Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• imagine this interview with a scottish accent

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPMafRXg2j0"]Talk Stoop Vincent D'Onofrio - YouTube[/ame]
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• "I've been thinking for sometime now that we should have a thread devoted to nothing but pics of forum members and their families. What say ye?"
        ---------------------------Sounds good to me,Cat.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Great Pic Marko, can you remember what the steaks were like?
          AAL Quintez Cephus
          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• This is just neat

This 1922 Kodachrome Test Footage is Strangely Bewitching

By Joan Neuberger
            |
            Posted Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, at 1:00 PM ET

The Vault is Slate's new history blog.
            This clip is a very early, full-color Kodachrome film made by Kodak in 1922 to test new film stock and color processing. It is a lovely little four-and-a-half minutes of pretty actresses gesturing for the camera. The color and lighting are exquisite?all warm reds with flattering highlights?making it a purely enjoyable thing to watch.

In 1922, for all its technical achievements, Kodak hadn?t yet done away with the flicker that gave movies one of their earliest and most enduring nicknames: the ?flicks.? The flicker resulted from variations in film speed produced by the slow, hand-cranked cameras of the time and by variations in the density of the film itself (as you can read in the post about this film clip on Kodak?s blog, A Thousand Words).

Even more interesting to a modern viewer are the women?s gestures. They act out fluttery, innocent modesty; warm maternal love; and in the longest sequence, sexy, puckered-lip vamping. Their open expressions of feeling and the particular way they move their hands and tilt their heads, even more than the fashions of their clothes and makeup, immediately mark them as women of the interwar period. Recently a Russian film scholar, Oksana Bulgakowa, has shown how various feelings and meanings were coded in the gestures of early film actors. Some of these are so unfamiliar now, they seem like a foreign language.

Today, when we watch a TV show or a movie, we see a wide range of acting styles and behaviors. A hundred years from now, which ones will be seen as defining our age?

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That was really cool, Tony. I'll have to share it with my brother.
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Yeah, it's fascinating to watch

Comment

• It was a national holiday on Monday, so we took a ferry from Kumamoto to Shimabara. It's about an hour one-way, and in the winter there are seagulls that you can feed.

Before you watch, sorry for the little girl yelling for her mom (it's really loud). Yes, I am going to cut Tyler's hair soon, so he doesn't look like a girl. No, I am not going to cut my hair or beard anytime soon.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szqb1zoX9Hk"]Tyler feeding the seagulls - YouTube[/ame]
                  2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• That is an awesome video LFIJ......, genuine laughter and fun with the wee guy. He's brave holding his hand out to those gulls.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Nice!
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That is great!
                        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• What a wonderful smile he has!
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Moment like those will be etched in his memory forever.

Good job, Dad.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Here! Here!

Comment

• LOVE IT, LFIJ................
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X