Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
    Unless it was for a new home purchase or a lot of new auto sales tax, there should be no reason you're allowing the govt. to use that much of your money during the year.

Even if you are getting that large of a tax return for the first 2 reasons I listed, you should have adjusted your payroll deductions to zero (0) for both you and your spouse to keep more of your payroll income as soon as those large purchases were made for the rest of 2009.

Either way, I'm glad for you that it wasn't an 8K bill.

I'm already familiar with the strategy you're talking about, but I didn't overpay $8000. I only overpaid $1500. The rest was from child tax credits and EIC. (Married, two children, with taxable income below $16,000)

This coming year, I'm considering going exempt on my payroll deductions. This would be a good question for you while we're on the subject; If I do claim exempt on my W-4, would that also affect my state/local deductions?
    "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• Ex-wife wise Drew. I do my own taxes.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• DanO,

Our local state representative here (Mike Bell) has proposed legislation in the Tennessee State House that would make child custody in divorce cases a 50/50 split unless one or both parents were deemed unfit to raise the children. Thought you might be interested that at least somewhere someone seems to care about your and others similar to you's plight.
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• That is the way it should be - 50/50 is what is best for the kids unless one parent is an alcoholic or crazy or something - bravo TN.
          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• "Our local state representative here (Mike Bell) has proposed legislation in the Tennessee State House that would make child custody in divorce cases a 50/50 split unless one or both parents were deemed unfit to raise the children."
            ------------------Michigan has the exact same legislation on proposal.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweatpants Murphy View Post
              I'm already familiar with the strategy you're talking about, but I didn't overpay $8000. I only overpaid $1500. The rest was from child tax credits and EIC. (Married, two children, with taxable income below $16,000)

This coming year, I'm considering going exempt on my payroll deductions. This would be a good question for you while we're on the subject; If I do claim exempt on my W-4, would that also affect my state/local deductions?
              I think you should technically have two forms but you should ask your payroll/HR person how they do things. I've had some places give me two forms, one federal and one state, for payroll withholding. But others gave me one form and based both federal and state on that.
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• We're going to do our taxes this weekend. I just need to figure out if I can claim condoms, KY and knee pads.

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                  We're going to do our taxes this weekend. I just need to figure out if I can claim condoms, KY and knee pads.
                  been helping Obama in getting health care passed?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    I think you should technically have two forms but you should ask your payroll/HR person how they do things. I've had some places give me two forms, one federal and one state, for payroll withholding. But others gave me one form and based both federal and state on that.

ours is all in web form, I think I will have to contact HR directly for that.

since I claim 4 already, my hourly wage isn't high enough to qualify for federal deductions. my commission check is where I get hosed, since they take the maximum percentage for the amount of exemptions claimed.
                    "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• Keep the political stuff in the politics section dwt.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                        We're going to do our taxes this weekend. I just need to figure out if I can claim condoms, KY and knee pads.
                        Unreimbursed work expenses are generally deductible if you itemize.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                          been helping Obama in getting health care passed?
                          Nope....helping the AF fighter jocks get lifetime supplies of Enzyte

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                          Unreimbursed work expenses are generally deductible if you itemize.
                          Thanks. Does this mean I can deduct my fish net stockings and ben-wah balls too?

Comment

• I see it's your birthday, YT!!! And yesterday was Bill Catalano's birthday, also!

Have a great birthday weekend, you guys!
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Happy birthday, Steve and Bill!!
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Happy Birfday yall!
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X