No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's great Drew. Congrats. I'm not there yet but I know I would be ecstatic if I were you.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• DL, I can easily see why you are so proud. Google is one of the premier places to work, and London is such a cool city. Be sure to tell her how proud you are of her.

Comment

• Thats awesome DL, good for her. Motivation to advance oneself seems rare these days. It seems most people are looking for that quick score or the get rich quick scheme. Yours story of your daughter is a great one.

Now you just need to fly over and see her and see the European NFL game next year.
        AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
        2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
        3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
        4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
        5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
        6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
        7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• High five, DL!!!!!^^^^^

I can tell you as a fact, while your children may live with an ex-spouse, your influence remains with them and they hear and respond to you when you show them you love them and care about them.

........disclaimer.........children in their teenage years whether they live with you or not, will show disrespect and insulence. A light bulb goes on around 22 or 23 and all of a sudden, you become very smart over night.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
            Because her mother and I divorced when she was 16 I can't really say how much of an influence I had on her life making decisions,
            Congrats DL and if you were with her until 16, you were there during the important years. By 16 their basic values have been established.

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            children in their teenage years whether they live with you or not, will show disrespect and insulence. A light bulb goes on around 22 or 23 and all of a sudden, you become very smart over night.
            So true. This was my experience. Hated my parents as a teenager and beyond but about the time you mention, I did come around and realize everything they had done (though I hated most of it because I hate it when people try to control me) they had done out of love and made me who I turned out to be and then my Dad became one of my best friends.
            "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Originally posted by romster View Post
              So true. This was my experience. Hated my parents as a teenager and beyond but about the time you mention, I did come around and realize everything they had done (though I hated most of it because I hate it when people try to control me) they had done out of love and made me who I turned out to be and then my Dad became one of my best friends.
              I have a very similar story Rom
              AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
              2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
              3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
              4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
              5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
              6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
              7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Congrats DL.

Can she get me a job? I'll move to London!

Comment

• You're just in it for the TSA screening...
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• True!

Comment

• Are you going to ask to be groped AND go through the screener?

Comment

• Yep...and strip-searched and anally-probed!

Plus if there's time left after all that and before the flight, I'll ask for an in-flight dinner to eat on the concourse. That way everyone will get to enjoy my "odoriferous emissions" @ 30K feet

Comment

• If anybody wants to see the lunar eclipse and its cloudy where you are, here's a link to a webcam in Chile:

[ame="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/eclipselunarchile"]EclipselunarChile on USTREAM: ECLIPSE LUNAR DESDE LAS CONDES CHILE.[/ame]
                          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I got my kids up at 1:30 last night to take a look. It was a really clear night in Lower Alabama and we had a great show. We didn't stay up too late, but watched the last of the light disappear as the shadow covered the moon. It was pretty cool. The kids loved it.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Wanted to check it out but Global Warming apparently didn’t get the notice out here in So Cal. We have been deluged by rain for 4 straight days and 4 straight nights without any clearing in the near future.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• It was very overcast last night here and has been raining all day, which is why I watched the webcam from Chile. It was pretty cool and quite a rare event when you combine it with it falling on the winter solstice.
                                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Working...
                                X