No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again, I'm sympathetic to the idea that there wasn't much that Yzerman (or any GM) would be able to do that would translate to any particular # of wins in these last two years. This team was pretty much nothing but a dilapidated house that needed to be condemned. There wasn't much there to work with at all.

Now, that said, after two years, it's not unfair to expect more than what we've seen. It doesn't look like any of these moves has budged the needle at all.

Comment

• I’m not sure what moves he could have made to make a difference. There’s nothing in FA even if they had money and there hasn’t been a player that he passed on that’s been a superstar.

On top of that the world has been in a pandemic. Not sure if anyone could do with the situation he’s been dealt.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It would be one thing if they sucked but had some great prospects down in the farm. Nope, we get to hear it is a man's league like Holland is still in charge.

Comment

• The one shit bag head scratching move that I thought Yzerman made was bringing back Filpulla. I have no idea what sense it makes
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I don't want to overstep too much considering I haven't had the capability to watch the games up until last week but in theory a Filppula signing made sense given it not being expensive or long term and not having a lot of good veteran leaders for a young team. Don't know that he's provided much.

In the last 4 games I finally did get to watch I saw a team actually playing really hard but sitting on a lot of shots and missing too many opportunities trying to make extra passes that aren't there instead of putting something on net. Has that been a theme? Zadina seems especially guilty like he has no confidence in his shot.

Comment

• I keep waiting for Zadina's "fill their nets with pucks" promise to come through
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• He sure shoots a lot from that left hash mark, I mean A LOT! They definitely have that set up for him on the PP- Needs to find the net though. Game is funny (as usual) the Wings haven't played that bad at all 5 on 5 and out shooting the opponent most of the year I think it was 6 games in a row as well as dominating TOP. BUT losing one goal games, because they can't score for their lives on the PP? Then they they play like shit the other night and have the worst hat-trick I ever seen by Gagner who even said the same >>> that he had a horrible game (with a straight face) and win 5-2. Get Blashit out of there after the season I think we can be close to .500 next year. Playoffs by 23!!

Comment

• I have no idea how he's still the coach. Send him back to the minors and have him develop talent there.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• He will be gone in what 20 game or so, we are definitely better this year even if the results don't show it. Burt being hurt has really effected the play of 'gliding around' Mantha, like Redman said the other night "Not sure what his deal is?" “Our first four games we played pretty well and then right away over the course of a week we lost five players (COVID),” Yzerman said Monday “The decision (by the NHL) was made to keep playing through it and unfortunately we lost every single game (0-6-2 during a two-week stretch).

The NHL is contemplating pushing the 2021 draft back one year and holding two drafts in 2022, one for 2021 draft-eligible players and one for 2022 draft-eligible players. That is because some junior leagues and colleges either aren’t playing due to COVID-19 or are playing a limited schedule.

Comment

• That’s interesting on the draft. I hadn’t heard that
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• You can see why Bobby Ryan was drafted so high only Sidney Crosby the number 1 pick ahead of him. Great pick up by the Caption, I hope comes back next year. I think he's are best player and its great to smoke the Blackhawks! (finally) Get a few wins stung together now and games are so much more entertaining .

Comment

• Oh yea WE scored on the PP too! That's the key.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            You can see why Bobby Ryan was drafted so high only Sidney Crosby the number 1 pick ahead of him. Great pick up by the Caption, I hope comes back next year. I think he's are best player and its great to smoke the Blackhawks! (finally) Get a few wins stung together now and games are so much more entertaining .
                            Did you see that documentary about Bobby Ryan’s life?crazy story but damned good player.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• No, I watched it today.... crazy

Comment

• "My issue is with the idiots that think Stafford is somehow holding this piece of shit franchise back.:
                                --------------------------Yep.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X