No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know DanO its not that far fetched. The difference is that Millen inherited shit and built even worse shit.

Holland had the league at his fingertips. He went from owning the league in the non salary cap era to winning one cup and within seconds of winning another. Then Holland just starts shitting down his leg for a decade with the worst contracts I've ever seen to be handed out to garbage players and holding back talented youth.

If he wanted to spend all his cap space every year thats fine but he locks the same garbage players until the end of days so there's no salary cap wiggle room insight. We have no f'ing cap space because he's stupid.

We're still paying on Stephen f'ing Weiss for another several years. Who's Stephen Weiss you ask? Someone that hasn't played in the league for 2 years but he's still making over a million dollars a year.

Holland is a fool.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Not far fetched at all, Holland is just kicking us diehard Red Wing fans in the balls now.

Comment

• "Holland had the league at his fingertips. He went from owning the league in the non salary cap era to winning one cup and within seconds of winning another. Then Holland just starts shitting down his leg for a decade with the worst contracts I've ever seen to be handed out to garbage players and holding back talented youth."
        ----------------------------------Alright I concede. You guys are right. This has been going on for awhile now.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• There is some talent here though. I just don't understand how they allow Blashill to continue.

Comment

• "It's a man's league." ~ Ken Holland

It all starts with him. Until he is fired, the Red Wings have no hope.

Comment

• Gerrard Gallant was named the HC for Vegas

F YOU HOLLAND!!
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Heard that jaad.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Holland was shown on the TV screen Sunday night as the fans were chanting for Yzerman to “Come Home”. Little Caesars Arena will be the draw next season. Fans won’t being buying seats necessarily to watch the product on the ice. They will buy seats to experience the new building and take part in the new “District Detroit”. It gives Holland and Blashill another year at the very least.

Comment

• So pathetic. I don't think many fans know just how fucked our salary cap is. We have a lot of shit players signed longterm.

This is a giant clusterfuck.

Comment

• Holland is a moron
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I dunno I'd say if he's a moron as much as he never really figured out how to manage a salary cap.

That and he fell into that trap of "loyalty > performance" that seems to infect Detroit franchises.

Comment

• Managing the cap from year to year is one thing. Giving lifetime contracts to aging topped out players is another
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Well, I mean for example, not offering contracts to RFA's is a wonderful line in the sand to draw when you know that you can give any UFA 10% over what anyone else is willing to offer.

When you have a limit on what you can spend... uh, yeah, you better damn well target some RFAs and make their original team make a tough choice. At the very least, you make your opponents pay up and crimp their spending opportunities.

The entire lifetime contracts to shitty players is a loyalty thing that Detroit fans eat up, even though it harms the teams they support in the long run. It's so stupid.

Comment

• So pathetic. I don't think many fans know just how fucked our salary cap is. We have a lot of shit players signed longterm.

This is a giant clusterfuck.

This

Comment

• But I'm sure he's terrified of someone trying to fight him next year, so he'll never do this again, right Marko?

Comment

Working...
                                X