Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
    Just about to finish work and tomorrow I'm off to Wales for the day to watch the Speedway Grand Prix. It's a day each year I look forward to. I meet up woth a load of old friends and we all go in a minibus, have a few drinks and a good chat and laugh.

Not sure how familiar you are with motorbike speedway over in the states, you have had a few world champions. Bruce Penhall (Who went on to be in ChiPs) and Greg Hancock (who is riding tomorrow). Bikes are 500cc, no brakes, 0-60mph in about 3 seconds.

Last years final is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgkjhhKQ10w
    Blimey Dean this is getting freaky, fellow UK Lions Fan and fellow Speedway fan.

To any of our American friends, the Cardiff Speedway GP is a great experience not to be missed if you ever get the chance. I think the last US world speedway final was held in the LA Coliseum in the 80's.

Unfortunately Bomber didn't quite manage his heroics of last year but a good effort all the same.

Thought the refs efforts to make himself as popular as Matt Millen (with some of his dumbfounding decisions) were top notch!

Dean, I'm a Bees fan who do you follow?

Comment

• Congrats King.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleggy View Post
        Blimey Dean this is getting freaky, fellow UK Lions Fan and fellow Speedway fan.

To any of our American friends, the Cardiff Speedway GP is a great experience not to be missed if you ever get the chance. I think the last US world speedway final was held in the LA Coliseum in the 80's.

Unfortunately Bomber didn't quite manage his heroics of last year but a good effort all the same.

Thought the refs efforts to make himself as popular as Matt Millen (with some of his dumbfounding decisions) were top notch!

Dean, I'm a Bees fan who do you follow?

Hi Cleggy,

Cardiff is a day out I really look forward to.

That ref was terrible, spoilt a lot of riders chances.

I used to support Oxford, there is talk of them running again next year. I haven't really been reguarly since the Han Nielsen days though. They were good times.

Like you us both being UK Lion's and Speedway fans is quite a thing, as long as we're not having sex with the same woman it's all good!
        AAL Quintez Cephus
        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• So it's OK if you're having sex with the same man?

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
            So it's OK if you're having sex with the same man?

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
            If it's you, who cares, We still get paid!
            Last edited by DeanUK; July 15, 2008, 04:24 PM.
            AAL Quintez Cephus
            If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
              So it's OK if you're having sex with the same man?

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
              Originally posted by DeanUK View Post

It's a British thing!

:-D

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                You've got it wrong!

With DanO, you have to pay him for the privledge of his services 8)

Comment

• YA!!!!!

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Well, gentle people! I have career-based news (again).....

I was recruited 2 weeks ago by my current company's competition for a job here in the Central Valley of Ca.

While the West Coast Director and I ate chef salads and drank iced tea last week at lunch, we hammered out the details for the job they wanted me to take. (He asked me what I wanted in salary and I told him I wanted 500-750K a year but I knew I wasn't going to get that much...too bad I wasn't negotiating with Matt Millen).

So as of July 31st I will be working for this new company, 10 minutes further up the road from my current job, with 1/2 the people and vehicles and no in-house maintenance to worry about (contracted out), with better benefits and 20k more in salary, with the title of General Manager!

I guess the only bad thing about it is that I'll have to travel to the GM's annual meeting this year (last year was Vegas, the year before it was Orlando). My luck it'll be in Atlanta this year!

Comment

• the Brett Favre of the train world.........

manwhore !!
                      The only logical explanation is:
                      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Nice work YT. I'm going to be in Sacramento for the day next friday. Are you near there?
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Sweet!

20K more per year is excellent. However, with the gas prices and a longer ride to work, are you going to break even?
                          ------------
                          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Hey Deac! News flash, Einstein, I haven't worked with trains in over a year. I'm strickley a bus man now.

But thanks for the props anyway on comparing me to Bert Favor!

SLF, Sac is about 3.5 hours north. I'd love to have a beer with you, but with gas around $4.35/gal I don't love having a beer with you that much :D

Drew, we've been thinking about moving closer in to Fresno anyway (right now I have a 40 minute / 26 mile commute). The only saving grace is that we're still living with my in-laws rent free (at their insistence, but we slip money into their wallets every chance we get).

Comment

• Jesus YT, pick a fricking job for crying out loud.

Seriously though, congrats.
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Congratulations, YT!!
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X