Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
    Fittywon Fitty, how's it hangin'? You must be pretty busy. I haven't see much of you lately.
    Busier than a one legged man at an ass-kicking contest!

Each day brings about a whole new set of issues that the previous GM ignored.

I did get rid of one of my problem children today. He and I had a closed door session and when it didn't go his way he stormed out and made the comment that "If I wanted to be the manager, I needed to start acting like the damn manager". And he said this in front of several other employees; including 2 brand new drivers I just hired Monday.

After his comment, I came up out of my chair like Superman and told him to grab his backpack and leave the premises..HE WAS DONE!!!!

Mess with the bull you're eventually going to get the horn!!!!

Comment

• and don't let the friggin door hit you in the ass..... thats showin those big mouths the door.. good call Yt
      If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Last Saturday my Uncle Keith and Uncle Bruce rode their motorcycles down and we went for a nice ride through Irish Hills and Brooklyn. I've group ridden a million times but never with a family member. I enlisted in the Army Reserve @ 17 because I wanted to be just like my Uncle Keith. Had not seen him in several years except for a brief 20 minute visit a few weeks ago. It was about as perfect an afternoon as I could've imagined. Great weather, great ride and my Uncle Keith told some of his Vietnam stories which were pretty amazing. He and his wife are moving to New Mexico to live out their retirement so its very likely the last time I'll ever get to ride with them. Wish I could put that afternoon on a mental DVR and keep it forever.

Comment

• It's always nice when you can appreciate how special a moment is, rather than trying to remember what seemed to be a normal moment.

That sounds like a great day Timmah.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Great story Timmy! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

• So long San Francisco! Good conference. Saw Michael Phelps, conference party headlined Seal, and Alan Jackson. Won a red 8g Nano iPod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy View Post
                Last Saturday my Uncle Keith and Uncle Bruce rode their motorcycles down and we went for a nice ride through Irish Hills and Brooklyn. I've group ridden a million times but never with a family member. I enlisted in the Army Reserve @ 17 because I wanted to be just like my Uncle Keith. Had not seen him in several years except for a brief 20 minute visit a few weeks ago. It was about as perfect an afternoon as I could've imagined. Great weather, great ride and my Uncle Keith told some of his Vietnam stories which were pretty amazing. He and his wife are moving to New Mexico to live out their retirement so its very likely the last time I'll ever get to ride with them. Wish I could put that afternoon on a mental DVR and keep it forever.
                Yeah, rides can do that...being with friends on the open road and the elements that you take for granted in a car become memorable.

There is nothing more satisfying than having your significant other on the back of the bike and coming up on a breathtaking scene that you share...We took a ride in Idaho and came up thru Stanley...coming up on the Sawtooth Mountains, my wife hugged me and it just made the day...

What kind of bike Timmy? We ride a 97 Harley Heritage Springer...
                Come take a look at

< The New Lions GM!

Comment

• GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• My daughter gets in a little fender bender. Nobody was hurt and the damage wasn't deep but did span the rear door, front door, fender, front bumper /grill/ left lights. He kind of skidded down the side her of and wrapped himself around the front corner. Totally his fault taking a right turn into a gas station from the left lane. Now why did this make my day when it sounds like such a bad thing?

Insurance adjuster cut me a check for $2,843. when I bought the car just last year for $800. did have about the same in parts in it though roughly $1500 invested. Told my daughter I'll look at all the receipts I have for it and split the left over with her.
                    I'm not to blame.

I voted for the other guy!

Nov. 2008

Comment

• just saw the best bumper sticker E-V-E-R:

NICE HUMMER.
                      sorry about your penis.

If I had time I would have chased the car to ask them where they bought it.
                      "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• lol!!
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                          So long San Francisco! Good conference. Saw Michael Phelps, conference party headlined Seal, and Alan Jackson. Won a red 8g Nano iPod.
                          Niiiiiice.
                          "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• Thanks Romster! Took 8 hours to get home. Over 2 hour layover in
                            Chicago. Ugh!

Comment

• Nice bike Bimmer! My Uncle Keith rides an Excelsior-Henderson which has the Springer front end on it. I have a Honda ST1100. My style of riding generally is more aggressive and involves longer trips so an sport-tourer was the perfect fit for me.

My Stealth is finally done being rebuilt after almost 3 months. I bought a plane ticket and pick it up on Friday in Charlotte. That thing always put a smile on my face and it'll only get better after the upgrades. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy View Post
                                My Stealth is finally done being rebuilt after almost 3 months. I bought a plane ticket and pick it up on Friday in Charlotte. :D
                                My old stomping grounds. Did my senior year at Charlotte HS. We moved to Charlotte at the end of my junior year but we finsihed the school year out in Olivet.

I hope you mean Charlotte Mi and not Charlotte NC!

Congrats Timmah! Have a great & safe ride back to "Bama!

Comment

Working...
                                X