Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
    Of the free agents on the team, I would let Helm, Miller, Richards, Andersson, and Quincey all walk.
    Helm, Miller, Richards, and Andersson, can walk.

Quincey should crawl, raising only to pucker his Lincoln-pube bearded lips, to kiss the dusty buns of each and every living Wings HoFer on the way out.
    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• I thought Franzen will be covered by long term IR. He'll never play again.

After watching that wretched playoff performance, I wouldn't trade Datsyuk's contract to clear up space. Why waste a high draft pick so you can overpay on a free agent that might get you out of the 1st round? They need to jettison as many of the old players they use as crutches.

My hope is that terrible series has shaken them into some action. I doubt it.

Comment

• If Franzen retired he could come off the books or like froot said the IR would give us relief.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wishful optimism on my part, with the playoffs attitude 'just get in, anything can happen'. Well anything can happen - is not happening. Not with this team anyway. Time to look at the car crash with bodies laying everywhere.

DSN

The number of bad contracts on this team is astounding. Ken Holland has crippled this team with massive contracts to players who aren't worth a nickel of what they're getting paid. Jonathan Ericsson, Niklas Kronwall, Johan Franzen, and Gustav Nyquist are just a few of the players who received raises recently and are either underachieving or not playing at all. The worst contracts have to be the Daniel Cleary deal and the Stephen Weiss contract. Weiss is on the Wings books until 2021 at a cap hit of $1.6M per year. If Datsyuk chooses to retire, then Detroit would have about $10 million in wasted cap space for next season.

Not only that, but every player who Holland traded for in the last 4 seasons has left the team or is no longer playing pro hockey. Holland gave up a plethora of prospects and picks for Erik Cole, Marek Zidlicky, and David Legwand. The Legwand trade may go down as the worst of the Holland era. Detroit gave up Calle Jarnkrok, Patrick Eaves, and a 3rd round pick for 26 games worth of David Legwand. Eaves is now a depth player for Dallas, and Jarnkrok has turned into a fine piece to the Nashville lineup. Speaking of players Ken Holland lost for nothing, let's not forget he lost Landon Ferraro and Andrej Nestrasil for absolutely nothing. All the while, failing to bring in top free agents.

Comment

• Cracks me up all the people saying the Red Wings should go all "Michigan (Harbaugh)" after Stevie Y. Home town hero come back to save the day! Just listened to mike valentis 10 minute rant, don't really listen to him much funny how he said "Michigan is back!" Yes we are! Anyway...

Not sure anyone would want this shit storm at this time.

And this argh...

The Detroit News dropped a bombshell on Friday evening, which revealed what could quite possibly be one of the biggest blunders over the past decade for the Red Wings organization:

When Steve Yzerman left the front office to manage the Lightning, Mike Ilitch said he had approached Holland about moving up in the front office to make room for Yzerman as general manager.

Ilitch said Holland declined.

Now, Holland’s tasks are formidable and mounting, and his joke several seasons ago that Lidstrom’s retirement might hasten his own is less humorous.

He faces fierce urgency in a hot kitchen, likely to get only hotter.

Comment

• Best outcome

Franzen retires freeing up 3 mil
              Send Dats to Arizona giving up a mid rounder to take on his salary
              Trade Howard for a bag of pucks which frees up 4 mil +
              Ericsson... I have no friggin idea. He's horrible and on the books for 3 more years.
              Nyquist or Tatar needs to be traded but I have no idea what for although both can score 25 goals a year.

We need to overhaul the D and we need grit. This team has no grit.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• How many years does Franzen have left on his deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  I thought Franzen will be covered by long term IR. He'll never play again.

After watching that wretched playoff performance, I wouldn't trade Datsyuk's contract to clear up space. Why waste a high draft pick so you can overpay on a free agent that might get you out of the 1st round? They need to jettison as many of the old players they use as crutches.

My hope is that terrible series has shaken them into some action. I doubt it.
                  Holland's only goal is to maintain the playoff streak at any and all costs. He'll only blow it up (i.e. get fired) when that goal eventually fails.

Accept it.

Comment

• What the f happened to Pulkinun this year? I was really disappointed he didn't get more of a shot
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• This is the first year I can think of where there was quite a bit of "anti-Holland" talk on sports radio after the season ended. Even some of the beat writers are pointing out what a disappointing season it's been. Holland may feel some heat to make some moves.

Comment

• I sure as F would hope so. How many first round exists do we have? 6 or 7?

Dude needs to do something
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          Holland's only goal is to maintain the playoff streak at any and all costs. He'll only blow it up (i.e. get fired) when that goal eventually fails.

Accept it.

You keep on talking if it is only Holland. It is the whole organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            You keep on talking if it is only Holland. It is the whole organization.
                            As the head of the organization, he sets the tone.

You keep talking about the whole organization like you're trying to deflect blame off of Holland.

The organization immediately changes with his dismissal, if only for the fact that the new head is going to want his people on his page.

Fire Holland, and the rest of the problem goes with him, because they wouldn't be allowed to stay.
                            Last edited by chemiclord; April 24, 2016, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Well, I mean it's possible that Illitch would simply promote the second in command and leave everything else as is... but what dumbfuck franchise would be stupid enough to something boneheaded like THAT?

Comment

• They have a lot of restricted free agents. And just a lot of young guys overall. I think you are going to see the Wings pretty active in the trade market.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X