No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <cue The Steve Miller Band> Ohhhhhh, ohhh, take the money and run..........

Congrats, YT!
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Way to go, Steve!
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• CALI is treating you right brother!

Congrats!!!!

Btw, we will be cruising through Fresno on the way up to the Sequoia's on Thursday 7/31.

Ask the weather man to cool it down some for us coastal folk.

Congrats again!

Originally posted by YT View Post
        Well, gentle people! I have career-based news (again).....

I was recruited 2 weeks ago by my current company's competition for a job here in the Central Valley of Ca.

While the West Coast Director and I ate chef salads and drank iced tea last week at lunch, we hammered out the details for the job they wanted me to take. (He asked me what I wanted in salary and I told him I wanted 500-750K a year but I knew I wasn't going to get that much...too bad I wasn't negotiating with Matt Millen).

So as of July 31st I will be working for this new company, 10 minutes further up the road from my current job, with 1/2 the people and vehicles and no in-house maintenance to worry about (contracted out), with better benefits and 20k more in salary, with the title of General Manager!

I guess the only bad thing about it is that I'll have to travel to the GM's annual meeting this year (last year was Vegas, the year before it was Orlando). My luck it'll be in Atlanta this year!
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Do you even unpacked your shit YT or just live out of boxes?

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Thanks All!

Dano....we're still living out of boxes.

Comment

• Congrats btw.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Thanks Hoss!

With the new gig & raise, I may be able to make the Forum game this year.

Comment

• That's what I was thinking.

GO LIONS "08' !!!!!!!!
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• YT, glad to hear you landed well (again)! Sounds like a great opportunity.

Speaking of things that make my day, my 11-year-old Brian and I leave tomorrow morning early for a month in Asia (Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Cambodia). It will be an awesome bonding experience and perhaps a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Brian. And I will love to see things through his first time eyes. Brian will also be there for Lynn and my 'Indian' ceremony on 16 August (followed by the US ceremony late this year or early next year).

Pretty eventful month -- but probably means I will be around here a lot less. Time I am back, it is will be close to season kick off!

Enjoy your vacation from me.

Comment

• Sounds awesome KC. Have a great time and I hope the wedding is as beautiful as y'all are dreaming it to be.
                      "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Congrats on the nuptuals, KC. Have a safe trip.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Bone Voy Atchee, Kaysum and Son.
                          ------------
                          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• I had my Change of Command ceremony at CG Station Dauphin Island yesterday

My family and me following the ceremony

Yes, I cried.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• An excerpt from my speech ( I got a long standin O when I was done)

See below...
                              Last edited by CGVT; July 19, 2008, 08:14 PM. Reason: I am a windows idiot

Comment

• Shit! Deb, can you fix that?

Comment

Working...
                                X