Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I think the point that froot is trying to make is that they SHOULD BE. Holland's "man's league" is a bunch of bullshit, and Yzerman parroting that line doesn't make it any less bullshit. The roster that's currently being run out is a dead end. There's no point for 70% of that team to be on the ice. Dump them, and bring up the young guys. If they're going to flame out in the NHL, burying them on some junior team for three years isn't going to change that. Yzerman isn't protecting them. He's protecting himself, selling you on the "potential of the farm."
    If thats the case the entire NHL is f'ed

From the 2019 draft only 13 have played in an NHL game.. 13

From the 2020 draft.. 2 players

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      And for the record it was a pick swap where Detroit dropped 4 spots and gained a second round pick.
      Oh I'm aware of that but again you keep avoiding the questions as to what you would have done differently than Yzerman. Keep glossing over it dwt
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If you need to wait around for.your 1st round picks to develop and are unable to build a team through any trades or free agent signings you are not a GM to get excited about.

Comment

• Ok.. again you're avoiding the question. What signing should the Wings have made? Have you looked at the state of NHL free agency? And in order to trade you have to have the goods to trade. You're literally just throwing shit at the wall and hope it sticks.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• You are avoiding saying what decade the Wings should hope to compete for a playoff spot in a league where half the teams make the playoffs. You get furious that anybody might criticize the Yzerplan. You were the one banging the drum for Yzerman for years, I was excited that they hired him. But now it is verboten to criticize anything about these two humdrum seasons. It appears like nothing has changed and we are being still told it's a man's league and we have to wait for the toddlers to grow into men. What place are the Vegas Knights in?

Comment

• If Yzerman is all that, the Wings should be playoff bound next year - and be considered a contender for the Cup by 2024.
              This is the Red Wings - nobody gives a flying fuck about just making the playoffs - it's all about the Cup.
              Now the Lions - shit just win 1 playoff game in our remaining lifetime and you've brought a smile to a lot of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                You are avoiding saying what decade the Wings should hope to compete for a playoff spot in a league where half the teams make the playoffs. You get furious that anybody might criticize the Yzerplan. You were the one banging the drum for Yzerman for years, I was excited that they hired him. But now it is verboten to criticize anything about these two humdrum seasons. It appears like nothing has changed and we are being still told it's a man's league and we have to wait for the toddlers to grow into men. What place are the Vegas Knights in?
                I was banging the drum to get rid of Holland for sure and yes Yzerman was a logical fit. It’s been fun as there’s not much else to talk about but your agenda is to thrash Steve Yzerman as the Wings don’t have any cap space to sign FA that don’t exist. Also out of the 500 draft picks in the last 2 drafts only 15 players have played an NHL game.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I DO think Froot is reaching a little bit trying to tie Yzerman's two years in with Holland's end of career disaster. If none of those picks in the last four or five years amount to anything (and it's looking like most of them won't), I'm not sure how that's supposed to be tacked onto Yzerman's time on the clock.

That said... if you look at this Red Wings roster, and you don't think the people you've drafted are better than them, then that speaks VOLUMES about what you think of your draft picks, and you're just trying to protect yourself from looking like you made bad picks. Bring the young guys up. Dump this trash. Let's actually see what Yzerman is bringing to the table rather than hear carefully cultivated stories from Juniors and the Swedish Elite League.

Yzerman himself was called up pretty much right off the bat, so don't tell me young players can't handle it. He knows better. If playing in the NHL breaks them now, it's going to break them four years from now, and we might as well know who's gonna sink or swim today.
                  Last edited by chemiclord; March 7, 2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• If not for COVID 19....Seider (Yzerman's first draft pick) would be in Detroit and playing right now. His Sweden team insisted that Seider stay with them on loan for a whole season there.

Yzerman, the player, was a generational type talent. Those players are not around very often.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• My point is mainly the main roster is status quo. Jad should easily be able to call up some of these moves Yzerman has made. He could tell us about the great Marc Staal trade to get an extra draft pick. If it is solely focused on the 1st round of the draft and the draft lottery itself then they will probably never compete again. Cup winning teams are littered with guys who were acquired in trades, free agency, waiver wire pickups, etc... And if you are going to blame the lottery as much as Jad does, maybe cut Holland a little slack as the last three 1st round picks were also screwed over by the draft lottery. Or maybe not cut him slack but give Yzerman the same scrutiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                        If not for COVID 19....Seider (Yzerman's first draft pick) would be in Detroit and playing right now. His Sweden team insisted that Seider stay with them on loan for a whole season there.

Yzerman, the player, was a generational type talent. Those players are not around very often.
                        A generational type talent... that went fourth in his draft class. But apparently, the recent #4 is just a little boy who can't handle playing with men?

Comment

A generational type talent... that went fourth in his draft class. But apparently, the recent #4 is just a little boy who can't handle playing with men?
                          If the Wings were the 4th worst team in the league I wouldn't say anything about drafting #4. Its a quality pick for sure but the Wings lost 49 games in the 2019-2020 season. The next closest was 36 loses. They were absolutely terrible with a draft class which had 3 prospects that were headliners. If we landed any of the top 3 I'd have been happy but thats not how it played out.

And its not just Lucas Raymond not playing in the "mens" NHL. The only 2 players that have suited up in the entire 2020-21 NHL entry draft is Aleixs Lafreniere (#1 overall pick) and Tim Stützle (#3 overall pick). There's a reason the other 215 picks aren't playing. The answer is that its our GMs fault. It just has to be.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Go back another year and look at the 2019 draft. Only 3 players from that year have played in 30+ games Jack Hughes, Kakko and Kirby Dach (picks 1-3) Draft picks aren't playing early like they used to for whatever reason but its not because there's some kind of vendetta to keep the young guys down.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yeah, when the Red Wings had this year's annual, "It's a Men's league" comment they were referencing keeping guys drafted 3 or 4 years ago down in Grand Rapids. They weren't referencing last year's draft picks but you already knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Yeah, when the Red Wings had this year's annual, "It's a Men's league" comment they were referencing keeping guys drafted 3 or 4 years ago down in Grand Rapids. They weren't referencing last year's draft picks but you already knew that.
                                You were saying?
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X