, why does the league insist on scheduling back to backs with travel?

OK, I know. Because the regular season games don't count, right?
    I get it perfectly.

Owners want money. Since not every team makes the playoffs, the league tries to wedge in as many regular season games as they can... ya know... to make money.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      I get it perfectly.

Owners want money. Since not every team makes the playoffs, the league tries to wedge in as many regular season games as they can... ya know... to make money.
      The length of the season has not changed.

The concept of playing back to back games, has.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Back to back games are not new. The Wings play the second most this year however.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Back to back games are not new. The Wings play the second most this year however.
          They are relatively new. I believe with the advent of the new CBA and allowing NHL players to participate in the Olympics.

Comment

• The NHL has been going to the Olympics for 20 years. 20 years is not new for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              They are relatively new. I believe with the advent of the new CBA and allowing NHL players to participate in the Olympics.
              Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              The NHL has been going to the Olympics for 20 years. 20 years is not new for me.
              That's what happens when you get old. You think something just happened until really you think about it...

"They just made the dunk legal in HS basketball a few years ago... Wait. That was 40 years ago."

Ha!
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                The NHL has been going to the Olympics for 20 years. 20 years is not new for me.
                Heh!

Point taken.

......cept I do not think they did back to backs in the first year they did the Olympics, and it also meant the years they did not have Winter Olympics, no need to do back to backs.

.......so up until the new CBA that is what? 2 out of 14 years?

My real point is knowing how these guys spend their energy and what it takes for their bodies to rest, professional or not, the schedule does not make the game better when back to backs are scheduled and teams have to travel to make the next game.

.....oh, and someone mentioned the fire alarm in the hotel went off after the team arrived at 3 AM.

<<<<<<<mimicking the guy in the beans commercial from aisle 4>>>>> There are no rules here!

Comment

• I don't ever recall the NHL that didn't have back to back games. Do home and homes not count?

Comment

• I went back and looked at schedules for the Wings randomly and I didn't find a season where they didn't have back to backs. In the 84-85 season they had 19 back to back games. 6 of those were the old home and home games.

Comment

• Yep

Comment

• With a home and home, both teams have to endure playing, travel and little rest. So the ice is somewhat even.

Comment

• Bruins down 4-1 .... Red Wings tie it up. Things looking better than 20 minutes ago.
                          Forever One!

Comment

• Boston taking all the drama Away!

Comment

• What the hell. Did Anderrson have a goal called back? I was following the boxscore and it said we were up 1-0 early in the game. I checked a while later and it was 0-0.

Comment

• They review it, called offsides.

Comment

Working...
                                X