No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its happening tomorrow! The new Red Wing jerseys vs Columbus , that's enough to at least check the game out. (yea why im I so excited about this?)

Warning: Review' will be coming in about 24 hours

Comment

• meh Well uni's were good (almost everyone hates them) Kinda has a practice vibe, but I like that. Hard to have a lot of interest the rest of the year. Bad team with 2 of our best players hurt also.

Comment

• And yet it’s not a lock that we‘ll get a top 3 pick. The NHL f’ing sucks
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Zadina scored two goals tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
            Zadina scored two goals tonight.
            Keep it up Zadina! We need that kid to turn into an all star. I still think Holland f’ed that draft up but we have to ride it out now
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• “The NHL f’ing sucks”

Does it even exist? It’s so badly managed. They don’t
              market anyone for shit. As a baseball fan, I really hope baseball doesn’t fade like the NHL has. The public has so much entertainment now. You can’t just assume they will show up or care. You have to grow your sport.

Comment

• You know it’s fucked when a playoff team gets the #1 pick in a “lottery.” You can’t get better when you suck all year and can’t even land the #1 prospect.

Where is the NHL? Are they behind the WWE?

Comment

• If the only way the Red Wings can get better is if they land the #1 pick, then the excitement over Steve Yzerman coming back was a red herring. I get the frustration with the stupid lottery but the Red Wings long run of success was not based on #1 picks. Steve Yzerman wasn't their dream pick in that draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    If the only way the Red Wings can get better is if they land the #1 pick, then the excitement over Steve Yzerman coming back was a red herring. I get the frustration with the stupid lottery but the Red Wings long run of success was not based on #1 picks. Steve Yzerman wasn't their dream pick in that draft.
                    Their success also had a LOT to do with something that probably can't be replicated, though. They had an advantage in international scouting (and a willingness to flip the bird at the Soviet Union) that they simply don't have anymore. You aren't getting Sergei Fedorov or Pavel Datsyuk outside of the first two rounds nowadays.

Their next era of success probably IS going to have to come through more traditional means... i.e. landing that gamechanger with a very high draft pick.

Comment

• I'll grant you things have changed and the 25 year run can't be replicated in the same way. But the way Jad complains about the lottery it's a free pass for Yzerman. I'm not trying to be a troll when I say the team looks about the same as the late stage Holland years. I truly don't see any progress. The 4 Detroit sports teams are garbage but the Wings are the worst by far, you look at the team and see no hope at all for the foreseeable future. It's been very disappointing.

Comment

I'll grant you things have changed and the 25 year run can't be replicated in the same way. But the way Jad complains about the lottery it's a free pass for Yzerman. I'm not trying to be a troll when I say the team looks about the same as the late stage Holland years. I truly don't see any progress. The 4 Detroit sports teams are garbage but the Wings are the worst by far, you look at the team and see no hope at all for the foreseeable future. It's been very disappointing.
                        It absolutely does look like a Kenny Holland team because that's exactly what it is. You're glossing over my valid points. The NHL doesn't have free agency like the other 3 major sports where you could potentially build a team with FA. The only talent on the free agent market is 30+ year olds looking for fat money trending out of their prime. And thats even if the Wings had money to spend, which they don't

That's why you have to build through the draft but Holland passing on top pairing dmen for years forced Yzerman's hand to substantially reach for Seider in the 2019 draft. Granted it doesn't look like a terrible reach anymore as he's developing nicely in the Swedish league. Then last year there's 3 seriously insanely great prospects in which the Wings finish dead last but end up @ #4?

I'd love to hear what you think Yzerman could have done differently to have shown better progress. Show me who he could have drafted in his 2 drafts that's killing it in the NHL.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yzerman has been through 2 full off-seasons, how long are you going to blame Holland?

Comment

• People who expect a team in the state the Wings were in when Yzerman was hired to be resurrected in the state the NHL is running things is mad.
                            If you see him put a playoff contending team together in this environment within 5 years of his hire - consider it a masterpiece.

Comment

• If it takes Yzerman 5 years to be contending for the playoffs, he isn't much of a GM. The free pass parade is astounding.

Comment

If it takes Yzerman 5 years to be contending for the playoffs, he isn't much of a GM. The free pass parade is astounding.
                                The NHL isn't the NFL - if you don't have a pipeline in the wings when you inherit a team in the NHL in this day and age - you really have to be a mastermind to build a team from nothing in 5 years.

Look at the Ducks. 3-4 years ago they were contending for the Cup (and had nearly a 20 year stretch of competitiveness) - now they are likely not going to get the #1 pick in the draft, and likely not going to be a place FA's who are worth a shit will even bother entertaining - and they are the worst team in the league.

NHL is simply a hard place to build from nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X